Non-native English speakers, what is your favorite thing about the English language?

Non-native English speakers, what is your favorite thing about the English language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcA6YzbdH6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turning nouns into verbs

>Just google X

yeah thats pretty fun, huh

its the easyer language

it works amazingly well as a storytelling language and is nice to listen to in music form.

this

Do you think it's easier because it's simpler to understand, or because you had so much exposure to it and media and everything that it's almost second nature by now?

i can spying anglos

w what do you mean storytellin. Please explain

>Do you think it's easier because it's simpler to understand, or because you had so much exposure to it and media and everything that it's almost second nature by now?
both

It's like a sum of all European languages
Loanwords from french and latin allow you to express your feelings more efficiently
Simple grammar
Broad vocabulary
English sounds like shit tho

nothing
it's just something you do because you have to, like waking up at 5:30 AM or paying taxes

Nice trips. What is it about the sound of the language that you find unpleasant

lol you dont HAVE to speak English

>easy grammar
>sounds awesome in music because of open, soft vocals

Sometimes "t"s turn into "d" and you don't know when
If you're going to pronounce it as "dada" why would you write it as data?

That's just americans though

>If you're going to pronounce it as "dada" why would you write it as data?

I wouldn't expect you to understand Tayyip

i like the way it sounds(only american accent). it's a sweet mix of german french and latin.

para que vos y otros monguitos me entiendan sí, tengo que
lastimosamente desde el siglo 19 el inglés es lingua franca (y el chino es un embole así que qué suerte que no hay que aprenderlo)
now please, tell me how i don't have to speak english

I like how English lets you use several different structures to form sentences of complete negation.
For example
>I don't have any friends.
>I have no money.
>I have nothing to eat.
>Nobody loves me.

Putting no in front of nouns and saying you have it is so philosophically interesting to me as a monolingual Japanese speaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcA6YzbdH6c

the word order is good for joke punchlines

honestly it's shit and cringey tbqh i don't know why it's our second language

Why are you posting on an English language imageboard then, you fucking spack?

I like that Americans are the only native speaking English country who can't understand English lol

Nothing really except the fact that you can communicate with people all around the world with it

What I like: simple grammar, people from all the cool countries speak it, very concise and if you don't mind speaking like a lazy bum you can get even more succinct

Don't like: that one posh British accent, no proper 2nd person plural pronoun, no future tense (seriously, what the fuck?!), random pronunciation and the "th" sound in particular

Don't know how to feel about it: no gender, no formal form, words ending in consonant sound weird and chopped up to me

Making cluster insults and words with double meaning.

I've stopped reading fiction books in finnish because english just works much better when describing things for some reason. must be the ridiculous collection of adjectives.

fug u

It's not french

No gendered nouns is definitely a likeable thing

>Sup Forums
>English

commit suicide faggot

It enables me to leave my country

It's not Swedish

Mange tes morts, bâtard !

>>I don't have any friends.
>>I have no money.
>>I have nothing to eat.
>>Nobody loves me.

The countless puns, the funny phrases and euphemisms, the way you can be both pithy and very verbose without it seeming forced.
I don't know. I feel like English is a language uniquely suited for comedy.
Maybe it's because I don't master any other languages quite as well.
I feel like I can get away with a lot more when speaking English than when speaking any other language. But that's probably mostly because I'm a foreigner and don't feel like anyone expects me to be particularly eloquent or even to use the correct grammar or vocabulary all the time.