Can we get an atheism thread? The huge increase in conservative Christcucks on this website is appalling

Can we get an atheism thread? The huge increase in conservative Christcucks on this website is appalling.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Plantinga's_free_will_defense
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
ctmu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for triggered cuckservatives

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Plantinga's_free_will_defense

>Kill yourself.

I mean, I think I am at the atheist end of agnosticism. But I do think that it's stupid hypocritical to go on atheist crusades about how religion has no say on what is true, and that atheism is truth.

It's arrogant and ridiculous. Much better to admit that we just don't know and acknowledge that people can have different metaphors and beliefs that support their lives.

Diversity, tolerance and acceptance. Those are the beliefs to propagate I say.

ie, Fuck Sam Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens and Bill Maher.

atheism is my favourite religion

Just to drive the point home, what if our entire universe is just a simulation. Some would say this is quite probable:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

What do we call the entities that created this universe if not Gods.

What if consciousness is some inherent property of reality? Does the sum of this consciousness, the great ocean that we have come from and will go back to, doesn't this have some kind of God like quality?

The spiritual aspects of our experience, ie our perception of beauty - We can disregard it if we do, but seems that would be to disregard a lot of art, poetry, creativeness, collected wisdom. Is there value in attempting to snuff out the idea of spirituality? Can't we just accept that there are many ways to interpret the world. Emphasise the importance of a critical mind in concert with an open and tolerant mind?

It's funny cause all evil originates from people lol

you memer tryhards gtfo. you arent even atheist, youre literally self admitted dumbasses with no ability to reason.

go play your ego games elsewhere, this is a big boy thread.

How do we account for transcendental drug experience on mescaline, shrooms, salvia, DMT, how do we account for states achieved through meditation without some spiritual descriptions. We are throwing the baby out with the bathwater if strive for a world of pure atheism. It's not the right hting.

ITT: Neck beards and self proclaimed philosophers

Okay big boy, masturbate your pure atheism load on to my face please.

Tripping in drugs have nothing to do with spiritualism at all. You're brain is frying and overloading on serotonin from the psychedelics causing your brain to think new and intense thoughts.

>Big boy thread
Kek

eh the material here isnt good enough to fap to. theres a bunch of cunts wanking themselves off about how they are super smart for being ignorant.

>i dont know anything
>that makes me smart
what do words mean?

evidence and to a lesser extent reason should decide what is true. If your argument fails then it should be tossed or reworked.
check god may exist outside our universe but so may the brass teapot orbit the sun.
you're welcome to believe in your god. But until you can prove that it exists and wants something from us, theology should not affect governance.
Atheism does not have the imperative to recruit, because we do not get tax free donations to our cause. So it is upon the individual to combat the theological oppression of the reds.

The experience is not the same as the description. It's a different thing. Just like the colour blue isn't just the electromagnetic wavelength of 490–450 nm.

>is he able but not willing?
>then he is malevolent

That's where it goes off the rails. Simply choosing to not prevent all evil at all times does not equal malevolence. An important part of parenting, for example, is allowing a child to learn through negative experiences, even if it might cause pain in the short term. Yes, we're talking about the standard God as a father here due to the fact that he is asserting God should do something and therefore take a fatherly, custodian type role.

It can easily be argued that more good can come from letting people experience evil and choosing to avoid it in the future. Furthermore, there is no good if there is no evil. When evil is stamped out in all its forms by God then we don't have any good. We just have life as it is.

all you did is trade one fairytale for another. simulation theory is a religion, just wasnt posited by a priest.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
I am atheist, but this is the oldest non sequitur and you should be ashamed to use this. You are a moron

Sure, even if there are dudes who made the universe, obviously silly to think of them as gods, as in they have to be in a place as well, who created tehm etc.

I dunno, the personal god idea does seem ridiculous. But even the idea of active nihilism seems spiritual in it's own way huh? Like, it's up to me to create my own meaning and shape the world as I want it. Fuck it, I dunno, just arrogant cunts of any belief system religious or atheist make me mad.

That's a naive argument.
Able but not willing and willing but not able are still possible with our idea of a god.

This is what a strawman looks like

>Atheist™ thread

>Epicurus

>Hypatia

kinda off topic, but how did it all start? not the universe, but existence itself? any theories?

ctmu.org/

Honestly I'd rather take the blue pill lmao

Too flesh and blood to be a man of straw.

Funny thing about 40k. If you're well versed in the lore then you know that the Emperor shut down the last christian church himself.

Praise the Emperor.

emperor's apotheosis in the eyes of an Atheist(R)

That's a sign of mental weakness in you user.
If you had strong arguments for your belief or lack thereof you wouldn't mind having them challenged.

>i try to sound smart
>Tfw you dont know what smart sounds like

Healthy debate makes a strong mind, an echo chamber like OP seeks is what breeds faggotry.

you mean god is a challenge? the challenge is to defeat the universe not to cry about why we here

atheists(R) are smart by default

well, every journey starts with a first step

If he was trying to censor anything, then what you just said would have made sense.

But he simply said that the increase in theists on this side is appalling, because from his POV its unreasonable.

If he would have added
>and no arguments or discussions are allowed in this thread

Your response would be justified

For instance, im sure nobody would have any problem with debating a flat earther, but a sudden increase in flat earthers would still be worrying.

where's the peer-reviewed empirical evidence for that claim?

im dragging my balls in the sand

Butthurt athiest babby's incoming.

I'm sorry that the girl you always wanted wouldn't give you a chance and instead went for the cool guy in high school. Of course, instead of realizing that you're an ugly, useless sack of shit, you had to attempt to appear "intellectually superior" and claim all the edgy theories as your own.

Face it, you struggle with your personality and attempt to find solace in being different. In being better. You try to say that others just "don't understand you". Yes, that girl was a good christian/muslim/jewish girl. She rejected you, so you found a reason for her to.

Pathetic. Grow up dumbfag. You're just repulsive for who you are, not if you believe in God or not.

tl;dr this board is for 18+ nonedgy fags anyway.

>I created a definition of God in my head in which God must always help people and if he does not always help people then he does not exist
Fucking flawless reasoning.

>women or believer

fuck the girl of your past, she gonna get fat at 30 throw around 2-3 kids and stay that just as her parents did before her. she gonna hate herself, her husbans hates her, and the kids end up as muslems

idk, tell me one. last 2000 years, adolf doesnt count nor ceasar

Let them believe bs, who cares. It's a good thing that idiots don't die out.

All while not even being a skeptical,rational,modern,scientific atheist(R).

But the thing is: what the fuck is the point of experiencing evil to avoid it if we'll die anyway and go to heaven? Sure,those who cause evil will go to hell,but what is the point of it if all we'll do for the rest of eternity is just sit in a quiet,peaceful place or experience agony forever
We get born,we do whatever we do, make whatever choices we want to make and then we die. We'll get judged after that and go to heaven or hell for... reasons. GOD created us with a plan in mind and has planned for a lot of us to either do or experience a lot of bad shit,and those who do the bad shit basically drew the short straw and have to burn in hell for all eternity because God planned it.
Like...what the fuck,man
He is malevolent if he PLANNED people to experience all the bad shit they've experienced,or do all the bad shit they've done.

I suppose this would apply to any theist here too, since you dont believe in Zeus (Or Athena, or whichever god you wish from their pantheon) either.

Wouldn't you have to believe in all of them if you believe in one?
You believe in Poseidon,for example,which is the brother of Zeus. So you'd have to believe in Zeus as well,since Poseidon's story says that he is related to Zeus.

ie. Richard Dawkins' proselytization strategy with the dilution of the word "atheist" to adjectivally use it to attribute it to any and everyone (so much for the 'exotic' 'intellect' of 'atheists' thereon)

So innocent children get cancer and die because god wanted to give us free will ? That defense only accounts for "man-caused evil".

>Kill yourself

I see your point, but I think you're confusing spirituality with religion. They're not necessarily the same thing imo.
Also, nice trips.

You have exactly 8 hours and 54 minutes to prove you're not a newfag.

What is it then ? The color blue. If it's not just that, then what else is it ?

>muh '''''''''''''''''''''''''''spiritualism''''''''''''''''''''''

ffs people are retarded

roll

DUDE NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES AND DMT LMAO
>I'll take retarded arguments that have been thoroughly dismantled decades ago for $500, Alex.

If I get shot in the head, I won't play another league game.

What the unholy blasphemy did you just say about me, you little non-believer? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the College of Cardinals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret masses on weekdays, and I have over 300 confirmed blessings. I am trained in baptism and I’m the top communion giver in the entire Roman Catholicism religion. You are nothing to me but just another athiest. I will wipe you the fudge out with prayers the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my holy words. You think you can get away with saying that stuff to me over the Internet? Think again, athiest. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the vatican and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for mass, heretic. The mass that converts the pathetic little thing you call atheism. You’re fudging blessrd, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can pray for you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my latin. Not only am I extensively trained in confessionals, but I have access to the entire content of the Book of Psalms and I will use it to its full extent to convert your miserable atheism to the light of the lord, you little non-believer. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your heretical tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price. I will bless all over you and you will be reborn in it. You’re sins are forgiven, kiddo.

Sacerdotalism not needed for henosis (inasmuch as the former be a convenient image of "the enemy" for "skeptics" to fling mud from their tepid pool of thought at)

>that awkward feeling when you're smart enough to recognize that all religions are man made horseshit, but not smart enough to know that '''''''''''''''''''''''''''spirits''''''''''''''''''''' don't exist

> Sorry Timmy, God wanted you to have cancer, so you can learn through this negative experience.

If he is omnipotent he can just make you be born with all that knowledge. Parents aren't omnipotent, so I don't see how that's a fair comparison. If I was omnipotent (and omniscient )I would just give my child all the knowledge, not make him suffer to obtain it.

How can that be argued ? Would you also argue that we should all have a 1 time murder pass, so we could have the experience and really learn to choose not to do it in the future ?

The last thing about evil just sounds retarded

I thought the red pill was going to make me never get married.

"Our" ? Whose god are you talking about that is willing to do something but not able ? I don't think I've ever heard someone say that about their god

>s'

A certain "feeling" certainly has possessed you.

Bitch, we could quote the fucking pope if he said something we agreed with, stop being such a retard.

Not him, but I'll take the bait.

"Hey, don't touch the hot stove, it's hot"
*kid finally touches the stove*

"Ouch, that was hot! I should probably not touch that."

What you're saying is to take away free will and never let the child do anything that you deem unworthy.

So a correct analogy would be more like "Hey, here are guidelines you need to have a good, prosperous life. One filled with meaning. You may not always have material wealth, but if you follow these guidelines, you will find inner peace and happiness. Not only that, but civilization as a whole will be happier and content, not just successful."

That would be like parents saying "Hey, the stove is hot"

"Burning in hell" is the consequence to acting amuck. The same way touching the hot stove will burn you. It's just the consequence of it. No one is forcing you to hold your hand over the stove.

If you're insinuating that you would rather have your parents hold your hand away from the stove, or God controlling every action to stop you from committing sin or wrongdoing, then you're against freedom.

Not even a Christfag, I just wanted you to think about what you wrote.

the fact that you cant see the enormous chess game being played proves that you are all pawns, have fun being used

atheist dog bolshevik ravanchist aopologist
for the bomb throwers
god will send you a million volts & 500 amps through your wifi line in mamas basement

lemme get that red

You don't get it. He wouldn't need to touch the stove and you wouldn't need to hold his hand away from it if you were omnipotent and you could literally in a fucking second make it so he knew exactly how it felt to touch it without ever doing it, or even make it so his skin was hard enough he couldnt even fucking feel it. If he could make you be born with the knowledge of the experience, without suffering the experience, why shouldn't he ?

If you were a parent, and had the power of a god, to do anything, and could give your child that knowledge (not tell him, but have the neurons in his brain fucking map that shit out so he KNEW it) would you preffer that he suffer being burnt to learn it ?

>we

The universal "we" that the Atheist™ sure loves to collectivize themselves with (like the 'oneness' of a flea on the body of a dog), especially when it can make Atheism(R) more appealing because all of the smart guys are "us".

So again, you just want everyone to "know" that being "good" is better and not suffer consequences of being "bad". Think about it, is that free will? What's the point of living without learning. It's learning from past mistakes and getting closer to one's God.

Tl;dr What is good without evil?

atheists can't define atheism

but 'we' are 'hardwired' to be bad

bad to the bone

We as in the people who are in this thread posting. Jesus Christ dude, you really want to trigger someone that bad or are you serious right now ?

>inb4 Hurr durr you said jesus christ, see ? you're not an atheist

Rolly polly olly fucked his granoli in the anolio

Atheists can suck my dick, I did no come from a monkey and there's no 'missing link'. for evolution to make sense we need atleast a dozen 'missing links' just to explain how we can modulate and speak

*appealing