Black Sabbath's s/t came out 47 years ago today

ITT We discuss this album

the best
>muh satan
album ever recorded

artwork is pretty dope

First for Paranoid is the superior album.

First for Master of Reality is the superior album

WHAT IS THIS
THAT STANDS BEFORE ME

First for Vol 4 is the superior album

Maybe if changes wasn't included

this is truth

Changes aint that bad bud plus supernaut and snowblind come right after it

>47 years ago
wew

First album was proto-metal
Paranoid was classic metal
Master was classic metal with more weed
Vol 4. was more drugs, better album
SBS was more of the same
Sabotage was were the drugs started affecting everything

Standard 70's syndrome: the later you survived into the 70's the worse the music business got and the more drugs you took, thus somewhere by your 4th to 7th album the magic is gone

True
Sabbath are the prototypical rock band that rose too fast and fucked themselves up. I'd kill for a Spinal Tap-ish movie about their career.

>tfw we will never see the lads pranking/bullying the shit out of Bill Ward while recording in a haunted castle
>tfw we will never see them royally fuck up the photoshoot for the Sabotage cover
>tfw we will never see Ozzy humming the string parts to a pissed off orchestra because no one in the band can write music

S/T > MoR > Paranoid >vol4

I remember reading an article once where they were so fucked up that they asked Ward if they could set him on fire. He said OK, so they did.

I also seem to remember something said as well that Ozzy either fell asleep or completely passed out during Sabotage while doing his vocals.

What I'd kill for is to be a fly on the wall when they were recording Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Yes was next door. Just thinking of Rick Wakeman hanging & drinking with Sabbath, then guesting on a song is kind of what the hell.

wrong
objectively
>but 420

>during either MoR recording sessions in the haunted castle Led Zep came over to jam and it was all recorded
>these recordings still havent been released

It hurts to be alive

My favorite Sabbath album
The perfect mix between Blues and Hard Rock desu
I always thought that it was Ozzy on the cover
Also I need to buy a Vertigo first press of this, but everything Vertigo swirl label related stuff is expensive as shit

Isn't Spinal Tap supposed to be parodying Black Sabbath, though?

Why is it that the U.S. version had Wicked World while the British version had Evil Woman?

What was up with that?

OH GOD NO PLEASE NO OH GOD NOT ME AHHHHHHH

Brits had a long standing tradition of picking the worst of all possible tracklistings for local releases

I've got Evil Woman on my copy. I'm from Canada. It isn't an original press, though

There are certainly references to Black Sabbath in the movie This is Spinal Tap but for the most part it was really a spoof of Status Quo