WarCraft theory

So in the film, Ner'zhul wasn't mentioned at all. My conclusion, Ner'zhul doesn't exist in the film universe of WarCraft. So Ner'zhul and Gul'dan have been merged together. Gul'dan wont' die in the next film because he's going to become the Lich King in the later films. What do you guys think? Any theories you all have?

Also WarCraft general.

bamp

I think you are correct, that would also streamline the whole story and make it easier to create Lich King and people would understand the villain from the start!

How does Arthas factor into all of this?

I really don't give a shit

In English, doc!

I just think they didn't want to over complicate the plot for the casual viewers.

That's why there's no mention of the burning legion and why Fel is basically just EVIL

He will reveal that his full name is Ner'zhul von Gul'dan, have a sex change at the end of the movie before becoming the Lich Queen.

Didn't they hint at Legion? Didn't Garona say that Gul'dan had a master? Or was that master suppose to be Medivh?

>some orc that did nothing in the first war wasnt mentioned
>DUDE HE DOESNT EXIST LMAO

Didn't Nerzhul stay on the other side of the portal until the 2nd war?

>I think you are correct, that would also streamline the whole story and make it easier to create Lich King and people would understand the villain from the start!

That means they would have to change the Tomb of Sargeras and the ending to the second war and the beyond the dark portal saga.

Here's how I see it for the second film:

Opening - stormwind wrecked. Death knights created, dark portal reopened.

Orcs move North. Divide forces to fight the Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas, Doomhammer btfo by Alliance at Capital City, retreat, Gul'dan orders Doomhammer to hold Blackrock spire, prevent humans from following behind the dark portal.

Evens with Lothar getting killed by Doomhammer

>How does Arthas factor into all of this?

Gul'dan will take over the mind of Arthas and they will eventually merge together.

Right now though, Arthas is a little kid, in the Capital City.

what does it matter the movie did so shit their wont be anymore

all i wanted was my arthas and illidan

Although I viewed Ner'zhul as pretty fucking based, you cannot deny how retarded it would be to add two all powerful shamanistic like orcs in the movie series.

But by doing this I'm assuming they're stopping at the creation of the Lich King?

Cause once you go that way you can no longer retcon it to explain the events of Warlords of Draenor and Legion expansion.

But those are shit expans and nobody should care about them.

So who's skull does Illidan take to become half demon is Gul Dan now lives in a helmet?

>But by doing this I'm assuming they're stopping at the creation of the Lich King?

I hope to god they stop at the Lich King. Maybe to a prequel War of the Ancients trilogy, but I don't want any wow shit movies.

>retcon it to explain the events of Warlords of Draenor and Legion expansion.
There is no way they every even gave the thought of doing WoD as an expansion.The expansion itself is a retread to make people know who the orcs are in the movie.

>So who's skull does Illidan take to become half demon is Gul Dan now lives in a helmet?

Drek'Thar

>next film
>later films

I'm sorry run that past me again

Well now we're just pointlessly replacing orcs with other orcs.

There's nothing to gain if we're actually just replacing everyone by someone else.

Next movie will be about the creation of the horde right?

Then we move into undead storyline and explain shit about that? and have Lich king shenanigans in there too.

Then after that you get an Illidan storyline with Arthas Cameo.

How do you end a film trilogy on the creation of a villian? Wouldn't they have to adapt Wrath?

Two is too much for retarded WoWbabbies like yourself

>Next movie will be about the creation of the horde right?

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING FILM?

>How do you end a film trilogy on the creation of a villian? Wouldn't they have to adapt Wrath?

>implying there won't be 12 films.

make sylvanas kill him and save the world

Did you?

There was only mention of Orcs.

next movie we get Thrall's story and how the trolls, tauren and orcs join forces to create the horde.

Idiot.

They are going to change the death of Doomhammer. Thrall becomes good friends with Doohammer, later finds out he betrayed his father, and kills him with his own weapon.

Then you have people play the game.

But actually you make more movies.

>Did you?

The Horde was created even prior to the prequel novel to the film.

>next movie we get Thrall's story and how the trolls, tauren and orcs join forces to create the horde.
lol no

>he thinks it needed half a billion dollars to break even
It might not be a box office hit, but they're likely to make another. A lot of the costs incurred for the film wouldn't be as large in subsequent films, so they can make them for less.

There's already a horde dumbass.

>skipping 18 years ahead in the storyline

>A new warrior for the Horde literally at the beginning of the movie

Garona refers to them as "the horde" when talking about their plans to bring the rest of the orcs through the portal. Gul'dan even called them "my horde" in the movie. Were you even listening?

>Garona refers to them as "the horde"

Gul'dan literally said HORDE, in the first fucking scene of the god dam film for crying out load.

Wow check out these smartasses!

Wow you guys are so smart.

>orcs literally raped almost the entire kingdom of azeroth with basically an elite scouting party
>once the portal is fully opened, the alliance is doomed

Alliancefags on suicide watch

Forgot my pic.

DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!

they probably meant the orcish horde, with all the clans united

>they probably meant the orcish horde, with all the clans united

>implying Ogres weren't part of Orc clans

Which are worse the Sup Forums posters who mock vidya or the Sup Forums posters who mock each other and shitpost.

The whole expansion was to revive Gul'dan so they could kill him off again in the first raid tier of Legion

>The whole expansion was to revive Gul'dan so they could kill him off again in the first raid tier of Legion

This shit trigers me. Why bring back a bad ass villain like him, only to kill him off ten seconds later?

What do you mean 10 seconds later? He survived the whole expansion even though he was the only real threat.

Because it wasn't the original plan, they rushed/fucked up WoD so hard that it turned out that poorly.

>hey lets make the story about how the orcs reject the legion and become strong via technology instead of demonblood
>loljk time for fel orcs!

>in the next film
You know, this movie is a 8/10 for me but I don't think we would have that.

>You know, this movie is a 8/10 for me but I don't think we would have that.

If THE LAST AIRBENDER can get a sequel, this can as well. Fuck off you Disney capshit shill.

Ner'zhul is the leader of the Horde remaining in Draenor, of course he wouldn't show up in Azeroth

Are you talking about the cartoon or the movie?

The movie got a sequel? But it was utter and complete trash.

>If THE LAST AIRBENDER can get a sequel

Seriously? How? That movie was worse than the dragonball one

>If THE LAST AIRBENDER can get a sequel
it didn't though

this will get a sequel because blizzard made enough money in China and off Warcraft players, current and former.

oh

I made a google and found out it is

damn

Demons are mentioned in the film and we see the avatar of satgeras. If they went full demon exposition they'd beed so much more time.
I still think they medivvh mom should have done a short narrated flashback to khadgar showi Her fight with sarg and how he got possessed

They should've worked a little less on the orc and a little more on the elves.

add King Llane being turned into the first death knight host for Teron Gorefiend

and what, Alleria Windrunner (and probably Sylvanas shoehorned in as fanbait) will be in this one, I wonder who will play her?

I agree with op, I think this will also happen in the new continuity. WoD Gul'dan is in Legion expansion, sure Bolvar Fordragon "is the Lich King" but who's to say Kil'jaeden couldn't make another one?

i remember a shot from the movie showing the whole alliance "army" riding towards the portal.

The army consisted, and I shit you not, of what looked like 62 men dressed in colourful plastic armor. What a mighty force.

>one shot
>62 men
>he counted them all
what an autistic force

Stormwind hasn't even been destroyed yet.

triggered much, Sup Forumsedditor? Honestly, Warcraft apologists are even worse than the fucking Jurassic World and Star Wars shills.

Next movie starts at "15 years later" Orcs have advance all the way to Lordaeron, but eventually the Alliance pushed them back and they're mostly imprisoned.

Gul'Dan and Doomhammer are camping in Blackrock, but are under Stormwind seige (led by aged Lothar and Khadgar). Guldan deserts, gets a call from the demons to go north and become the lich king.

With Gul'dan away in Northrend a lot of the Fel Orcs aren't under his control and rally behind Thrall, At starting a rebellion and freeing the imprisoned Orcs.
Here Arthas is introduced as the heir to Lordaeron and commander of the Northern Alliance troops against Thrall's rebellion.

In the end there's some kind of truce through Jaina's and Dalaran's mediation and Orcs leave for Kalimdor, but then it ends with news of an undead plague rising in Stratholme

Main characters: Thrall, Arthas
Major characters, Guld'Dan, Sylvanas (as Artha's second in command, representing the elves) and Jaina.
Minor chracters: Terenas (Arthas' father), Khadgar, Doomhammer, Lothar (the latter three play a minor role in the beginning with Guld'Dan and Doomhammer being put under pressure by a Stormwind seige on the Blackrock, which is what leads Gul'dan to desert and go north)
Background: Dwarves

>so they can make them for less.
It's like you never played Warcraft 2 in your life.

Warcraft 2 was Warcraft 1 on steroids. They'll have to get cgi trolls, goblins, giant sea turtles, ogres, death knights and so on.

I'll be disappointed if there were no giant sea turtles. I really will.

I wished Thrall and Arthas fanboys would fuck off.

All I want is a faithful adaptation of tides of darkness and beyond the dark portal.

Don't tell me we're going to skip best windrunner for fucking arthas. fuck no, if that's the case, I hope Blizzard scraps their whatever other movie they had going on and just put their resources into a Warcraft 4.

but those are the two shittest books in the saga

>next film

All I want to know is why all the elves looked like ass?

and arthas thrall shit is even worse.

fucking mary sue and edgelord fucks

i'd rather watch a movie about a pandaren snorting crack than watch a movie about arthas

This movie won't even get an extended cut let alone a sequel.

I love warcraft but it's never gonna happen. This is all we're gonna get out of movie warcraft.

>it's over

The makeup and the prosthetics were so fucking awful. The terrible eyebrow prosthetics were hilarious. Between that and the weird looking bad CGI eye glow i just couldn't stop laughing whenever they were on screen.

What a joke.

>the next film

if resident evil could get a sequel, i don't see how warcraft cannot.

It has to reach 600 to break even.

it has to reach 2 quadrillion just to offset casting costs.

I heard the sets alone cost 3 billion not to mention CG which was upward of 500 billion

RE cost less and made 3x its budget

>books

Those are the Warcraft 2 games bro.

WHY

Every time this is posted the number goes up! How, on a budget of $160 million does it take $600 million to break even? Nobody gives a valid reason

Because its tanking domestically

It could make 200 million domestic and 300 million foreign and make a profit

but because it wont even make 100 million domestic it needs to make more foreign to make money

who was that shadow bitch that khadgar met in dalaran

I remember the human "army" walking towards the portal.
And I also remember clearly that it was not an army but instead a small squadron. I think I Remember that because it was an important part of the fucking plot to show Medhiv's treason or something.

>skipping "tides of darkness" and "beyond the dark portal"

Probably Kil'Jaeden.

I can't remember W1/2 very well but he doesn't come to prominence until W2's Expansion but he's still around before that I think.

Thanks for telling us

>Movie 2
Anduin has to at least die at Blackrock before getting into modern Warcraft lore.

>Movie 3
Then they have to do the Third War and establish the Burning Legion, Kalimdor and the Scourge.

Ner'Zhul wasn't in the first Warcraft game.

care enuff to post
:^)

Ner'zhul wasn't mentioned for the same reason Sargeras wasn't mention. There's too much shit with too many characters for them to name drop these types of people in the first movie.

top-tier husbando coming through

You're a literal retard. Ner'zhul is in the film.

Warcraft 2 has Medivh going full bonkers and the shit with Sargeras is further elaborated on.
Then we get a spinoff movie that deals with the Guardians of Tirisfal and Medivh's mother.
After Warcraft 3, we get the first installment of the War of the Ancients trilogy, and then Warcraft 4, which depicts the latter half of Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne.
Then we get the two remaining films in the WotA trilogy.

please respond

Gul'dan becoming the lich king is retarded. The lich king gig was a sort of eternal torment/punishment for daring to go against the burning legion. Which ner'zhul tried to do after the dark portal closes, in order to save his people, etc. So he got bitchsmacked and stuffed in ice till arthas' dumb ass replaced him.

>he thinks there will be sequels

... s-should we tell him?

legendary is owned by china. so they get roughly the same cut from china as they get from the US.

Still needs at least 500 million to break even though, and china is done with it.

>so they get roughly the same cut from china as they get from the US.
No they dont, why do people keep saying this like China has the same corporate laws as the US?

Most movie studios get NONE of the Chinese movie gross, they just get a flat fee if its a big enough block buster