I work in airport security. AMA

I work in airport security. AMA.

Was thinkingv of taken a tsa job. Is it worth it?

Why are your coworkers always so angry?

How do you feel knowing that your job doesn't stop terrorists and only exists to waste everyone's fucking time? I'm glad I got TSA Pre-Check so you slow ass motherfuckers aren't trying to grope me every time I travel because I got a medical implant in my face that "Could be a weapon".

R u racists

In what fucking world is there a medical implant in your face. Do you mean your head? Explain yourself faggot

I mean how the fuck would I even retrieve it first of all? Am I gonna do impromptu surgery on my face during the flight to extract a small metal plate? Do people think I'm a suicide bomber or something like I got a shrapnel bomb in my skull?

Stupid damn autocorrect. Yes I meant my skull. Car accident. Medical implant.

I don't work for TSA. And I couldn't give a fuck. I know it's bullshit. Most of us do. Only boy scouts actually believe we make a difference. I do it for the money. If I didn't do it someone worse than me probably would.

Or that injury really did make me retarded and I typed face. Whatever.

It's a job. If the money is right for you don't hesitate

He said security not TSA.

Because their souls are crushed and they hate life.

Oh, you're regular security then. My apologies. Still yeah. TSA is a giant farce. Fuck em.

So what do if a shooting at the airport all "No Russian" style?

I mean, do you guys have a plan for something like that or ya just run like fucking cowards or what?

How many obese people do you see on a normal workday?

If it pays more than what you make now do it. They get regular raises. Just brace yourself for bureaucracy and procedure. It's like working for the IRS except you have to look at all the people who hate you in the eye one after another.

Hell no. If some one started shooting I would run like a bitch. Our airport has its own little police station. Thats their problem. I inspect aircraft for contraband.

Like meeeeeeeeeee!!! *flies away on a rainbow of pure hatred*

Contraband huh? What have you found?

How do you sleep knowing not only do you violate the constitution on a daily basis but you do so and still do not make a difference?..also you guys are pedos, tf if with the kid touching?

Are "randomly selected" security checks really random or do you check some types of travellers more often than others?

What do you do with abandoned luggage that has been left behind, either unclaimed luggage or bags left behind in the terminal where people board the planes?

Have you ever actually caught a criminal/terrorist/illegal immigrant?

I found a bag with about 15 kilos of cocaine. That was my biggest bust. Other than that zilch. The reality is most if not all of time there is nothing.

what's the craziest thing you've ever come across?

>most if not all of time there is nothing
that just means you're pretty shit at your job

I don't do people searches but from I here it is semi random. If the person selecting the random order has a personal bias it gets less random.

Abandoned luggage is searched by airport police for identification. If none is found its put in storage for 2 years ish. If unclaimed it's trashed.

Terrorists no. Illegals and drug traffickers yes.

You mean 16, right.?

maybe, maybe not. His job is to PREVENT crime, not wait for it to happen and then busting the criminals. The mere presence of security personnel might discourage some of the people trying to smuggle drugs/illegally enter the country/etc

Nah it's cause I do outbound international flights. Most people want to smuggle shit in not out.

what country are we talking about here? Just curious

'Merica

are there some items that you cannot bring on a flight (cabin luggage) that you personally think should be allowed?

guessed as much

also 709999999 get

Trump, Hillary, other or none?

if Trump is elected, do you think it will have an effect on your workload? Do you think that Muslims, for example, will have to be denied entry into the US?

You tried...

So ever had an abandoned package you were really nervous about? Or is it all chill and you think "no fucking way this is possibly a bomb"?

Member when airports were safe?

Explosive Ordnance Disposal training makes you paranoid about IEDs sometimes, and I've had two or three nightmares where someone left a sports bag in a bus or in a mall, and I realised it was a bomb just before it went off.

But no, I really haven't been nervous in airports. I almost never see an abandoned piece of luggage (people seem to really be afraid of laptop thieves) and any unclaimed bag left on a conveyor has come from a plane and therefore has been through security.

also bombings are pretty fucking rare, and statistically I'm more likely to win the lottery without buying a lottery ticket than dying to a bomb in an airport

nice trips there mister satan

If I sneak drugs onboard will you search my ass?
[spoiler]please?[/spoiler]

It's so very unlikely I usually don't even let it cross my mind. I'm more worried about mass shooting or stabbing by a local back job. Probably white male 20-30 yrs old.

I'm not really ever worried about shootings, we have pretty strict gun laws over here and shootings are really rare. The kind of violence I worry most about in my daily life is probably being assaulted by a pair of drunken skinheads over not speaking "proper Finnish" or something

Herds and herds of fat sweaty swine all day. I've seen people that are such fat fucks they lose their breath walking from ticket counter to terminal. Heaving and sweating like they ran a marathon.

If I busted up magic mushrooms in a coffee grinder and pressed it into capsules, and put those capsules in with a pill that looks the same that isn't illegal. How likely am I to get caught? As far as I know your hand/hat swabs and drug dogs don't detect shrooms.

Paki Detected

Do you interact much with other staff? Do you know what the demographic of people touching my luggage is? I imagine its all spics and niggers since I have had shit stolen out of my luggage 100% of trips ive made to the US.

I'm not sure if the dogs smell for that. But as far as I know they only have dogs like twice a week. You might get lucky and even have the dogs smell it at all. But if the capsules genuinely look like it's legal counterpart inside its legal matching bottle. I'd say odds are in your favor. Honestly your better off mailing the capsules to your destination ahead of time if you know someone where your going.

Nope. Guess again

A bunch of us are going to Jamaica for a wedding, we know coke and weed are easy to get down there but we wanted shrooms also. I presume because of the climate and poverty there's not many shroom grow ops going on.

How often are there drunk people flicking shut up?

98 percent spics, but whites working are the ones that steal shit in the regular because everyone assumes is the transient spic majority.