Sup Sup Forums? No gun here

sup Sup Forums? No gun here

I'm not sure where to start, so the first question that comes to my mind is a s/w mp 22lr with a 50round drum magazine make a good first/home defense weapon? My neighbors cousin is selling one for a $400, he also mentioned it has a bump fire...whatever that means. Good buy or keep looking?

Pass. Get a Remington 870, a sling and some shells for the same amount.

Why Remington over Mossberg?

dont get a drum mag

get a gun that you're comfortable shooting. accuracy and comfort are the most important things when it comes to any gun.

What that means is that he's put together an assault rifle that barely doesn't qualify as an assault rifle. Buy a shotgun, it'll still put a hole in an intruder without the similar hole in your wallet.

Not that it'll help much when you wake up to the guy holding you up with your own gun, but whatevs.

22s are a good first gun, not optimal for home defense.
They're fun to go to the range and target shoot with because they're quiet and have minimal recoil.

you can get better 22's cheaper though so I'd pass.

The best home defense is a shotgun loaded with say no. 2 steel shot.

yeah, you need to have a katana under your pillow as a second line of defense.

I don't think bumpfire would work well with a .22, there isn't much recoil...
But I'd suggest something with a little more stopping power for home defense, buy a simple 12 gauge shotgun and use a slug or 00 buckshot.

>assault rifle

buy it

I was recommended that if you're in a super gun control state that you buy something that fires 22lr since apparently something shooting that small of a bullet makes it not count as an assault rifle while still retaining the rpm.

Yeah, it doesn't kill as good, but if you're using an assault rifle for home defense I'm not sure aim is your highest priority.

Don't say assault rifle, famalam. That's a gun grabber term that doesn't mean anything.

I keep a 12g shotgun behind my headboard. In not as good of a shot as my boyfriend who prefers a pistol. At least with a shotgun you don't have to be concerned about missing.

Also, it's important to choose a home defence weapon that's both practical and comfortable for you. I recommend going shooting and testing a bunch of guns before you decide to buy one type over another.

Just lmao'ing at all you stupid racist gun nuts. News flash: guns are what most vilence is committed with and should be kept OUT of the hands of our children. Not given to them.

>vilence
Someone souls have let you play with a gun as a child.

so you can show people you have money to spend on a name

What's that mean? You gun nuts cant type.

Alright I'll bite

Look m8y, majority of 'gun nuts' are the libertarian type that care more about freedom rather than the ability to shoot people. It is a liberty thing, you can't rely on the government to protect you all the time. Cops are assholes, but they're people too, they fuck up. When it comes down to you, are you just going to roll over and let Jamal rape you? Are you just going to let the government intrude on your personal business? I didn't think so.

Also that accusation of racism was baseless, step up

I know this isn't an argument, but it'll give you some perspective

Don't be a cunt OP if you're looking for home defense buy a pump shotgun. If the racking a shell doesn't make them piss themselves than the Buck shot will

This, I think rifles are garbage for home defense

This is the single worst gun to possibly own for self defense. Small caliber, requires precision to be effective. Semiautomatic which means reliability issues if not maintained properly (especially that model), And the drum mag which are all notorious for malfunctioning.

Best home defense weapon is a decent sized dog

Get a female so you can fuck it when you're bored. Win win

Get a relatively short barrel 12 gauge and some birdshot. Buckshot will work but it's high brass and is gonna be harder to control

Jamal? Is he suposed to be black? White people rape too. In fact, whites are waaaay more likely to rape, which is why I myself dont date them. And cops shoot people, too. Which is why guns shouldn't be in anyone's hands, even cops. You trumpies can't debate.

They really are. Houses are paper thin when you use a rifle. But a standard wall stud can stop a 12 gauge Buck load at 5 yards. ESPECIALLY after exiting a torso

I'm radical left actually

And there are more black rapists than white rapists that have been caught, this is fact. Not even being racist

Shotguns are the best bet. I have a shorty .410 mossberg with a pistol grip and flashlight that stays next to the bed. Birdshot only. At any distance in my house it's as efective as a .45 but after that the velocity drops of pretty fast. Also it's short enough that I can turn around in a doorway without slapping the frame.

That's very racist actually and the fact you don't agree only further proves your racism.

No, it can't. Buck is .32 caliber lead balls. It's a really shit choice and drywall doesn't stop it. What do you think the odds are that you're going to hit a stud with every pellet? Bird shot is still the best choice in your house.

Get a .22, but get a less silly and gimmicky .22
Ruger 10/22 is always a safe bet
Still shitty for HD though.
If you want a decent first gun that can also be used for home defense, get a 12GA like a Mossberg 500

I hope you're not serious, how is it racist? Sure it'd be racist today to say that all blacks steal, since that's not the case. But if they all did steal, it wouldn't be racist to say.

All blacks steal. I want my bike back.

Hey noguns. That is a 22.

>22lr
if you're defending against squirrels, sure

What? The gun OP posted?
... Yes I realize it is a .22, I was saying to get a better .22

No. Do not get a drum mag for self defense, and I wouldn't get a 22 either, or if you do, get a revolver (but don't get 22)

Get a .357 magnum revolver... I would fuck this gun if I could. I have one and it's good for self defense.

If you want magazine fed, just get a clock or some shit... I have a XD 45 tactical as well.

screw that. get a pardner protector 12 and call it a day. less than ~200$ for chinese 870 clone

.357 are good for sd, but 12ga is better for hd.

just look at the ballistics between a .357 and 12ga

22lr really isn't a great caliber for home defense to be honest. I mean you definitely will kill someone with it, but there is a whole lot less room for error than with something like a 12ga or maybe a handgun.

glock*

lol'd

Your "nobody ever should have guns" ideal is cool, but will literally never happen. Humans, on a fundamental level, compete with each other for everything, sometimes violently. Just like every other animal. So if nobody had guns, we'd just kill each other with swords, clubs, bones, rocks, our bare fucking hands if it comes down to it. Anyone who believes that getting rid of guns will end violence has the world view of a child and needs to grow the fuck up and accept the reality that humans are fundamentally violent.

Now, if you were going to construct a birdhouse, you'd choose the best tools for the job, right? Well the same applies to defending yourself, your loved ones, and your possessions. If you truly care about those things, you will chose the best tools to do so. Which would be a gun, something that can kill people effectively. If you only shoot to wound, you are jeopardizing all that you care about. Along with the gun, adequate passive measures are also a necessity, like proper locks, a home alarm system, and possibly a dog to alert you.

Remember, the police are minutes away, at least. If someone breaks into your house with the intention to do harm, those few minutes could be the difference between life and death.

Buy a Mossberg Maverick 88, a bunch of #4 shot, and most importantly, train with it.

This

It's like nukes, it'd be great to remove all nukes from every country but since we can't, we'll have to settle with being a nuclear armed world. Highly motivated criminals (or governments) are going to get guns (or nukes) anyway, whether they're illegal or not. Removing millions of guns from American society is NOT feasible.

I've never understood why the mp 22 even exists. It's utter shit. It's the most finnicky gun on the planet. I know like 10 dudes that have them and they all have constant trouble with them. "It only runs federal" or "it'll feed right once it warms up a little". Just garbage. I have an old marlin stainless barrell 14 rd semi auto with a cheap scope that will run fine with any .22 ammo I put in it and I think I only spent about $250 for it when it was new.

Well, I won't argue, but you're going to freak some people out carrying around a shotgun if you just want to answer the door but still protect yourself without showing that you're armed. There are situations were not worrying about carrying a huge weapon around and freaking people out will be nice. You don't know if the man at the door is selling steaks or fixing to rob your ass after a 20 second conversation.

I have pretty much 1 of everything I like, pic related.

Why do you need 50 rounds for "home defence"? What the fuck are you defending your home from?

a no soliciting sign works wonders for the little 'who's at the door?" problem. If we haven't talked about it beforehand, I don't answer the door. My wife is even worse, she goes to the window and waves people away.

I love my M91 Kennedy Killer

You sound like the friendliest neighbor

>MFW no mention of Tomahawks

The problem is that rimfire cartridges like .22 LR aren't reliable enough for home defense, they don't detonate reliably

If you need a gun and you don't want to become a gun enthusiast just get a 9mm Glock or any 12ga shotgun and call it good

jews don't carry tomahawks

honestly, I just came in here to use this GIF, and entered the first retarded thread I could find; I'm a troll

You racists just dig yourselves deeper

Fun gun that was my first gun it's a fun range gun I wouldn't recommend a 22 for home defense though it's a good small game gun or if you just want to shoot a lot without spending too much

Drum magazine? Sounds like you wanna shoot up the half of your house along with the intruder.

A Shotgun really is the best option for home defence, perhaps with a handgun also nearby just in case. Ideally with a short-ish barrel so that you can effectively clear rooms without worrying about your 7 foot long barrel knocking your grandad's ornaments off the shelf.

As for handguns, I quite like the classic M1911 or perhaps its modern variants, 45 is nothing to be fucked with. Any 9mm Glock will serve you well though.

False
Assault rifle is like saying sports car
It's a loose classification. But it applies to military style weapons that are not intended for hunting deer

But removing millions of mexicans is?
>Trump logic

Shut the fuck up. Get out.

the fucks this have to do with trump?

bump fire on a .22?...top kek

it worked for the Germans in 1935-1945, why not in murrica?