Just got prescribed adderall for ADHD. what should I expect? Pros, cons, stories?

Just got prescribed adderall for ADHD. what should I expect? Pros, cons, stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/generation-adderall-addiction.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a few months of crazy highs and increased productivity, followed by dizzying lows and a crazy amphetamine addiction.

nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/generation-adderall-addiction.html

its meth without smoking meth. have fun for a few months then the darkness will eat you.

the maximum perscribable dose is either 60 or 70mg

Not sure how old you are but I took it from 8-16 years old if you go that long get ready to be a hardened emotionless human being

Oh yeah and now you only need about 3 hours of sleep a day

Seconded this article. It's a good representation of long-term dependency.

I'm now 22 and have been prescribed it since I was 9. Instead of white knuckling it and going cold turkey, though, I'm slowly decreasing my dosage over time.

Don't listen to the idiots comparing it to meth; they're probably the fucks who snorted it in college. I'd compare it more to an enhanced form of coffee, as it more directly affects energy levels and motivation.

When you're in college, it's a solid supplemental income.

I took too much at once when I was 19 and had a heart attack. don't fuck with your heart health

Currently on 2 xr20's right now usually only take 1 xr20 to keep tolerance low and only do every so often keep a low acidic stomach so more is absorbed and just dont take to much theyre fun but not when you let them take control of you

>absolute retard that doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm on adderall right now, been prescribed 20 mg tabs for about 4 months. Be ready for a significant loss in weight -- for me it was 13 pounds in 2 months. You'll balance it eventually. Also, you're gonna have friends that ask you for it, but seriously, be careful about it. I do it for them only if they have a hard fucking test coming up and they just need the boost. I have discovered a good regimen for doses though. If you take the pill every other day, you have a pretty good balance of concentration and social activity. And you eat more on the off days to keep your weight at an even level and so the doctors don't freak out. If you're still in class, expect a grade increase for a short while, however, if you start to do other things like smoke weed, you can lose motivation and actually find yourself in a procrastination slump. In all, just be smart, stay motivated, and eat as much as you can.

Fun for awhile. Loses its effectiveness after a bit. Be smart when using it. I got crazy depressed after awhile. Might be different for you cause you actually have adhd.

>Hyperactivity from ADHD
>I know, let's prescribe a fucking stimulant!

Your doctor isn't a doctor

Ive tried going nattymy entire life... Im 27 now and I need adderall to get shit done

how do I get it prescribed?

Fucking awful experience.
Missed out on what could've been a fantastic 18months of living, fucked up with so many women while high, and then the darkness took me. I didn't speak to anyone for months.

Might sue my doctor.

Please be b8.

First off don't, but if you do, Just go to any Fucking doctor and tell them you've got focus issues, ask them their thoughts on medication. Inevitably, they'll prescribe it.yucca

He was most likely prescribed it due to trouble with concentration not hyperactivity retard.

You obviously don't know what ADHD is and how adderall works.
>not even a medfag
A person's brain with ADHD actually receives significantly smaller doses of dopamine than the average brain. This results in the hyper-activity part, which is caused by the desire to get the normal dose of dopamine in the system. What adderall does is releases dopamine in the brain and actually keeps it out there to prolong its effects. This allows the person to lose the hyper-activity, focus in class, and not be a distraction or nuisance to others.

Learn your shit...

So it's good for somebody who is constantly distracted by things? I also have very little energy and motivation. It seems to come in spurts. Like two days a week I feel like doing stuff. The rest of the time I just want to sit around and not bother with anything or anyone.

Why shouldn't I?

And I don't think they'll give it out as easily in the UK

Good luck getting sexually aroused.

I NEED MORE MOTIVATION

nice ass

its perfect for getting your ass out of bed in the mornings, same with ritalin. a great way to use it if you have a tough time getting started early is to set your alarm an hour earlier than you wanna get up, take your adderall or ritalin then and go back to sleep. the meds will wake you up by 1 hour later and you will be energized and ready to go. only problem is that it will kill your appetite entirely for hours and when it wears off you get the munchies

yeah thats an issue too. dont take it less than 6 hours before you expect to score

This. So much this. Expect depression when you stop taking it.