Kemono

kemono

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html
variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-bandwidth-usage-internet-traffic-1201507187/
venturebeat.com/2015/12/07/streaming-services-now-account-for-over-70-of-peak-traffic-in-north-america-netflix-dominates-with-37/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yiff in hell furfags

no wait, yiff in my butt please.

Well my internet just died

Same

no takings for my offer of butt-yiffing?

Gay

i'll fuckin bash you, cunt.

Now I'm stuck in my phone :c

It's hard to do that with little internet

turns out my router and computer are actually just liars

sounds about right

flash it with some non-shit firmware you dipshit. i use tomato, it's pretty lit. if your router doesn't support that go for something like dd-wrt or open-wrt.

>Using firmware I was given by ISP

>using your ISP's router or modem
pls no
Buy your own modem and router

this user is a real nigga that knows whats up. what firmware do u use?

>spending extra money
what are you, rich?

You're just on the extraNET

recommend something that isn't ungodly expensive.

Whatever came on the ASUS router.

routers are fairly cheap for the use you get out of them. i use a netgear r7000. definitely worth getting a non-shit router and firmware.

oh so you ARE a cuck.

what else

tbh i'm not exactly an expert in router brands, i know more about the firmware. just look up a guide for buying routers.

current abomination
My speed is at like 12Mbps/DL at most, so I really don't need anything over like 100Mbps capable rn.

I didn't have a choice in the router, my father bought it.
If it were my choice I'd be running OpenBSD on a router.

yes really.

i mean unless you have fibre to the home it's not really worth it.

there are actually operating systems designed specifically to be used for routers. MikroTik's RouterOS comes to mind.

OpenBSD is used on large-thoroughput routers, it can even do very very well with 10gbps connections.
openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html
www.bsdnow.tv/tutorials/openbsd-router

will have to look into that. not like i'm going to be building a server rack for a router any time soon though, kek.

why are you posting naked dog people in a router thread?

Netflix uses FreeBSD for their routers.
Unfortunately, Netflix is over one third of ALL US internet traffic at peak times.

christ, is it really that much traffic? there's no way that's true.

because my router is a tiny naked dog person

Could I possibly just buy a router then turn my modem into just bridgemode? Or is a personal modem absolutely recommended? For some reason, in my younger years, I thought I had to use the ISPs stuff otherwise it wouldn't work, since then I just haven't really thought to upgrade, I don't really have a problem with it as is, but could be better.

well i just use my ISP's modem, mainly because it would be a fucking pain to set up the fibre optic connection and I just can't be bothered.

variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-bandwidth-usage-internet-traffic-1201507187/
venturebeat.com/2015/12/07/streaming-services-now-account-for-over-70-of-peak-traffic-in-north-america-netflix-dominates-with-37/
Streaming is killing the internet. Imagine how fast all our connections could be if streaming movies did not exist.

I have a motorola modem. As far as I know, you just have to find a modem compatibility list for your ISP in your area for your connection.

can't really fault netflix though, they're pretty serious about compression and shit.

Hi Geoffe

Aight, I'll look, thanks.

That's what I'm saying, I've never had to set that up other than basic connections. Never overhauled my network by myself. No need to.

well yeah, you literally just plug your router into your modem and set up a few options in the router firmware, like PPPoE. pretty easy.

hi
how you doin?

But if I was to use my own MODEM...

I doin' k, not high enough.
You?

don't see why you'd really need to get your own modem, honestly. never set a modem up personally, so don't ask me.

pretty good. not really doing much of anything

Modems generally automatically set themselves up, and routers generally automatically set themselves up. Depends on how modern or old your connection is.

yeah i mean the main thing you need to set up is just done via the router firmware, right? like entering the information your ISP gives you. is there really anything you need to do to set up a modem beyond plugging it in?

Convince me to get a router though. From reading about it the biggest draw is just faster transfer speeds over local network.

I heard that. Playin vidya myself. Trying to take advntage of my off night :D D:

what game?

Destiny :/
Battlefield servers are on fire or something smh.

You can do a LOT with custom router firmware. Tomato allows you to run media servers, Nginx, bittorrent, etc. And if your ISP's router doesn't support custom firmware then you gotta get a new router. That's it, really. sick connection speeds and sick firmware.

I played that a shitton up until a caouple months ago. how's the new expansion?

It's been a while, but I remember no setup needed other than plugging in things one at a time.
I think after one outage or something, though, we had to call comcast and tell them "yes, that modem's ours, we haven't been compromised"

>his modem doesn't have a power backup
lmaoing @ ur isp, user.

Fanservice without being what fans REALLY want. More content. Only new thing really being the raid and social space. New guns are MOSTLY reskins. Ornaments (the ones you want at least) are basically pay to get without a massive grind. But I still can't stop myself.

I know what you mean. I hated the game when it came out, couldn't stop playing it, and ended up buying the special edition of the taken king

Internet outage, silly.

>his isp doesn't have a battery backup?
lmaoing @ ur isp?

Raid mode guns are literally white reskins. It's kinda ridic. Destiny 2 next year better make my brain jizz.

>tfw too tall and manly to be a cute boy
someone hold me

Comcast a shit. I agree.

>holds your balls
I know that feel though.

I'm only going to end up getting it if it comes to pc. I love it, but I can't deal with the xbox/ps4 exclusive stuff anymore

P$4 will still have exclusives if it comes to PC

at least i'm a switch though. so it's not like i'll have to live my life being too manly to be a bottom. and i can always fuck chicks.

Hello evryone

I've only been able to get six men and no women, so far. How do you get women?

i mean i fingered a few chicks once if that's what you mean. nothing serious tho.

Step 1 be attractive

What the fuck is with these threads. I'm gonna come back later when they're not all over the place.

shouldn't have posted in a router thread unless you wanted discussion on how to get chicks, idiot.

Goodbye for ever

>he's not fucking an actual dog
what a waste of a fursuit tbh

>a

I just wanted to post a pic of my pumpkin...

But how?
I wish I could do that.