Why do baby boomers make Simpsons "meme" images like these and post them on Facebook?

Why do baby boomers make Simpsons "meme" images like these and post them on Facebook?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/feels-good-man-728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christ that's almost as bad as the minion memes

>You mad

because they are old and their lives were meaningless

Would you rather have them posting bebe next to trite little quips with conventional wisdom on Facebook?

>baby boomers

women in their late 30s/early 40s are more pathetic desu

it's funny how they dont seem to understand the connection between the text and the image

why would bart be ranting about marriage?

it's like how kermit the frog goes on about everything from ISIS to veganism according to normies

Divorce is an option, irregardless of what you say. I learned that firsthand. I guess I could have killed her, but that seemed excessive. I don't want to go to jail. It'd be cool if she got struck by lightning though.

Meme images are not completely interchangeable. The facial expression and personality of Bart Simpson are distinct from bebe. Bart is an outsider with a moral code. Bebe and pepe and all the smug memes are completely immoral, which is what makes them more redpilled than facebook memes. That sounds edgy as fuck, but edginess is really what distinguishes communities like this from the mainstream.

Its true fag people are to fickle today.

because image macros have established a disconnect between image and text for a decade. what they fail to grasp is that these image macros are based on established emotional cues and recognizable feelings. it's established that Scumbag Steve is for douchebag people. and that's why old people memes fail. there is no recognizable theme or commonality with their memes. an image of Bart can be used as a backdrop for anything

Bebe Stalin seyz "If he dont love u enough to do the dishes, he doesnt deserve dessert"

I can't believe a word out of your mouth, Bebe Stalin.

humor is different in all generations.

would your grandma laugh at any of the edgy memes here? probably not. so i imagine in 40 years you'll be telling the young whipper snappers "when i was your age memes were actually funny"

una vela

>they're old

haha assholes

Not like yourss sperglord lol

aw jeez my grandma posted this to facebook today

Why do millennials make minions "meme" images like these and post them on Facebook?

Pro tip: 80% of the dankest new memes are from 70 year old Jewish writers who are on Vine's payroll

Did she really? How can old people not recognize the pure evil in Pepe's smirk?

>pepe

You mean facebookfrog

Because they spent their lives doing something other than learning to make internet memes

This is the hill you've chosen to die on this week? 'Baby boomers'?

And this faggot. God knows those same women actually have something interesting to talk about that isn' t spending time on a hentai website on Saturday night

I can't wait until you braindead fucking losers start following through on your vainglorious threats of suicide.

Gen X here. half my FB friends are boomers and the other half are millennials.

Most millennials meme to make a point, and the boomers try to copy the style like they were forwarding a chain email in 1995.

Its somehow a legitimate form of conversation and not just shitposting.

>le twitter frog

yea she also posted this one

maybe she's just a Sup Forumstard though

shitposting by some definitions is using memes wrong. you're saying the end justifies the means. shitposting is about the means.

Not like you homo

b-but it's different when we do it! we do it the good way!

One would assume that women have something interesting to talk about seeing how much time they spend out in public talking to people and participating in social activities. One would be wrong, though.

A moment of silence, please.

i-is le shiggy still fine for should i just delete it all

do bars allow people to conceal carry in bars?

Jesus.

Just pointing out how the culture has changed famo. shitposting is mainstream.

>it's like how kermit the frog goes on about everything from ISIS to veganism according to normies
but that's none of my business

>aw jeez my grandma posted this to facebook today
send her a scan of the other guy farting in pepe's face and saying "deal with it"

>smug pepe memes are completely immoral
10 feet taller

yea i don't expect coherent politics from my grandma

I don't actually believe your grandma posted these.

>but edginess is really what distinguishes communities like this from the mainstream.
it used to be more general nonconformity though but then the kids got wind of it.

>this thread keeps shooting to the top of Sup Forums

>all of your mad as fuck replies because you know I'm right

>I'll never read them

Oh and I would 100% percent of the time rather see these dinky half baked image macros than the vapid ironic tripe you fucking garbage eaters find funny

you're so goddamn irrelevant. lol

Immorality is the only avenue of nonconformity that hasn't been snapped up by Reddit.

How is that not worse?

Reply to me if you are not a bot.

hey sup

did you know that the whole anti-reddit thing has also been snapped up by reddit?

is this what goes on when you add a bunch of middle aged people to your FB? jesus christ. I had no idea. this is amazing and disgusting

yo

I told my grandmother what dubs was and now she screams from the top of her lungs every time she sees double digits

anywhere

>everywhere

Most of the actual images here are pretty decent though.

Of course. Only immorality itself is immune from mainstream popularization.

That's why you conceal it. So people don't know you have it.

That brings up bad memories from living through one of the worst eras in US history.

can we trade grandmas

Can someone explain this shit to me?

Facebook posts are not mainstream though... I mean... you don't see pepe on Big Bang Theory. No one owns the copyright, and you don't see the memes posted on mainstream media anywhere anytime ever. It's still obscure.

Shitposting is obscure enough to show the proper use of macros is not known. It's like punk music is to rock. In the early days of punk.

to anyone in the scene it seems mainstream, but to everyone else ever it's unknown.

Pepe is copyrighted.

It is derivative of the character Pepe in Matt Furie's comic book series Boys Club.

w2c?

I don't think so. Even many hugely popular movies and other culture would seem extremely immoral to the people of the past. It seems to me the thing that people really can't stomach except on the non-mainstream internet is completely honest non-conceited depreciation of others or yourself.

What's funny is many of these I'm sure are made by young people. There's a degree of irony with which young people are getting married or announcing their intention to get married. Like it's some new crazy thing to do, "We're getting married just like those old people, haha! Isn't that crazy!" Not realizing that this is exactly what those old people thought when they were getting married. Anyway it's super annoying and its funny that while they think they're doing something youthful and spontaneous they're actually buying a ticket for a bullet train to jadedness and emotional baggage

> derp eyes

>from living through one of the worst eras in US history
I too remember when America was constantly under threat from JibJab

I take the opposite view. Mainstream opinion is that self-deprecation is mandatory and you are forbidden to display personal pride unless you pass insanely high standards, such a being a billionaire or a celebrity.

You can't copyriht a meme...

But that's just conceited self-deprecation, it's obvious they are actually admiring themselves for being humble while they self-depreciate.

fucking humble braggarts

>le shiggy donatello

holy fuck, the only thing that could make this worse is if they used comic sans, or possibly papyrus.

vice.com/read/feels-good-man-728

>This thread

O shit waddup

GUYS
FARK JUST STOLE CHUCK NORRIS JOKES FROM US

I think you're right. Self-deprecation is a display of tribal affinity among misfits. The mainstream unites against people who demand respect through self-deprecation. The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut down. Paradoxically, they take pride in their tribal identity as misfits. That's why minions are so popular. Because minions are ugly little shits that band together in large groups.

>The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut down
Spotted the Asian

>>>>/reddit/

As America degenerates into a nation of leeches and wage slaves, our individualist culture is being replaced by a tribe of collectivist misfits who hate ambitious people.

Girugamesh desu-chan

The cliché is what outs you not the sentiment

Beep boop

:3

I haven't seen this meme in a while

:^)

am i witnessing the birth of a spicey new may may?

>it's a thread about memes episode

This isn't something good in most cases though.

At least wojak is still ours, right?

Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!