Harry Potter

How did Warner Bros. manage to not make a single bad movie in this 8 movie franchise but fucked up the first two movies of the DCEU so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

coronacomingattractions.com/news/4-ways-harry-potter-movies-may-have-changed-hollywood-forever
letterboxd.com/noruberuto/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None of those movies are good
Even man of steel with all its faults is better than the entire "series" of that garbage franchise.

The fuck are you talking about chamber of secrets and deathly hallows pt1 suck dick

Hahahaha dh1 is great

(You)

explain. I could say the same thing in "reverse" about the superman "series" of 2 movies... which at this point a pair isn't really a series...

All wb movies are shit. Kek, good bait cuz im drink.

Are you serious? Wow. Fucking kill yourself

That's rude

Two words Wandkino

Kill yourself or develop some taste.

starting out strong...

dude, chamber of secrets was the best one. There really is no other story line that works as good and is as creative. Honestly, it's fresh and orginal.

Deathly hollows pt1 was REALLY bad though, the fucking hiding out in the god damn woods is like every other "fantasy" movies from percy jackson, too conan tv show/xena/hercules/maze runer...

Sorceror's Stone? Is that some fan fiction?

You should literally die.

You're retarded if you think synder is a better director than yates and cuaron or that man of steel was good

TROLLS IN THE DUNGEON!

It was a decent movie that was on average with a lot fo other movies.

the rest are not surpassed by any other in the same genre.

avoiding the classic sophomore slump.

t. Hans zimmer

Zack Snyder wasn't involved

"third one's always the worst" they say.

well, not this time.

Ironic. 2 is directed like a pleb. Its been picked apart. Dh1 is straight brilliance

The only real problem is they didn't kill anyone off.
That was part of the entire narratives arc, and really should have happened.

The whomping willow, the giant spiders, the invisible flying car, the massive snake, the ghost in the bathroom, the polyjuice, the quidditch, the good CGI, the Tom Riddle.

all of it worked on such a great level, I hated it too, but really looking back at the whole of the movies, it was really the best.

No literally, there is no Harry Potter movie called Sorceror's Stone.

>eyes wide shut
>harry motherfucking potter
Pure kino

Explain in great detail why they're better directors than Zack Snyder

Your own words
Youtube videos comparing scenes
Screenshots comparing composition

Don't give me pleb trash like comparing it other movies like Brazil and trashy childish "Orwellian" themes neet ;0)

4 freaking movies? But wait...

>Ralph Finnes as Voldemort

fuck yes

This is an American website, you slimy brit.

wot

All these are 7/10 or 8/10 except Deathly Hallows 1 which should have been shorter and is only 6/10. The first three are essential comfycore. Fucking well done.

I'm sorry, where does Harry Potter come from?

It was... because of some open questions. It was just kinda the entire last 3rd was just Dues Ex Machina. Why they never used time tuners ever again is the bigger plot whole in the entire series.

The rest of the movies and graphics and story was good. Except why no one noticed that ron had a rat with a name until the third year when the twins had the map for long the that.

But it's was a good movie, except for how did harry not die to the deathly hollows the first time....

other then that spectacular movie, except if the hollows were so dangerous and autonomous why let them roam around in a school if it wasn't for the werewolf in the train in the start, harry might have died, i mean is a kid passing out like that acceptable? makes me question the whole of the society.

but FANTASTIC MOVIE FANTASTIC.

If you can't honestly see why Cuaron is a better director than Snyder, then you might as well go back to r/DC, you retarded shill.

>that fucking opening with the dementors

damn son..

you know they had 2 names for the books and movies? you're JUST learning this.. man to be 18 again.

Mind you this is to compare Snyder and Yates. Even with all his trashy imdb pandering gimmicks Cuaron is the best of the three

SPOILERS: It's good_______

let's compared fight club to breakfast at tiffany's too. they're kinda similar as well, although different genres...

fight club is obviously better then that """"""""""""""trash"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Are you kidding me?? Harry Porter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but its certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>well at least the books rawkxD
Not at all.The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

But this is to compare directors and their camera work not movies.

Are you ok? Can you not do it?

>fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others

this will be known as the only time splitting the last book into 2 parts actually worked.

It also doesn't hurt that HP is the only Young Adult franchise that isn't pandering trash.

Harry Potter literally changed the movie industry with it's green screen technology. The technology was made to keep up with the franchise. It's really one of the most revolutionary movies because of this.

No one really knows this in the pleb world, unless you're inside the industry.

the pretentious poster thinks synder is an auteur

I'm in fucking orbit I'm gone
>explain to me everything wrong with zack synder
I cant hold your hand and take you through film a to z. Zack synder.
>man of steel
>man of steel
>man of steel
Too much

Why did Hagrid move his hut to this remote depressing location? The first one was much more comfy.

it's a pasta, pay no attention to it.

it's opinions are invalid.

Bing bang boom, 8 good movies in a row.

HOWEVER did they do it?

3>7.1>6>2>5>1>8>4

You criticizing Stephen King?

Honestly?

You're the dunce?

REALLY?

trollz.

I'm still waiting for:
>Your own words
>Youtube videos comparing scenes
>Screenshots comparing composition

I know but it's so fucking funny. I just love the generic arguments like that. Reminds me of Monty Python Arguments Clinic, BUT BETTER. Reminds you that taste is subjective.

>killing Madeye Moody offscreen

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>i can't counter it so its invalid
cute.

That was some crap.

>Madeye is dead
>Oh ok whatever

That Butt hurt Snyder fan is still waiting for response....

I agree, you make some good points.

ugh, the movie series is so fucking big and long and most search results are about the hype of the movies or the fucking books, it's not like it's just a few movies... GOD DAMNIT. don't know, fucking learn to understand the movie industry and art of well written books the the post-modern world.

t. turbopleb

But yet.... a lot of people, myself included, use to love it as one of the best movies... tri-wizard tournament was kinda good, a lot more action in it. but ...

i dunno, I just settled that Chamber of Secrets is the best, because it's really the movie that set Harry Potter apart and is darker then the rest of the movies until Half-blood prince...

the burden of proof is on you because you're going against the general consensus.

Harry Potter was one of the only 2 movies that i fell asleep watching in theaters. I don't know which one it was by name, but it was whichever movie had the scene where Voldemort breaks these windows and starts throwing glass around or some shit.

i don't get it... why would you call yourself a turbopleb?

You didn't get the time turners purpose goes along with the motif of time and harry always beimg stuck in the present and past and eventually is from the future
Its a closed loop buckbeak never dies there's no alternate realities according to the closed loop nature of them. The brief time travel abides by the novikov self consistency principle its why harry casts such a powerful patronus from his perspectI've he already did it.

The ministry regulates them and they are destroyed in ootp. The fact they let a girl have the most powerful object to take classes is british humor its tongue and cheek the wizards are batshit. Giving her the time turner is pretty funny. Also hermiome ages 2-3 months that year

Back to /lit/ with your dried up pasta

coronacomingattractions.com/news/4-ways-harry-potter-movies-may-have-changed-hollywood-forever

>You're retarded if you think synder is a better director than yates and cuaron or that man of steel was good

You've had almost half an hour to do this.

You're talking to a different person because youe shitpost has attracted so much attention. The fact that you think we are obligated to write a book for a retard is hilarity. Your "taste" is literal cancer.

Why did you bother replying if you're not going to follow the meme arrows? Do you not have your own opinions about a medium you pretend to care about?

Chamber is the X-Men 2 of the series, did everything the first one did but better and with a higher budget.

HOWEVER

Prisoner is nooooowhere near as bad as X-Men 3.

It's still good, the great debate is about which is better and I'm grateful we live in a world where we can even have that debate 2bh.

HOWEVER Goblet of Fire is my personal favorite. It's not the best one but I just love that 3rd act...

>explain to me why mickey mantle and wade boggs are better baseball players than mike tyson
I don't know where to even begin and I wont waste any effort because it isn't an arguement watch their films and if you can't analyse them go read thousands of reviews online. The arrogance. You don't deserve shit.

X men 2 is dogshit as are all those movies

JUST

>I don't know where to even begin

Because you cant. You sound like the exact type of retard with 2001 and Citizen Kane on his 'favorites' list and when asked why he will say ''B-b-because they're so influential and changed cinema!!''

the burden of proof is on you because you're going against the general consensus.

>shit talks 2001
Lemme guess you didnt get the ending and I don't mean the baby ending. Go watch man of steel and avatar

See I'm shit talking retarded children like you not the films. Read some real books you illiterate neet.

>this man of steel guy is serious
What else do you think he likes?

shitposting for (You)s and rewatching his $35 Sucker Punch Blu-Ray.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

He got the steelbook? That Directors cut because synder can't even make a theatrical cut that isn't his vision

Not that guy but yes

lmao why the fuck are Harry potter fans so insecure?? this is worse than kubrick and dr who redditors

I honestly don't hate Snyder (I liked Watchmen: Director's Cut to an extent and Dawn of the Dead) but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are clearly his worst movies, people just pretend to like him because Marvel is killing Warner Bros at the whole Capeshit thing and they are contrarians.

They aren't even actual fans of Snyder.

My shitposting detector is off the charts. Do you reread your posts before you send?

Obivously I don't mind those either. He's just blatantly baiting or actually cancer

Let me know what you think. letterboxd.com/noruberuto/

If you have an account too you can post it or follow me if you're shy and don't want others to see.

maybe it was Dannyboytbh the entire time...

maybe he started the capekino meme.

>3 stars for IP Man 2

yikes.

I don't have a letterboxd but if you use that you should read some reviews because there's lots of 4 4/12 and 5 star potter reviews that showcase some good points

>Ian McKellen turned down the role of Dumbledore. Having appeared as Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings, he said, "I had enough trouble living up to one legend. Two would be too much to hope for." He also stated it would have been inappropriate to take Richard Harris' role, as the late actor had called McKellen a "dreadful" actor.

Back to the future 4 stars? Bland

How does Dumbledore like his steak?

Medium amount of points

HOWEVER