Tl;dr: Post your goals for life

tl;dr: Post your goals for life

OK, /b, listen: After all the shit that's going on in today's world, I have lost any motivation for life in general. I'm not suicidal at all (that would be somehow pointless), but I'm nevertheless lacking any high goal I want to live for.

I'm probably what people consider a "high potential", my parents are not rich, but I never had to turn a cent twice. I'm currently studying for my master's degree in computer engineering with a major scholarship and already have numerous job offers which would allow me to live without financial problems any time. I never really fucked up; everything runs smoothly, my family is great and I have an handful of good friends.

Nevertheless, life seems pointless.

I don't want to see my children raise in this world full of bullshit, so I don't want to have such at all. If I don't want children, why bother with a wife?

I don't think that money makes you happier - at least not if you have to work for it (winning a jackpot would be a different thing), because if you have to work for it you won't have time to spend it.

With my current position, I could probably go to research and bring mankind forward. But I also don't see a point there. Mankind is fucked up, I think that we basically have every technology we need since the late 20th century. Things only get worse.

Nevertheless, that lack of motivation really pisses me of. I don't learn because I don't see the point in learning the things I have to, I don't find motivation to do homework, my life goes down the tubes if I don't find any reason to fucking do stuff.

So, what do you live for /b? What is your goal in life, your motivation?

Don't have any. I'm just keeping everything status quo until I hopefully get hit by a bus or develop cancer or something. I might get tired of waiting and eventually kill myself but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Sounds like me. How do you find motivation to do the stuff you need to do to keep things running?

I don't know. I'm just on autopilot most of the day and then I take lots sedatives to sleep most of my free time away.

I play vidya too if I can find one that interests me for more than 15 minutes.

Well, I never was into gaming. Always seemed pointless to me. But so is life. Fuck.

Yeah. Like I said, it's hard to find one that interests me at all so mostly I just sleep.

I feel you. Mostly I'm home alone sitting or lying around waiting for the time to pass.

Look at it this way, Most of the time we do routine things, we are like sisyphus punished to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it come down. I can understand how life might feel pointless, I don;t know about you but this pointlessness is keeping me alive. I just don't give a fuck and keep on keeping on suggest you do the same. Because in the end it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

>Because in the end it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

That's the problem, so why do it?

Probably will, for now. Inertia is a powerful force.

Maybe we should make it as our goal to find what fulfills this void? I found out, I love having a girlfriend and that is what my life will be for, having a great time and loving the girl that makes my day a good one
struggled more than 3 years to find this for me

thats the thing man youve never really fucked up, go so some destructive chaotic things you know youd have a good experience doing.

>Maybe we should make it as our goal to find what fulfills this void?

That's a good one.
Although it means giving up everything that I have achieved so far. You can't study engineering and search for the meaning of life in parallel, as the latter implies traveling, drugging, collecting experiences.

> I love having a girlfriend and that is what my life will be for, having a great time and loving the girl that makes my day a good one
>struggled more than 3 years to find this for me

Well, tbh I'm a kissless virgin (although not bad looking and quite confident). I just never saw the point in having a girl if I dont want kids.

Nope. There's nothing and no one out there for me. Glad you've got something though. Good luck.

you got girlfriend Vietnam?

Well in the wise words of kierkegaard

Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both.

So i guess you should try if it dosn't matter

me so horny baby

>thats the thing man youve never really fucked up, go so some destructive chaotic things you know youd have a good experience doing.

Trust me, I'd really love to do that. Problem is: I don't want to lose what I have achieved so far. And how do you do crazy stuff when there's not even holiday?
I think I'm thinking to rationally for that stuff, i wish I did not…

Honestly i just want someone to cuddle me and tell them me they want me around. I'd like to think its a pretty humble goal.

My motivation in life is to have big juicy shits. It feels real good when it slowly comes out and slashes in the toilet. The water usually splashes up on me big dick.It's great.

I feel you bro you are like me, hence I am still living at home while knocking on 40s door...

Yeah, I'm also still at home. Having a separate flat though. It's just cheaper, so why not?
I'm 15 years younger though.

only times in life when I was happy was when I lost myself doing sports, perhaps you should find something you like in which you can lose yourself and forget the shit situation mankind is in...I guess people like us are too smart to work our ass off like a hamster in a wheel for a mediocre life, i.e. becoming enslaved to some capitalist puppeteers...

But why is following some pointless hobby any better?

jesus christ dude find a fucking hobby

because it alters your state of consiousness, create your own reality is what I am saying and disregard the reality of the world. Jesus said the kingdom of God is within you, hence you must seek happines within I think.

I monetized my beer hobby. If you do what you love, never gotta work a day in your life, faggot

Life goal: Not to end up another neet transgirl who cams for money whilst living out of a shitty one room apartment or sharing an apartment. With parents disowning me and inevitably end up on drugs and fucking for cash by 27 and dead by 35.

Doing well so far on this goal/

I actually like what I am doing, but why would I need money? What does it do for me? What's the point of being rich?

Should be pretty easy to do. Being trans is only hard if you make it the most important thing about yourself.

Yeah it's going fine so far. I just don't want to end up as one of those typical ones you see online. I'm friends with a few and dear god is it depressing

You're probably just waking up to the fact that the momentum that has been moving you up to this point in life has been largely coming from society and your family. You're waking up to the fact that life is pointless. Embrace this fact. If all your energy in life is goal orientated, there will always be that subtle part of you that says, "The present moment is not good enough." This pain will chase you for a lifetime if you don't resolve it. If you're not content with the present moment, there's something wrong with your view of reality. Reality isn't good or bad, beautiful or ugly... it just is. Learn how to play again. Wanting things to be other than they are is the ultimate trap that fucks people over and over until they die. Have you had a history of depression by any chance?

I'm in the same boat, OP. I had wonderful girlfriends. But since then more than 2 years have passed. I completely forgot how to approach women and acting all beta. Meanwhile I get asked how is it possible that I don't have a gf, and sincerely there is no valid candidate for it just yet. Or if there are any, I usually fuck it up and waste my chances. You would need a girlfriend as well that would become your new life.

OP here, thank you very much, I really appreciate that post.

No, there is no history of depression at all; although one might call my current state as such.

You're pretty right about the "family and society" thing, if try to look from the outside I'm more or less what my parents (maybe also society) believe to be ideal.

Your point is pretty helpful, and I'm currently trying to learn to accept things without understanding them (something which I always thought was a bad thing… it might be helpful in the end)
What makes me worry is: There certainly are people who have a dream, a goal they strike for. So the way of life you describe is not true for everyone; and I tend to think that having goals is much more sane than accepting the pointlessness of life.

Yes, you might be right.
I actually never learned to love. If I'm hones I do not really "love" anyone, not even my parents. I appreciate what the do for me and I am extremely thankful for their education, but there is no real love. For instance, I have never kissed them goodby or something like that. Not even before puberty.

I mean, I obviously feel attracted to certain girls, but only sexually. I like their bodies, their brains just piss me of. And that sexual desire is not great enough to compensate for the unpleasant parts of a relationship (at least what I imagine them to be).

I have the exact same attitude when it comes to girlfriends, having had some 5 relationshits basically all women are the same, they are an annoyance and only their physical attraction is interesting, but that s why I visit whores only, MGTOW 4 life

I'd love to go to whores from time to time. I'm currently just hesitating to lose my virginity that way. It just doesn't seem right.

>MGTOW
thanks for mentioning, was not aware of that

That makes even less sense to me. Sex without love or even a passing interest in someone always seemed especially pointless to me. Barely any difference to masturbation.

Think of it as adoring a body as a piece of art. People get satisfied by art.
You can appreciate a body and have a romantic relationship with it even though you don't like the mindset of the girl that owns it.

There are no rules written in the fabric of reality on how you 'ought' to live your life. Where are the rules? Goals are no more sane than sitting on your ass, looking at the sunset. This may be a terrifying fact, or an enlightening one depending on how you view it. Really ask yourself, "Why am I chasing this goal?". Invariably, the answer will be that you want to be content and fulfilled once you achieve your goal. Why else would you chase goals if they did not make you feel good? It is rational then to see that goal orientated behavior is ultimately driven by the need to be happy/satisfied -- this is a very primal desire. In fact, look at most things that motivate people. These motivations are driven by the need to be content, because we perceive that something is subtly wrong with 'now'. The brain is in a constant state of making true happiness just around the corner, so you end up in an eternal chase for it -- this is ultimately the greatest trick evolution has come up with to force us to propagate and build and construct and suffer and die, all in the promise of true happiness. All for the chase of happiness. Its a scam. Its just your biology fucking with you. There's nothing wrong with the present moment. You just cant see it because you are a slave to your biology. See this. Know this. There is nothing objectively wrong with the present moment.

Meh. Seems more like going out of my way to annoy myself in the long run when I could just go masturbate instead nad solve my problem in 5 minutes.

Thank you so much. this is a truly great post.

How do you think can we trick biology to strive for happiness in the long run?
E.g. studying at young ages is (maybe? is it? why?) helpful for a joyful life later on; which sometimes is in contrast to happiness "now".