What martial art is the most useful in real life situations?

what martial art is the most useful in real life situations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ua8Tgv99Ljc?t=1h29m38s
youtube.com/watch?v=C2DirtL7JBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boxing

A gun

/thread

fisting

Parkour

as long as it is not a traditional martial art it is fine
but preferably grappling if you have to fight

Probably boxing or krav maga. Or a gun.

Tai Kwon Do

MMA

1:29:38

youtu.be/Ua8Tgv99Ljc?t=1h29m38s

Kung Fu, of course. Start at timestamp

Running away

I believe this is Tae Kwon Do. But im not 100 positive.
I think a combo of Muy Thai kickboxing and Brazilian Jujitsu is the best...

Mma

MMA

He's right!

Aikido

something in a .40 S&W realm, but optimal would be .357 mag

Jiu jitsu.

Thats not tkd hes just flaling around

Any form of mma is gay. Boxing is the ultimate

safe behind my keyboard.

>Tai

BOXING OR MUAY THAI
and
WRESTLING, BJJ, OR JUDO

Anime

triggerdiscipline.jpg

in the extremely rare situation that you get into a fight whats useful is going to be whatever you already know and are used to doing. If you are going to train just for street fighting you might as well walk around with a bat because most martial arts are built with the idea that you are in a ring and have to follow certain rules. Pick a sport, learn it, and apply it if needed. Knowing Sup Forums you are either obese or a skinny twig wanting to beat the shit out of someone because of insecurity.

Being a redneck.

Joga. Transfer your mind to some other place while getting beaten by thugs.

Muay Thai fighter and venue bouncer here. I have the most trouble with wrestlers and bjj guys.

Hello Sup Forums, I'm a cripple from the waist down. I got very buff strong arms from wheeling myself everywhere. I'm sitting and my head is on the same level as the average guys belly. I can hit their head with my range, but they could evade easily if they expect it.
What material art would be most useful to me?

probably any that involve grappling as that is what a fight is likely to devolve into

BJJ is suprisingly useful, once on the ground most people have no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

That one where you rigorously train the index finger on your dominant and nondominant hands to press a 3 digit sequence of numbers into a wireless device that calls multiple well-armed men and women to your location quickly to render aid in times of crisis. I think it's called reality-jitsu.

Being gay, just open your butthole and the fight is over, because you gonna get fucked

the one you practice in.

Training every day in fucking tai chi will give you a better sense of spatial awareness balance and movement than doing krav maga 3 times in a month and then never going back to it.

also guns are not allowed here

The problem with Muy Thai and BJJ in real life situations is the fights are not always going to be 1 on 1 or in locations that allow for grappling. Good luck grappling when you're on concrete or blacktop and someone's buddy comes and stomps on your head while you're choking his friend out.

Ideally boxing and krav maga only because krav is the only martial art that deals extensively with firearms and knives and focuses on scenarios that are likely to occur (getting robbed, jumped, etc). Curriculum also teaches grappling, clinches, etc.

This as fuck.

mikado

You're all wrong. Learning just one art isn't good enough. A lot of fights end up on the ground, and hence why Jujitsu would come in handy.

What I've learned from the experts: master a few arts, not just one, and because most people aren't trained, you will have an advantage over most people.

Kek

It looked like TKD to me cause of the second kick he snapped back. Like they do in TKD. Like I said I was not 100 sure.

Anything that trains you to think with weapons.

Do the following thought experiment: You have to punch the floor 20 times. How hard do you dare to punch? Now pick up an object in your room, that is harder than bone, that you can hold on to. Anything made of wood, metal, or even glass if it's thick enough. How hard could you hit the floor with that object.
Many seemingly mundane object can be tremendous force multipliers, and a serious approach to self defense must take this into account.

Literally only person in the thread who knows what they're talking about.

Read some Geoff Thompson books. He knows his stuff.
Thing is, the guys who go around picking fights and proceed to beat the crap out of their victims rely on a handful of dirty tricks that they have practiced to perfection. Sucker punches and headbutts and so forth.
A lot of well practiced martial arts guys have been beaten to with in an inch of their lives by guys who just knew how to land that one first hit.

/thread

I would argue actual MMA (not the random shit that people train you and claim MMA...but literally having studied multiple arts).

If you had to pick out one, I've heard Krav Maga is very good. My personal experience is with TKD, Kung Fu San Soo, Judo, HapKiDo, and American Free Style.

If I can say anything, I would say "Don't expect to really use it." Every art I've ever studied has forms. It's slow and deliberate and structured. There are rules. Even in sparring matches, there is structure that you rely on.

Street fights are the opposite. They are retardedly fast, dirty, and there are NO rules. If you can kick fast and know you can, take out someone's knees. Is something uncovered? Pop em with a kick punch. Better yet, bust a chair over that asshole's head and then rail him in the guts.

A street fight, again, is fucking dirty and VERY quick. Your goal is to put them down just as quickly and focusing heavily on forms isn't that useful. You need the athleticism, strength, and coordination, but a lot more of it is going to be intuition and knowing what to do on the spot with where you are and what's around you.

Thankyou for this

kamasutra

Same fag

Karate/Jujitsu for form and body memorization.

Muay Tai for efficient takedown/disabling

Boxing for basic defensive endurance (though it's sloppy and shit compared to karate)

He asked for martial arts, not "how to be a cowardly faggot 101".

kek

Kravmaga, best for me, but i guess systema, boxing and streetfight-traitor-style-go-for-the-eyes saouls do the trick

The art of running away.

Wing chung

For wrestling, it depends on the fight. Usually it's going to be just fists, but if you can get in there, you can fuck them up with a double

This nigga know how to, dirty fight is best fight

for a dumb street fight, boxing, but for a real 'this guy is gonna fucking kill me' fight, dirty fighting, no joke, you think anyone is gonna continue fighting you after you bite their nose off?

Carry around a bowie knife

Having been trained in a few martial arts (not dedicated MMA), I'd say it depends on circumstance and what you're trying to do. If somebody else attacks you, say a bar fight, then a grappling art is helpful for just restraining the guy until the cops show up. If you're picking the fight, then get some training in a striking art (I'm partial to the Kokishun branch of karate and its face kicks), so you can end the fight as quickly as possible, before he gets the chance to turn the tables on you.

If youre ever in a fight situation, just strip naked and helicopter your penis. Noone messes eith a man who's mid-helicopter. But if you really to use a martial art, any of them are fine as long as you're naked and stroking you're dick at the same time, it's called distraction.

>streetfight-traitor-style-go-for-the-eyes
kek

Bujinkan

But what if what i want to fight is INJUSTICE????

It is the usual badly teached and washed down Taekwondo americans teach.

To practice Taekwondo the old ways means the same as going a good Karate schoool, it takes discipline, sweat and blood to ge to a decent level.

The worse part about all this is that this same kid will become a "Bluck Bel" and teach the same bullshit over to more young deluded and unsuspectful people.

Injustice is a very subjective thing. If you're talking about government establishment, most military and police forces are trained in grappling, so you can either focus on staying out of their reach or taking control of a grapple and beating the shit out of them. For more general advice, grappling for 1v1 situations and striking for against a group.

kung fu

>not dying is cowardly

>Implying living as a coward stupid asshole is better than dying as a gentleman

ninjutsu and maybe a little bit of taijutsu. If you know genjutsu then you're automatically the winner

Learn how to joust

Made me laugh.

>GG
>NO R

*tips fedora*

avoidance

It's sad but you do have a point. Thanks to the conservicucks anyone can walk into a DMV office and get a handgun carry permit. Hopefully when Hillary gets elected next week we can finally start getting guns out of the hands of the everyday citizen to make all our lives safer. I just don't understand why people feel the need to carry a gun when we have the police and government to protect us and keep us safe. We should all just trust the police, the government, and the military to keep us safe. No one needs a gun. Guns are for the cops and the army. No one else.

Have you ever thought of escrima sticks?

If you have good upper body strength and range of motion, it would give you a reach advantage in the short term.

You can easily adapt a fitting so they snap in on your front wheelchair supports, and you can just drop them if your opponent gets in close so you can grab him.

This is somewhat true but also top quality bait. I like it.

>traitor-style-go-for-the-eyes

have fun getting stomped by the dudes friends when you're trying to straddle him.

Are tasers legal where you are?

exactly

Crab magma

More fights ITT!

Headbut before the fight even starts

For close quarters - wing chun and hsing I
for hands - kenpo or philipino boxing
for kicks - muay thai or TKD
for ground fighting - aiki-jiujitsu (predecessor of aikido and modern BJJ, used for samurai)

and of course the mental aspects of bachiquan are great

but none of it is worth of shit if you dont do energy work like tai chi

and of course none of it is jack shit without tai chi

bullshit, most fights are decided at fistfight, then the looser could try to grap you but just give a nice knee to head and thats it for grappling

gonna go with boxing
youtube.com/watch?v=C2DirtL7JBg

bring-a-gun-itsu

Drunken monkey is your only hope you beta fags can't fight no matter how hard you train. It's not in your nature.

brazilian jiu jitsu is the only right answer

The art of avoiding ghetto areas and not being an asshole

Underrated post.

Spoken like a true faggot

Gun kata like in Equilibrium

:^)

Shitty advice mate, maybe where are you from some retards guys who want to play tough come closer to your head for smouth dirty talking, but here this is not gay head-touch before fighting, its more like a glass of beer coming really fast to your face, headbutt not required unless you'ré wolverine

Standup and grappling, arts with name is out in 2k16