How's your band doing Sup Forums?

How's your band doing Sup Forums?

i dont have band thanks

Not too bad. Got a March 18th recording date booked as well as a 2" reel of magnetic tape coming in the mail. Hopefully that comes this week and we will be able to cut two analog tracks as soon as next week.

the bassist (who's also the leader only because we practice at his house) is sick of being a beta cuck and switched to guitar, which he's even shittier at and is now planning on playing the cello. our actually talented guitarist went to practice once ever since i came into the band half a year ago. our vocalist listens to nothing but pretentious emo shit, our second vocalist just came into the band a week ago, he also plays trumpet.

our style went from generic grunge to generic metal to doing cover of beatles and oasis songs.

i fucking hate this place.

Me neither, thanks.

i don't know how to play any instruments and i have no friends

just be a dj xD

I have more important things to do such as masturbating in my room at 2 in the morning and contemplating why I don't have any friends.

>overhear band members saying "that bassist is shit"
>don't know whether they're talking about me even though I came up with most of the music and they love my basslines
>decide to quit immediately
was it autism Sup Forums?

I was in one of the biggest bands in the world in the 90s and If I told you which one you would never believe me but its shit not not being in a band and being old and that
The youth need get the act together and play some proper rock music instead of all this techno nonsense you hear now

Smashmouth?

6million plays

Hi Krist

>having acoustic guitars in a band

Pretty good we just started. We have a gig next week, not too much time so were just doing some covers. I play drums, we have a really good guitarist and backup guitarist/singer, still trying to find a good enough bassist. We are practicing a lot of Hendrix and Zeppelin

Kurt Cobain?

we all moved to different cities, don't remind me. BUT my bassist is coming to visit next weekend so we're going to record some stuff.

>he doesn't play grindcore country wave on his acoustic

kys dave, your music is shit and you know it. Stop being a pretentious elitist, and if you can't, at least TRY to back it up with some interesting music.

Which one?

Go to bed, Pat.

i thought you died!?

I was one of the biggest composers in the world in the mid 1700's and If I told you which one you would never believe me but its shit not not being a performer and being old and that
The youth need get the act together and play some proper symphonies instead of all this electric guitar nonsense you hear now

Dave?

Fuck off, Taylor.

That's how the great bands start.

Beck?

Nothing yet, we haven't choosen a genre and we haven't talked about it either, it's just an idea in the air. The other guy wants to play something similar to SOAD, and I really don't care what we play as long as I can sneak some noise, I have my separate ideas for my own projects.

That you, Butch Vig?

I'm a shitty guitar player so I can't find anyone to play with.

Steve Albini? What are you doing on here?

The greatest rock and roll band on earth

>dave grohl shitposts on Sup Forums
holy fuck I knew it

Fuck off, Courtney

we got thrown out of a charity gala cause our guitarist got drunk and started shouting at people

>tfw Dave Grohl funposting at me
It's like a real Nirvana concert

Touring Europe in April. Playing Roadburn and Inferno fest. Feelsgood

>you're actually Krist Novoselic and you spend your time occasionally on Sup Forums or Sup Forums to funpost

Our practice space is cramped as fuck also.

how big are you
inferno means you're a metal act

Most of our members have played Europe before and one of them have played Inferno and Roadburn in the past. We are from the States

Finishing mixing down our recordings to start dubbing tapes.

I fill the void of not having any friends by purchasing all kinds of music gear and doing the whole "band" thing all by myself, stitching all the different takes together in a daw for me to masturbate over later

so, pretty good.
I get go be my own boss

Same but I never finish anything so its almost like I'm doing nothing

Awful since I hate everything I write

same

deafheaven?
xasthur?

Which one?

Trying to write new music for an EP and another full album. Athought it's hard because we're a duo and he goes to school on the other side of the country.

Currently me and the guitarist are mixing our upcoming album, sounds fucking great so far

krist email me [email protected]

youll love me

High school? This sounds like all my high school bands mixed together.

Me and my brother have been "working on the album" for like 2 years now. He has a few songs written and they're pretty good, but kind of minimal. He writes with just an acoustic and his voice and I don't feel a full band would add much to his songs. I tend to go through phases of not writing at all for a while then writing a shitload for a few weeks but never fully completing any of my songs, particularly because I'm bad at vocal melodies and lyrics. Then whenever I see my bro, he gets pissed off and throws drumsticks at me for not having anything written.

It's going well.

They just visited me at collage and left the this morning in their bus to go play around the south west of the US. So I guess it's going well, wish I could be with them but I guess I'll just record some solo stuff.

Seems like being in a band is fun, i ought to try this shit.

we just played a small show in front of maybe 20 people on saturday night

tried to debut a new song but it wasnt quite ready yet
>tfw drumkit was aligned weirdly (im the drummer)
>tfw new sticks were a bit too big, so i dropped my drumsticks twice in the beginning of the new song
we finished the set but that was kinda embarassing
still had fun tho

Do it

KEK

It's going well. We're somewhat of a math rock band I suppose, my guitarist and I are best bros (I play drums). We got a sax player too, but he's been super busy recently. Still need a bassist.

Our lyrics typically touch on Christian themes or theology/literature. The local scene is frustrating, very much limited to "super indie" The 1975 style bands and terrible hardcore bands.

This sounds familiar

I know those feels, sometimes I can't get the kick situated perfectly, and it'll throw everything off. I use 727 (or 747, can't remember) sticks, and 5As always throw me off

Pretty good. We just recorded two albums and released one awhile back. The bassist and I want to play shows, but our drummer doesn't want to since he's busy with other projects (he plays in a pop-punk band that tours frequently) and working full-time. Should we hire a drummer just for live shows, or should we abide by his request and remain a studio-only band?

I want to have one but I live in a small town and have a hard time finding someone who I'd want to make music with.

Do you want to be a band with me user
It'll be fun

Post albums

that's right, techno is nonsense. Brostep, on the other hand, is the way to go

we broke up 9 years ago along with all our dreams

so pretty good, i still play bass like a faggot

you're having more fun then i am, try and make the best of it

Anyone guitar boys in Los Angeles looking to join a band? My group is looking for a final member to guitar, only requirements is to not be fat or mean... 2 of us are manlets tho

>Not be mean
You think anyone wants to be in a band with weak faggots?

there's being mean and there's being a general asshole I meant the latter

Who cares if he's an asshole? You're there to make music not rub each others dicks, are you not?
Pretty much every innovative musician was an asshole in some way or another. Or do you just want to be in a band for the sake of it?

Oh hi Bonehead.

because you'd be spending most of your time with that person might as well mesh well

i don't have a band

Drum machine

We played a show a couple of weeks ago. it was an EP release and we killed it. As soon as the ep came out the band told me I needed to write more songs so we can have a 30 minute set. So that's where we're at right now.

Still in the fantasy stage, sadly.

How do I get people to join? Will my friends call me a fag if I ask them to join?

Put extended solos into what you have now too (only works for jazz bands)

Maybe. My friends are mad keen with the idea of forming a band