What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Literally just watched this last night. There are problems with the pacing (trying to fit too much material in, should have been a trilogy etc), and the occasional acting complaint. But overall it's fucking awesome I though. The visuals are really top notch. And not in a 'big explosions' Micheal Bay way, but in the serious thought obviously given to clever designs of science fiction ideas. Also didn't see the twist coming. Loved it. Also the random Maori from nowhere. Solid film which was underappreciated. I think the problem was the child main actors/kid film confusion they had in marketing it.

Child actors and Orson Scott Card going out of his way to stir up shit just prior to the film's release.

the game room. most of the best scenes in the book, as well as most of the characters development take place there. but in the movie its just way too big and way too hard to notice whats going on, so instead of smart battle tactics and camaraderie we just get Ender dual wielding

did not stay true to the book

>Implying

Yeah, media magic wand of destruction hits another thing. I agree Card should have shut his fool mouth but the media didn't need to act like his not agreeing with gay marriage tainted an entire project that didn't have jack to do with gays and then make it bomb.

>trying to fit too much material in, should have been a trilogy

It's quite a short book, there really isn't material for a trilogy.

Can't adapt this as a movie. It's the Dune problem, it just doesn't fit the three sequence, 2 hour movie format.

Miniseries has a much better chance at doing it right.

The problem was that the book is a masterpiece and the film fucks it up in every possible way except design.

wasn't the budget cut.

Its literally like my animes senpai.
10 year olds saving the world and shit.
Is this actually in the book? How can anyone take it seriously?

He's pretty much the result of a government breeding program to facilitate the suitable traits and then brutal conditioning and teaching for most of his life to make him the perfect commander. Along with some deception to make him think he's only doing simulations instead of leading actual combat.

Child actors

But hes like 10.
This is bullshit

it was spectacular

It's fuckin Science-Fiction dude, you sound like some dumb as fuck dudebro.

Suspension of disbelief motherfucker

on the one hand I'm really really disappointed in the war games and the last section of the book when he commands real ships in battle. on the other hand I'm glad as hell they left out the parts where his brother gains political power through running an online blog.

fuck you i liked it

Do they open with some operators complaining about how they cant feel his emotions anymore because they removed the monitoring chip?

Child geniuses exist user. Also it turns out he needed to be a child to have compassion towards the buggers. The book is pretty good

Well imagine internet 5.0 where every person has a unique ID and its really the only form of mass communication.

Peter didn't have compassion as a child. Valentine had too much. Ender was the third porridge, just right

I thought it was a fine movie. COuld have worked better as a trilogy, rather than a single film, but I enjoyed it.

Seeing the Dr Device in action was pretty sweet.

Is not enforced by the film Numbskull, people always forget the term is WILLING suspension of disbelief. I'm sorry you're unwilling or incapable.

Fags

nobody cared

pretty much this

they are not gonna have toddlers murder each other

first movie: training

second movie: siblings plot and enders spring break

third movie: siblings master plan after math and enders war

their version of the internet suposedly lacked any shitposting so it had more serious relevance.

this. it was an un-adaptable book

>Orson Scott Card predicted iPhones/iPads pretty much to a T

I was pretty impressed with that. Then I read Ender's Shadow where Bean hid from people in a toilet as an actual infant. That's when I lost respect for Card's writing.

it's kind of cool how the book predicted blogs and forums years before they existed though

>top strategist

...please

It focused too much on trying to include every bit that they combined aspects of it. there was 0 pay off for any conclusion they made such as "the enemies gate is down" which gave no logic to why they chose that (smaller targets etc.) and why the fuck did bean say it? It was Ender's line.
They should have focused more on the psychological stress they put in Ender, and less on the the adults.
Also i laughed every time they focused on the hands of the kids durrng the final fight scenes because they had all this advanced touch screen shit but were litterally using a Belkin n52e gamepad.

"gate is down" was to have a constant reference in 6 degree of freedom space lacking gravity. point with the movie still fucked it up entirely.

Right. They make sure they say that in the movie. But it litterally never pays off in combat for his army.
It also bothered me that they combined multiple battles together just to include everything they could.

Terrible dialogue.
Terrible acting.
A child in a lead role that you want to punch in the face.

really it would have to be done in a mini-series with fucking doogie howser journal entries done at the end of each episode going over ender's thoughts and realizations

Young adult sci fi/fantasy is over saturated.

honestly they probably should've just cut bean entirely instead of trying to shove him in there