Culinary school

culinary school

what can i learn there that i wouldn't learn otherwise?

Other urls found in this thread:

miamidadeculinary.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People will slowly realize that the advent of the internet basically made colleges obsolete when it comes to learning information.

So the answer is nothing. You might be thinking that you'll get hands on experience, and while that is true, it'll be from people who never made and instead went into teaching. So you'll be getting an education from the hacks of the culinary world.

Show how much you know. How's McDonald's treating you?

Wew lad. Ease up on the red pills, you're hitting him hard.

to be a teacher i believe you have to have a solid understanding of the subject. so im not sure if i can agree with your statement

Is this your attempt at a slam? It's a little pathetic and hackneyed. I was trying to help you, snot nosed brat.

Pic related?

i do agree though, that the internet is an endless supply of knowledge but reading something and being taught something are two different things.

not at all

Really? I've had some fucking incompetent professors. They aren't exactly geniuses. Sometimes I know more about the subject then they do because I'm young and know how to use the internet. We're at a point where we're just waiting for all these old fucks to die so we can reset the way we educate.

I want to a trade school for working on cars. Dropped out before learning much and can still service my car by myself. Only time I need a shop is when I need the entire car lifted. Jewgle is your friend.

Good luck getting work at a Michelin star restaurant with "Learned cooking on YouTube" on your CV.

>what is YouTube?

>how to be a dick about knowing cooking methodology.

I agree with you. I was merely answering OPs question. God you people are sassy.

well thats just a belief i hold when it comes to EXCELLENT professors. yes youll find shitty teachers at every corner of the road, but to be a good teacher is different.

Cooking school would teach you everything (if its good) right down to the art of controlling the knife to cut chives quickly and efficiently, as well as the principles of heat control when cooking.

Most stuff online will just be recipes like

"add __"
"Turn heat to Medium"
"cook for ___ minutes"
"add __"
"Let sit for ___"

it doesn't teach you the understanding of how the ingredients blend, the chemistry of cooking, how to smell and taste a dish to know if its right.

that kind of stuff especially needs hands on professional guidance.

but...

if you just wanna' cook for yourself / others, online is fine, for getting any kind of respectable career, you'll need a proper education.

im trying to make a living out of cooking, im planning on attending culinary school. but i ask here for more info from people who might have attended

>Sometimes I know more about the subject then they do

Way to be THAT kid.

Then use the internet to supplement what you learn at culinary school, you'll be better informed than the rest and have deeper understanding of what you're doing.

Totally depends on how deep and how well your source your information.

ikr

where is your school ?

Usually these kind of school offer cursus where you spend half your time in a restaurant, and the other half at school.

Depending of the level of your cursus, it can be usuless or it can be a gateway to work at top tier restaurant where you'll learn a lot.

I've been sexfriend for a brief time with a girl who came out of Ferrandi ( the best french culinary school) and at 21 she was already leading a team of like 10 person ( she was chef de partie in one of the biggest ministry).

If you go to a bad school or no school it's a position that will take years to reach.

im guessing most people who are posting have attended culinary school?

ill be attending the Miami culinary institute.
miamidadeculinary.com/

idk what to look for in a culinary school but heres the website if you want to check it out

ive also been working at a breakfast/lunch place so im geting some hands on experience on the line

Health code crap all at once... and a lifetime of cooking experience in a few short years. It is one of the "default higher educations" of the stupid, because stupid people who can move fast with strong memories can always learn a trade and do well in it.

i'm just reporting what i've learned from being sexfriend with a girl who attended one of the best school worldwide

then if you're already working you can get information from your chef about what school you should attend ?

>move fast with strong memories

wat

nah everyone in that kitchen has never attended culinary, i guess thats why theyve been workign at a diner for 25 years

You sound like someone who didn't make it in culinary school.

maybe you should try to spend time with actual chef ? like going to a food fair or culinary festival or something like that where actual chef make demonstration and where you can ask question to people who have succeed