Movies, McDonald's, and 1990's promotion

Does anyone else remember this? I remember getting Addam's Family Values as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=lKVzCrQlYbA

nytimes.com/1993/05/31/business/the-media-business-mcdonald-s-joins-the-ranks-of-the-videocassette-giants.html

>Few are the mysteries at McDonald's, but here is something many people may not know about the country's largest fast-food chain: during the 1992 holiday season, McDonald's was the country's third-largest seller of videocassettes, based on the number of units sold.

I also recall them putting out quality glass mugs of Batman Forever characters for a buck.

youtube.com/watch?v=SDu1-6ttj_I

Other urls found in this thread:

happymeal.com/#Toys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh man, this brings back memories. I remember getting Charlotte's Web on VHS from this deal as a kid. I also remember they had Star Trek movies as part of the deal because they showed an ad for them prior to the movie playing. I had completely forgotten about this.

>I also recall them putting out quality glass mugs of Batman Forever characters for a buck.
Fug, I remember that. I also remember the only ones I got were the Riddler and Joker ones. My cousin managed to nab a Batman. Or rather our moms did.

I still have those mugs, the riddler and robin one
Feels good man

I remember I got Charlotte's Web and my mom got Ghost.

remember the Flinstones glasses cause that kinda made sense being chisled out of "rock"

ill be going on ebay to find a batman one tho

the earliest promotion I remember is those neon glasses and everyone wearing them non ironically

I had the Robin glass, it's probably still at my mom's house after all these years.

moon man

>Joker
*meant Two Face

>you will never browse the horror section of your local video store again

Do people still collect MacDonalds shit?
Do they still release good toys?

I remember there used to be a dude at the flea market years ago with a whole corner full of McDonalds toy boxes, if you were missing one from the collection he was thee man to go to

Fuck off grandpa

>my mom broke my Mr. Freeze Batman & Robin mug

never forgiven the cunt

I'm sure people do, but from what I've seen from the toys my nieces and nephews get they're absolute shit quality. The same goes for Cracker Jack toys. When I was a kid they had some decent little prizes in the boxes. Now they're garbage.

i know i'm being a nostalgiafag, but going to the video rental store on a friday as a child was so comfy

I still have my McDonald's Addams Family Values.
Lost my one McD's Batman mugs, but I still have my BK Strider goblet, light and all.

Now they're fucking stickers every goddamned time.

Why can't I ever find good shit at goodwill anymore?

It gets worse, cracker jacks announced recently that they're phasing out prizes altogether.

That's nothing.
This fucker right here is a Whataburger nickel mug. Turns out when these were being dished out a few decades ago you could go to any Whataburger and ask them to fill this mug for one nickel.
It was a lifetime guarantee, and they still have to do it. I actually tried it once; the kid didn't believe me, took it to management, and then ended up charging me 5 cents for the coffee.
My goodwill had two of these fuckers for a quarter each.

You know what I'd prefer the quarter millimeter of empty space this provides over bullshit like this.

Why do Americans call always call a burger a sandwich?

I had one friend who called a burger I was ordering a sandwich.
Six years later and he now identifies as female (his ugly as shit girlfriend also identifies as male) and we don't talk anymore.

This explains a lot really.

I think it means the deal is applicable whether you buy a hamburger, chicken burger, McRib, whatever.

I drink my overly expensive IPAs and Bottle Conditioned Ales in a Batman mug I got from McDonald's because it triggers the internet whenever they do 'post your drink' threads.

>Batman Glassware
>the mcdonalds food transformers (transformed into dinos)
>BK Kids Club meal placemats featuring "wheels" the cool kid in the wheelchair
>Mickey D's beanie babies

I can't remember if it was McDonalds or Burger King, but I remember getting The Land Before Time at one of them.

I don't think I know a person who didn't jump on those Batman glasses.

i think i still have that damn Batman Forever glass mug right now.
wow.

only merch from mickey D's i remember having were the snoopy toys, i remember there was a tractor with a wood hitch, only toy my poorfag parents ever bought with a happy meal :)

I have 3 or 4 Shrek glasses from McDonalds. They are really thick and well made

I remember waiting for whole eternities for good happy meal toys. Trouble is by the time I'd persuaded my parents to visit one for lunch the promotion had always just ended or they'd run out.

I'd have given my pre-pubescent left nut for something like this.

I still recall the smell of stagnant city air in a burger king parking lot as I coddled my 64k GOLD pokemon..tablet things.

But when I was a kid the "big" thing were those fucknig yoyos everyone was obsessed about, I forget what they did they probably lit up or something.

these are the current toys right now:

-Something called skylanders which looks like planes or kind of like transformers

-Powderpuff girls toys which aren't as moveable but one doubles as a posh ring

happymeal.com/#Toys

>Americans call a burger a sandwich

yeah rightio guys

who the blondie tho???

>yeah rightio guys

it is because it applies to Filet "O" Fish and McChickens as well you fucking mongo

God damn it you just reminded me that until like 3 years ago I had that fucking mug.

I've always thought it interesting that Americans sometimes refer to them as 'sandwiches', which is technically correct, but to almost everywhere else they're just 'burgers'.

It's not really a technicality. Hamburger is the style of steak you put in that sandwich.

>Americans don't refer to Filet "O" Fish and McChickens as fish burgers and chicken burgers

keep doing you guys

True, but many countries simply call the whole sandwich a 'Burger' as well.

The Batman mugs were fucking great.

Did anyone else watch these as a kid?

woops

How bout these? I remember when my friend got one of these but we only played it for a day.

jesus, I need o sleep.

They always only had Sneak King at my local BK, and it's the one I still have. Pocket Bike Racer just looked awesome.