Now that the salt has simmered, what do you truly think of this album?

Now that the salt has simmered, what do you truly think of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZR6dfjp6bE
clyp.it/eqwr1fhy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mixed bag.

It's his best album.

Probably the worst album since Pet Sounds.

pretty shit tbqh

Honestly great, third after Fantasy and Registration

Interesting in the way he switched to a completly darker sound. In fact, the track "New Slaves" has autotune which I enjoy. Not my favourite album though, especially the lyrics which can be cringy or too straightforward.

HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!

I WANNA FUCK YOU HARD IN THE SINK!

the last minute and 15 seconds of new slaves is my favorite part of the album. as for the lyrics, i just try to enjoy them for what they are, as in mostly jokes and other dumb shit

Kanye West has never made a good song let alone a good album.

Bound 2 is a bad enough song that it makes the whole album garbage.

Yeah, but I Am A God is supposed to be the ultimate egotrip. It has a dark powerful production and suddenly he says the ultimate cringy french word and considers himself as Jesus' casual homie.

Like it sonically and mixed lyrically
On one hand I like how unapologetically stupid and careless the lyrics are but theres not much substance to it

The lyricism is underrated. Very reminiscent of 80s and 90s hiphop, simple but really impactful and memorable.

It's ok. Its not his best album but it is not "pure trash" as a lot would say

One of the greatest of the decade so far

It's God level.

bound 2 itself is great, but the video is literally one of the best music videos ever conceived.

My favorite of his
absolutely amazing sonically
on sight is his best opener
and blood on the leafs his best song in general

I just don't get the love for bound 2

terrible lyrics, shit production, amazing collection of samples

youtube.com/watch?v=UZR6dfjp6bE

God I wish the samples were used better on the album.

>Awesome sample
>played for 20 seconds and it's gone.

It's not meant to be the ultimate ego trip, he is masking his emotions. He screams on the track, and he demands things he never gets. He seems like he is a God, or wants to appear to be but him feeling broken comes through multipe times.

Look at the trajectory of the album. The last track should be out of place, but it is foreshadowed at the start and again later on. Both production wise and lyrically. The whole album has this charter arc. Which starts with someone who is broken and has all this anger and frustration. Who masks it by trying appear invincible. Then he reaches breaking point, and turns to temporary fixes, and meaningless outlets. Then he realises this and then ultimately finds love. At the end he is skeptical but hopeful of the future. It goes from a negative headspace to a positive one over the course of the album.

That's the only good song Kanye's made though.
Oh and clyp.it/eqwr1fhy but this isn't count I guess

amazing album. rawest and truest sound hes made. makes almost everything else hes made sound like a shallow mess.