Ask a registered nurse anything

Ask a registered nurse anything.

Has your SO massaged your feet yet today?

Why did you settle on just becoming a nurse?

I just read something about mercury poisoning and I'm also basically terrified when it comes to even the slightest medical issue and how common is that?? I have nine fillings but I don't know with what material and I have smoked salmon on my bagels sometimes, am I going to die? I live alone and my worst fear is having a heart attack or something and no one knowing that I'm dead

Why you do what you do?

Can you examine my anus?

Nope. Only like once ever, when I was pregnant.

second career. i went to school for marine biology and realized it wasn't just swimming with dolphins and shit. i needed a job and had all the prereqs for nursing so it was an easy switch.

I have never seen any patient in the hospital with mercury poisoning. I live in new jersey. You're being paranoid.

can i coume in your mouth ?

I certainly can. I can even pull poop out of it.

nah, no thanks. too much risk for disease.

Jesus, you deserve better. Ah well. !Remindme(whenever you get a divorce)

how can i get free drugs

it's a job and i make good money and get good benefits. i enjoy the excitement of it. i also take pride in my work and catching shit that other, lazier, nurses overlooked.

I want you to start living as a gay woman.

i think reddit is this way --->

Do you feel fulfilled in your career choice? Any regrets?

I'm thinking about doing an accelerated BSN program and then possibly working my way up to being a nurse practitioner.

I'm making OK money now, but I'm sick of my job & would like to enter a field where I'm actually helping people rather than selling things nobody needs.

Is it worth it being a nurse?

I'm where I intended to be.

go to ER and tell them you have pain. back pain. it's constant and interfering with your ability to carry out simple activities of daily living. tell them you have a prescription for percocet and you tried that before you came in and it did nothing. make sure to display nonverbal signs of pain. cry if you can. guard the pained area. get shot up with dilaudid. make sure you tell them your bowels have been normal.

i'm in micro biology atm any tips for someone about to enter the nursing program?

Sometimes I see nursing compared to service industry work. Do you experience the same long hours, low pay, and thankless hard work as cooks and chefs?

Have you ever jacked off a patient?

i do feel fulfilled. lots of people in my life have encouraged me to be an NP. but when I talk to the hospitalist NPs at my job they don't recommend it. they say that the future in advance degree nursing is in health policy and healthcare reform, transitions of care, etc. the NPs i know are super stressed and really don't make much more than a floor nurse. I make $75k/yr working 3 12s per week. If you can get into an NP specialty like psych or neuro, there's lots of money to be had there.

prepare to have no life until you are done. I was always academically gifted. went to an honors college, got a bachelors. Then i was like "i'll just go to nursing school". it was way more challenging than i imagined.

Are you allowed to work during your unclean time of the month because of all the blood pissing out of your cunt and potentially getting patients sick?

Do you heal niggers as well?

i already have no life so i guess that's not a huge deal for me, i have no problem studying every night
what's the most difficult class in the program in your opinion?

nope i get paid really well. $35/hr plus another $8/hr for a night shift differential. Patients are usually pretty grateful. The hours are long and sometimes it's crazy and sometimes i get paid to sit on my ass and do nothing.

nope but i've masturbated to the thought of it

Thanks for the protips.

Do your male colleagues complain about the stigma of being a male nurse, or do you notice anything of that nature yourself?

Im studying for my entrance exam HESI, is it as easy as this exam review is? Im going for lpn for now because I need the money and it's only a year, than I can do the bridge to RN.

Would you ever give an old fashioned to a stranger if he flashed you his cock and asked

no, hospital administration frequently rounds and does "tampon checks". they put you in the stirrups, look up your vag, and if they find a tampon, they send you straight home. it doesn't matter how understaffed the hospital may be. there's a strict policy that you cannot work when you're menstruating.

the most difficult for me were the junior year med-surg classes where you need to learn all the disease processes and their treatments. I was always better with the psychosocial stuff.

Seriously. I'm doing a RadTech program right now and it's hard as balls. And I hear the nursing stuff is even tougher. Not to mention you do more clinical hours than us. Caps off to you.

Legit question here

Went into hospital couple days ago as was involved in car crash and had back pain

Long story short, cute nurse made her checks on me and kept pinching, poking and groping my ass, asking if I felt anything

Is that actual medical practice in cases of back injury? Or should I go back for her number?

Male nurses don't complain. But I often feel the need to help them out. Like if some old lady has poop stuck in her rectum i'll volunteer to pull it out so the male nurse isn't in the awkward situation of having to ask someone else to witness that he didn't molest her.

Ever have sex in work?

isn't that some kind of whisky drink?

Hey OP, second year med student here. Which department do you work in?

Also, any tips for staying on good terms with the nurses while I try to pretend I'm not retarded during third year in rotations? and residency for that matter

she could have been checking for spinal injury i guess. it's not something i would have done. i would try to get number.

Post your tits you nurse slag.

What does RN stand for?

what do u think about seeing a patiens cocks

I work in a telemetry observation unit right now. Mostly TIAs and chest pain from ED that they feel they can do tests in AM and then send home. Doesn't always go that way, though.

Nurses generally hate to have to call the providers. If we call it's either because we really need you to prescribe a med or because something serious is happening and we need to pass the responsibility. Be careful about doing nothing. When I give report to the next shift I'm like "yeah she's been brady in the 40s since she got here and I let the attending know but they didn't want to do anything." At least order an EKG or something. Every time I talk to you I chart "Dr. made aware. No new orders received". So just be careful with that. If you're not busy come and see the patient. Also always give your name (and spell it!) and the name of your co-signer if you're giving me verbal orders. Otherwise I'm calling you back when I go to enter it in the EMR.

is there such thing as a male nurse?

it's honestly a huge disappointment (as in nothing sexual crosses my mind) like 90% of the time.

What do you make of doctors? I always have the feeling that doctors and nurses don't get along too well.

sure, i work with lots of them

Do you have a scat fetish?

nope, not my work. although i've thought about it a few times.

Why do nurses have fat ankles? and dont say its from standing day,

not at all. although i'm usually pretty proactive about manually disimpacting people who are constipated. I kinda like making the little old ladies yelp. it's nothing sexual tho.

do u ever see many that u like?
Also would ever wank off a patient

my ankles are not fat.

How fat are you?

hardly ever. i would maybe if the opportunity came up. once i had a patient who had a pretty big cock and had recently undergone electrolysis to remove pubic hair. He had a rash/irritation that he showed to me. He asked for vasoline so that he could "respectfully rub it on his genitals". I probably would have skillfully applied it if he asked me to.

OP here, checking out. Goodnight!

How many times have you seen Frozen?

I'm graduating in a year. Do you like your job?

post ankles

what sort of fetishes u into?
Anal?

Real medical school or tv college certificate?