NEW ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=ikl16iLeHIY&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=ksBmS7IBlOs-6

its great

i like it

it sounds like what painting with should have been (excluding floridada and golden gal)

damn Avey dropping that F bomb

nice

>tfw no longer obsessed with anco releases
i hate growing up

>new EP friday

Really dug the live vid of this, the studio version is even better. It feels like a more electronic Sung Tongs but that's how I felt about Floridada and PW didn't end up being quite like that, so I'm a little cautious.

Really looking forward to it regardless. The bonus tracks or whatever from PW (Knip Knop and stuff) didn't really excite me so I'm glad this tune is registering well.

Did you grow up, or did they just devolve?

Lyric videos for avey poetry kill me now.

>Don't you feel me, feel your heart shine. Unity of all kind.

Damm that's so comfy

They turned the comfy back up lyrically from PW. It was so happy and bouncy but I got a lot more comfort from Deak's debut than anything from PW.

I don't like it. Its sounds the same as the past two album which no on liked

Is this song the All You Need is Love of this generation?

is this their state of the world song?

man...isnt stuff just crazy right now?!? why do we have borders anyway? theyre just imaginary lines when you think about it!!

this is akin to solo harrison/shanker collabs at their worst

What a strange and specific thing to live up to.

Nonfucks liked it plenty.

So, this is anti-Trump, right?

more like "hippy pro-love" thing

not quite focused enough for that

>listens to george harrison once

Nah. AnCo aren't politically. They're just peaceful, chill dudes and shit's pretty sociopolitcally fucky right now no matter what political side you align with so the song is probably just about that.

Great song. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Anco are way past their prime, Chz could've been good, Painting With was just alright, but this new song is really bad. It feels like they're trying to ripoff their own style way too hard, in the end it's just an uninteresting song that goes nowhere at all. If they keep releasing shit like this it'd be better for them to just stop. Any further would be just assassinating their own discography

This song sounds pretty genuine, I know a lot of people aren't really digging the band's kitschy vibe they've had going on for the past year. But Animal Collective always just do their own thing I feel, I don't think they're trying to "rip themselves off", let alone rip any other bands off.

And even if they never release another critically-approved album again, they still had an undoubtedly good run althroughout the 2000's.

not at all

The first 20 seconds are pretty great, I wish they used the weird rhythmic sample through out the song. I'm not huge on it, it ain't bad though.

This, I liked this song more than most of that album

Uhm they do.

Wtf this sucks

I hate this band now
painfully mediocre, retire already

Huh you're right.

>i dont like thing anymore so it should stop existing

How is middle school?

By this point I'm convinced that a lot of AnCo fans will only be happy if they release a half assed ambient track with them going "ooooohhhhhh" for 5 minutes just because it sounds the most similar to their "heyday".

great tune! can't wait for the EP
i fucking love their cover of jimmy mack

I love it really catchy

what does that have to do with middle school?

OH JIMMMY
That shit was great live

God I hate all these fucking artists going political because of Trump. Fuck off. Don't shove your liberal attitudes down my throat.

No, they actually supported Trump. They were playing at Florida during the time of the elections and influenced in trump's outcome.

I love it desu!!!

This is like the worst parts of MPP and PW put together.

Thinking the world revolves around you.

>EP is called The Painters
>song is no different than Painting With
I don't know what I expected honestly

> no different than Painting With

did we listen to the same song?

But there's no hocketing here

God, I can't stand the way they process Avey's vocals.

I doubt it being as it was an outtake from the Painting With sessions which were recorded in 2015

>The Painters EP
>1. Kinda Bonkers
>2. Peacemaker
>3. Goalkeeper
>4. Jimmy Mack

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

i'm pretty sure they endorsed Hillary on their facebook

>Painting With outtake
>better than all but about 2 songs from Painting With
Really gets the grey matter a-movin'

>The Painters EP
siiiick, jimmy mack! that song was so fun to see live.

Better than the songs on Painting With but still not good for being AnCo. Something went wrong with them after Feels (Strawberry Jam was pretty good though).

Spotted the guitarfag.

dude what the fuck is wrong with those lyrics

sounds like a kindergarten song

Pretty sure Panda didn't, since he is an outspoken nazi and supporter of the alt-right movement.

good meme

I agree. Good on them to do a fan favorite from their live set as a studio recording. Much like the song Safer back in the day.

Nah, there aren't that many guitars on their first two albums. I just like their experimental/freak-folk/native american stuff better than their poppier modern stuff. I liked ODDSAC and the Honeycomb 12' though. MPP was an ok album too but not a good AnCo album if you get me? I dunno, been following their career since HCTI, which became my definition of "pure AnCo" so maybe that has something to do with it too. If MPP or something more modern were the first album I heard by them, my opinions might've been different.

Meme? It's the truth, son.

they don't do anything particularly interesting with the synthesizers t bh.

>MPP was an ok album too but not a good AnCo album if you get me?

Not really, because my first AnCo album was SJ. So MPP and CHz are plenty AnCo.

>I dunno, been following their career since HCTI, which became my definition of "pure AnCo" so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Pretty certain this is the case. Problem with bands like AnCo is that their constant shifting of styles creates different types of fans and people end up at odds. Some people like the freak folk, some people like the psych tinged eletronic pop, some people like the high frequency noise pop, some people like their comfy Feels/Campfire Songs guitar-based stuff, blah blah blah.

Nothing they make is "not pure AnCo" because they never really had a defined style. Every "generation" of AnCo fan will come in and be like "This... this isn't pure AnCo!" because when they got into AnCo they made different music.

It's not bad, and neither was Painting With imo

But people who are crying need to relax because they'll eventually move away from the PW era sound, like they always do

There's a lot of guitar on both Spirit and Danse

Hmm

I like the chorus but the rest is meh

>Not really
What I meant was that I liked the album as an album, but in comparison with AnCo's earlier releases it was just not up there for me. It's the album I grew tired with fastest of all their stuff (up to that point in time at least).

>Problem with bands like AnCo is that their constant shifting of styles creates different types of fans and people end up at odds.
Yeah, exactly. That was sort of my point too.

>Nothing they make is "not pure AnCo" because they never really had a defined style. Every "generation" of AnCo fan will come in and be like "This... this isn't pure AnCo!" because when they got into AnCo they made different music.
Yeah, however, I do think there is something about everything they do that make it sound like AnCo though. Can't really put my finger on what exactly but I would have to say that the native american/chanting/shaman influences is something that seems to be a red line in almost everything by them.

I FUCKS WITH IT

>I would have to say that the native american/chanting/shaman influences is something that seems to be a red line in almost everything by them.

Well, sure, it was a motif for a long time, but only for like 4 years. 2003 to 2007 or so. They haven't done that in 10 years and four albums, so who's to say that AnCo has more to do with that stuff than they do synthesizers, samplers, and pop hooks

>but only for like 4 years. 2003 to 2007 or so. They haven't done that in 10 years and four albums
I meant that there are som splashes of it even in their modern stuff too. Like on ODDSAC with Tantrum Barb etc and lots of the drums on PW. CPHZ was a weird album though that I never could wrap my head around but Father Time had some of those influences. MPP I would probably say is the album that had least of it, if any. Maybe a little bit on Brother Sport.

LEAK IT DEAK

source

source is Sup Forums

I mean, this single has a tribalistic drumming sort of thing going on, so that still feels present. I'm not sure what you're getting at then. Do you think that "tribalism" has been watered down and that's why they're getting "less" AnCo?

This is very satisfying.

>new animal collective
>half the catalog is race-bait beyonce threads

sure is neo-Sup Forums in here

>60% of the releases on there have been since you started following the band

>Do you think that "tribalism" has been watered down and that's why they're getting "less" AnCo?
No, I just pointed out that even if they aren't doing it as heavily as they did in the past, it seems to be one thing that is always present even if the "main genre" changes from album to album. It's one of the little things that still makes AnCo sound like AnCo even if it the majority of the sound is different from the previous album. There are of course other character traits that are more noticable, like Avey's and Panda's voices of course.

More than 60% I'd say 75%-80%.

>60% of the releases on there have been since you started following the band

In my case only 3 of those releases existed when I started following them in 2003.

t. oldfag

Sung Tongs was my first AnCo record.

>tfw PW was the first album released since I've been a fan

>tfw my favorite album is Feels, followed by HCTI

I miss their older work. They tripped up on MPP and haven't been the same since.

This track was what painting with should have been, but still just alright on my first listen.

That is a good first record. The first songs I heard was Slippi which was included on a CD that came with a music magazine. And then I downloaded som songs and among them were Doggy. These two tracks both blew me away even though they were very different.

I like it. Hooky, weird-left turns, strange sounds, danceable. Seems kinda like "Mountain Game," which I absolutely loved.

They were openly supporting Hillary

Kind of wish the song ended up on pw. it could of made the album more memorable.

>let's hide the fact that we have no talent under multiple layers of electronic bullshit and throw in some tabla to please the pseuds

nice to see anco sticking to the formula

Shut the fuck up

Anyone else think their lyricism has gotten worse? I can't tell if I have nostalgia goggles, but these feel kinda forced and simplistic.

Not a meme:

>Panda Bear was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to Elektra Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Noah, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Fields, Lennox once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people".

Doggy is great. Campfire Songs is one of their most underrated albums. Moo Rah Rah Rain is my jam. My rainy day album for sure.

Actually a meme:

the original quote is about Nico

>tfw it's 2017 and this is 14 years old and still not on vinyl.

this is an example of when you think of a song name before making the actual song

meh

Wasn't it released on vinyl though? A limited run from Catsup Plate or something.

but their best song (loch raven) is basically that

Yes

Relax nazi, this generations hippy phase is ending, your kind is on the upswing of popularity for now

No, never released on vinyl. Something about it being "one long single piece of music meant to be played as a whole"

It's like PW in a more constrained format, a lot of the songs on PW were ruined because there was too much going on at the same time, kinda their same problem with CHz only that album didn't play with caveman noises and kazoos like PW did.

Sounds great and different, obviously something that would sound out of place on PW because of the vibe. Im hoping the EP is longer than just 4 three minute tracks however. An EP like Fall Be kind is still gonna be un-topped i think.

Be cool to see some of these played live, gotta feeling this one will be worked out extensively live with how the lyrics are performed.

PW was very constrained, they went into it trying not to use a lot of reverb first of all. PW might not be constrained energy-wise but sound wise it's very straightforward with its sounds and effects... for anco that is.

Oh nvm you greentexted something must be true

So its a meme...

meme magic is real though. if we want we can make the world believe that he is a nazi. we can even make himself believe he is and turn into one.