Kendrick Lamar lost to Daft Punk. Beyoncé lost to Beck. Kendrick Lamar lost to Taylor Swift. Beyoncé lost to Adele...

>Kendrick Lamar lost to Daft Punk. Beyoncé lost to Beck. Kendrick Lamar lost to Taylor Swift. Beyoncé lost to Adele. The Grammys are a scripted event: a black artist releases an ambitious album that defines its year and embodies the deliberate craft the Grammys supposedly reward; votes are cast largely by suits whose sole form of sustenance is industry politics as a drip-feed into their ears; someone else wins.

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5vzZcbH39E
frankocean.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Caring about what The Grammys think

i mean, they're right but that's been obvious forever.

>implying Beyonce is even in the same artistic argument as Kendrick Lamar
i know this is a race-baiting thread but isn't this kind of sucking up to the pop establishment embarrassing

>random site whines that "votes are cast largely by suits whose sole form of sustenance is industry politics as a drip-feed into their ears; someone else wins."
> said suits collaborate to release a new Beyonce album
> "YAAAAAASSSS QUEEN #SLAY THIS IS EVERYTHING"

>meanwhile beyonce holds more grammy's than another other current artist

Both beyonce and adele made mediocre albums.
Danny brown, swans, and death grips should have been nominated. They actually had good albums last year. Adele and beyonce are the worst examples of women making good albums. Women like Julia holter, weyes blood, joanna newsom, noname gypsy actually make good music - not hacks like adele and beyonce. All beyonce and adele have is good voices.

>industry politics
but that's progressivism

>implying Kendrick isn't firmly part of the pop establishment

you're an idiot

I mean its true. The association is largely filled with professional suit-types.

If you get triggered by this, you don't know much about the music business.

lemonade isn't an ambitious, defining work

it could be argued that kendrick should have won those previous editions, tho

it's all (intentional) race war fuel. I mean, we all know the entirety of pop culture is scripted. they had the black woman make the better album, and lose, just to make black people angry and white people angry at the angry black people. and it works every time

yeah this. besides the obvious (that pretty much all rap is pop in 2017) Kendrick himself is most certainly part of the pop reality.

yes, but you force progressivism by getting people worked up over manufactured injustices

>Danny brown, swans and death grips

>white people will eat this shit up
the question is, why?

*yasss queens internally*

Fuck Kendrick, where's Frank Ocean's Grammy, cunts? Blonde for ATOY.

AOTY*

Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of Grammy Award nominees for best album have been black?

A: 21%

Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of black Grammy Award nominees for best album have won?

A: 18%

Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of Grammy Award winners for best album have been black?

A: 18.6%

Q: What have been some of the Grammy's most controversial decisions regarding the award for best album?

(2017) Adele beats Beyonce
(2016) Taylor Swift beats Kendrick Lamar
(2015) Beck beats Beyonce
(2013) Mumford and Sons beats Frank Ocean
(2010) Taylor Swift beats Beyonce
(2009) Robert Plant beats Radiohead
(2006) U2 beats Kanye West
(2005) Ray Charles beats Kanye West with a cover album
(2001) Steely Dan beats Radiohead
(1998) Bob Dylan beats Radiohead
(1985) Lionel Richie beats Prince
(1983) Toto beats Paul McCartney, Donald Fagen, and Billy Joel
(1981) Christopher Cross beats The Wall by Pink Floyd

((()))

1959*, sorry

didn't affect the math (I was using tallies)

yup, this shit has Soros' fingerprints all over it.

>Outkast beat Justin Timberlake
>Lauryn Hill beat Madonna
>Ray Charles beat Green Day
>Herbie Hancock beat Amy Whinehouse

Why are Oscar so racist for not giving Beyonce all the awards?

Who gives a shit? The Grammy's serve as nothing more than a reflection of Jewish business interests in the music industry.

>(1983) Toto beats Paul McCartney, Donald Fagen, and Billy Joel
This still fucking pisses me off.
Why Toto?? Why???

why cant nu males ever stop thinking about race?

>Herbie Hancock beat Amy Winehouse
Good.

beyonce is a pop star by committee and her fans are braindead

this article is the """""music journalism"""" equivalent of a directioner sending somebody a death threat on twitter

HERBIE NIGGA

They mean that they are trying to further resentment because that is their goal Like the industry itself it is just trying to stay in the mind of the populace. "Better luck next time!" Is a gimmick to keep you wanting to prove yourself to the abuser.

Music and film doesn't have a place being judged in such a centralized way. It is (supposed to be) ART... Grammys and Oscars are just marketing for their own INDUSTRY. This, kinda.

They never seem to give out awards for Bollywood produictions huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=l5vzZcbH39E

this

The only issue true patricians had with the Grammys

>why can't all these other white people be Cucks like me and like music that's racially motivated and celebrates the culture of people that don't look like me

Fuck off to reddit low-test.

nigger

>The Grammys are a scripted event

Uh yeah, that's all anyone really needs to know year after year. Was there ever any confusion at all about this? Award shows are explicitly just popularity contests.

>(1981) Christopher Cross beats The Wall by Pink Floyd

Fucking KEK

you should probably add to this list the fact that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy wasn't even nominated while it was the most critically acclaimed album of the year
>

>Award shows are explicitly just popularity contests.
More than just that. They're there to create the illusion of popularity and importance.

Adele should check her priviliege

>a black artist and her team of 50 writers and producers releases an album that is tailored to social justice sensibilities as a marketing trend and embodies the deliberate craft that supposed to win you awards

ftfy

>macklemored
did she appear in a parodical costume of a jew?

will this tank adele's career like it did to macklemore? or is adele more "deserving" of the award.

Macklemore lived and breathed white guilt before it became a trend.

The same people are behind both 'Adelle' and 'Beyonce'

It's FAKE

>Beck beats Beyonce
Still don't think this was controversial at all.

I was pretty surprised that Adele won. I was expecting Beyonce to sweep because MUH STRONG BLACK WOMAN. Doesn't matter anyway, the Grammy's doesn't properly represent modern music culture which I why Kanye refuses to attend anymore.

Pretty much this but in a less Sup Forums way

The rains in africa, coinkidoink? I don't think so.

The illusion of importance, yes. You can't even get a mention without being extremely popular though, at least in terms of societal awareness.

Would that be really insulting to give your award away to someone else?

>Dark Side of the Moon was the highest selling album ever at the time
>award goes to The Concert for Bangladesh (Literally what?)

I despise Beyonce and her whole GURL power and BLM shite

But the best albums of the last 4 years were all by white artists and only art school kids think otherwise

What % of those black AOTY winners are Stevie Wonder?
Africa is a fucking banger son

Are you referring to the Grammy winners or different 'best albums' of each year?

If the former: Bullshit. You damn well know that Taylor Swift album wasn't that great.
If the latter: What 4 albums?

>A whole mediocre song was on it!
>That means it's better than Paul McCartney and The Nylon Curtain

Almost album the Grammies nominate for AOTY is terrible anyway, including both of Kendricks; funnily enough the only albums I sorta like from the last few AOTY pools are Beck's, Beyonce's s/t (which blows Lemonade out of the water), Sturgill Simpson's, and maybe RAM on a good day. As for my actual AOTY's:
2016 = Blackstar
2015 = Have You In My Wilderness
2014 = To Be Kind (inb4 Fantano memes)
2013 = Immunity

Who the fuck cares about the Grammys? Even plebs know it's just the music industry trying to suck its own dick. I highly doubt it was ever about music.

Healthy young boy go to college, gets pumped with massive amounts of THC, loses ability to think critical and has no motivation - POT ADDICTION. Many such cases!

>Implying the grammys hate black people
Beyonce has 20 of them despite being terrible

>that defines it's year

lmao yea right

Why should political content matter more than aesthetic content?
I find it hard to imagine that anyone listened to Lemonade beyond Formation and 1-2 other songs. It's bland. It's not an album you can fall in love with. Purpose is a better album.

>Kendrick and Beyonce are important and ambitious artists
TOP FUKKEN LMAO KID

>Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of Grammy Award nominees for best album have been black?
>A: 21%
>Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of black Grammy Award nominees for best album have won?
>A: 18%
>Q: Since the award was first offered in 1958, what percent of Grammy Award winners for best album have been black?
>A: 18.6%
>Q: What have been some of the Grammy's most controversial decisions regarding the award for best album?

Is this suppose to be controversial?
Blacks are only 13% of the population. They're over-represented.

>I was pretty surprised that Adele won. I was expecting Beyonce to sweep because MUH STRONG BLACK WOMAN.
Same. But then I researched the commercial success of each album and it makes sense. Adele crushed everyone.

i only care what herbie thinks

Beck put out an album in the past 15 years? An album that garnered awards?

Seriously had no idea.

what? not in the music industry

Now THIS is smart.

What?

to be fair it'd be funny as fuck to see MC Ride go on stage and take a grammy.

because hes smart and dont fuck with the Grammys. Check out his last post on his tumblr.

frankocean.tumblr.com/

I get why Swans and DG are too alternative for the Grammys but Danny never came off as *that* odd to me.

Blacks have been overrepresented in this shit for years, it's whitey's turn now.

This.

In the Grammys, from those statistics, they're over-represented.

It's whitey's turn again.

What is the hype about Beyonce?

Isn't she just generic female#5858595 doing pop?

>We have a right to exist
Literally no one is debating that, cumskin

EFF PEE BEE PEE

they meant racism

>(2013) Mumford and Sons beats Frank Ocean

This should have won.

It was morning phase, which still doesn't have a song as popular as loser