What happened to good hip hop?

i swear hip hop has never been this shit, now its all about

bragging and flexing about how "strong" you are
>thugga will break a nigga nose lil nigga!

nonsensical acronyms and namedropping random brands
>spendin errything on alexander wayne!
>uoeno uoeno uoeno uoeno
>yeezy yeezy jumped over jumpan

talking about how tough of a drug dealer you are to keep that "SKREET CRED", constantly saying shit like plug, ice, wrists and similar
>when i take drugs i go to the moon
>muh plug cookin some real good shit
>i be playing with pots and pans like ratatouille
>9mm my brothers my keeper he be servin that ether

namedropping random athletes that dont got anything to do with it
>michael vick cook it so good man cause he use a lefthand
>two 9s on me like im warren sapp
>she changed her hair again my bitch like dennis rodman

constantly having the need to inform everyone about your "realness"
>im the realest nigga you ever seen since mj
>whats this i see? mothafuckas tryna act like gs!

talking about sex and fucking sluts
>bitch bleached her asshole
>i just hit a 3 peat, fucked 3 hoes i met this week
>if she aint a virgin then the bitch only average

informing everyone about how rich you are
>my iphone white and my bitch too!
>40 on my wrists
>diamonds in my teeth so talkin aint cheap!
>talking bout Ms nigga!

trying to get sympathy from everyone with self-criticizing lyrics, playing on that "im just another human being, i aint perfect" card, portraying yourself as a self aware addict or someone whos heart has been broken, etc
>that codeine future tried to give it up, man i cant give it up
>drake on diamonds dancing and entire hotline bling
>stoner young thugga
>when you fuckin a nigga, do you think about me

so why arent we allowed to enjoy conscious rap again? is there an actual reason?

every time i try to do it all these meme rap fans here start spamming "le born in le wrong generation", "g2bed dad XDDDD" "le illmatic le mos def XDDD list goes on" and similar

so why?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/music/preview/Twlo65ppq7usby7xcklwdeq3vyi?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics
youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
youtu.be/E7fY0-8H0jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're gonna get shit posted into oblivion, lad.

My dude, everyone knows this don't act like you had an epiphany. That's why nobody cared about hippityhop more than half a decade ago. But then pitchfork gave a silly 10 to MBDTF and the teens, wiggers and niggers who were exhausted of listening to music they didn't enjoy just to fit in with the big league, finally had something pop and shitty "approved"( only by P4K not by actual music fans). It gave the plebs power and so they took a huge shit on the board. "Finally we can discuss the music I dance at the mainstream club seriously!". More plebs of course were attracted and formed neo-Sup Forums.

Don't try to seriously critic memerap. Every sane person knows it's shit and those who like it here are too far gone to see the truth. Inb4 butthurt by lil tough teens.

I'd rather listen to footwork than this.

Hi Hopsin

I don't speak nigger. Can someone help me translate "Bad and Boujee"? I can't decode any of this dindu worshipping garbage.

I've tried my best to translate most of this degeneracy. Fucking hell; nigger should be considered a completely different dialect.

Nigger lyrics that require translation: what does any of this shit mean?

"smokin' on cookie in the hotbox"

"Fuckin' on ya bitch she a thot thot thot"

"Boujee", "my bitch is boujee", "im hella boujee"

"Bitch ima dawg woof; beat the ho"

"Skrrt Skrrt"

"Magic with the brick do voodoo"

"We from the Nawf, yea dat way woah whoa whoaa"

"Pour a four, I'm droppin muddy"

"Introduce me to your bitch ass wifey and we be sluttin'"

"Call me Quavo Ratatouille"

"Gettin' dat f chicken with blue cheese"

"Blaow gah"

Full "lyrics" play.google.com/music/preview/Twlo65ppq7usby7xcklwdeq3vyi?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

Yeah, I mean hip hop today is all about

"I DO IT FOR MY CITY! I DO IT FOR MY DOG! I DO IT FOR MY FISH! I DO IT FOR MY CAR! I DO IT FOR MY YARD! I DO IT FOR MY ROOM! I DO IT FOR MY HOOOOOOD!"

Like most other trap rap song, the lyrics in this song are "stunting", gloating about their lifestyles that other negroes would be jealous of. These songs are generally aesthetic based rather than technically or conceptually concerned and in this song there is an attempt to construct imagery of their bourgeois lifestyle. Quavo, Offset, Takeoff and Lil Uzi Vert use this Metro Boomin produced track as opportunity to regurgitate fashionable "flavour of the month" hip-hop simulacra and memes to make their stunting relevant to the novelty-seeking negro and identity-deprived white cosmopolitan urbanite.

lol

it is good. youre just old.

i'm not old i'm 26

It was literally never good. Fuck off.

in other words: trash

all Rap is for fucking children.

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

26? youre washed bruh. wtf you doing old man go get a job and get married and shit haha

You just need to dig deeper, there's good hip hop other than whatever you hear on the radio

"smokin' on cookie in the hotbox"
the nigga is smoking on a strain of weed called: girl scout cookies in a hotbox (room that's not ventilated)
>"Fuckin' on ya bitch she a thot thot thot"
T.H.O.T: that hoe over there
>Boujee
definition: High class, flossin', ballin'.
>"Magic with the brick do voodoo"
a brick is a brick of coke [x drug here] and that nigga is trapping [selling/distributing] the product so its gone. poof. vanished like magic almost
"We from the Nawf, yea dat way woah whoa whoaa"
migos are from northern atlanta. do the nawf side is dat way
>"Pour a four, I'm droppin muddy"
mud is another lingo for lean (a drink containing promethazine +codine) and hes going to sip a 4th of it
>"Introduce me to your bitch ass wifey and we be sluttin'"
you thought your lady was a lady but shes a hoe. a whore. a thot.
>"Call me Quavo Ratatouille"
quavo is cooking up dope in the crocpot. hes almost like a chef when he uses his [croc]pots and pans in the kitchen... much like Ratatouille

i hope you've gained some insight and feel more cultured than you were prior

literally every hip hop song ever made since the dawn of time is about one of 3 subjects

>I/ we are awesome at rapping (optional but preferred: is terrible at rapping)
>black lives matter, white men and cops are evil and all this racism justice and inequality is outrageous! listen about how gritty and real my thug lyfe is!
>money, bitches and weed are awesome, listen about how much money, bitches and weed I have!

Seriously, I've listened to every major rap album from the 80s to the recent shit and all rappers ever have literally only 3 modes - Braggadocio, The Inequality Rant and Excess Worship. It's the most shallow, overglorified excuse for a microgenre in existence and it has contributed to the downfall of western civilisation

ITT: middle class white guys

Rap is basically country for minorities and white suburban kids, minus any talent or ability to play instruments.

REPOPULATE MY CITY, MY CITY
MY HOOOOOD!
REPOPULATE MY HOOOOD!

Looks like dad rap is a thing now.

god shut the fuck up racist edgelord

THIS

Do you feel like watching a 44 minute documentary that explains the song and genre itself in general?

Short answer: it's not hip hop, it's trap

Long answer: youtu.be/E7fY0-8H0jg

>I don't like it therefore it must be trash

Yeah no. It's not a fucking thesis paper it's a trap son with a catchy beat and a new type of rapping that basically all rappers copied from them (Migos)

Can't someone just as easily say rock is all about pussy or something related to pussy?