Alright Sup Forums my laptop is fucked...

Alright Sup Forums my laptop is fucked. It was working fine last night but now when I try to turn it on all that happens is the light near the AC input blinks three times. It's an HP Pavilion 15-p263nr. I've cleaned it out, took out and re-inserted the RAM, replaced the coolant on the processor, and checked all the ribbon cables. Any ideas?
>inb4 use Google stupid cunt
Already did. Didn't find anything usefull
>inb4 call a currynigger
I'm broke I can't afford that shit

Other urls found in this thread:

h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HPPSocialUserSignonPage?redirectreason=notregistered&referer=http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage
m.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-Inspiron-15-Intel-i7-3-1Ghz-16GB-Ram-1TB-HDD-1080p-Touch-Notebook-Pc-/172351331408?nav=SEARCH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you turned it on and off again?

I know this is b8 but I turned it off. The turning it on part is the problem.

you obviously didn't google well enough
most computers have beep/blink codes to tell you what's wrong with the boot process
google for the blink codes for your particular hardware to see what three blinks mean

I googled it and it said there was a memory problem. Hence why I reinserted the RAM and made sure to double check all of the ribbon cables.

have you tried turning it on with the charging cable plugged in?

then it sounds like your ram is fucked
how many ram sticks do you have? if multiple, it's possible that just one is broken and you can start the computer with a single ram stick

I only have one. Would it be possible that turning it off fucked my RAM? Windows crashed last night and my computer wouldn't do anything so I had to turn it off. I don't see how that'd fuck the RAM but it could be.

Yes

>hp
It overheated itself to death. Next time get a ThinkPad T420

>replaced the coolant on the processor
Never touch a computer again.

try a new cable, could possibly be battery/cable fault. also RAM can die just because it feels like it.

most hardware failures on HP laptops are realated to "video card" failure
in most case fixing problem cost twice the actual price of your model

OP's laptop would at least power on even if the RAM is fucked.

Electronics just die for no reason. Abrupt changes in electricity can fuck up anything in your laptop or pc. Get new RAM and try it out. Or just go get it repaired

nope, that in particular shouldn't do anything, but ram can and does fail
you could take it in somewhere and have them test the ram stick, but that will cost some money
it sounds like either your ram stick is fried, or the ram circuitry on your motherboard is fried
you could order a new ram stick, and there's a pretty good chance it will fix your computer, but of course it won't do anything if the problem is the motherboard

This is probably a stupid question
But should I try putting the ram in the other slot? This doesn't work on my desktop but I don't know if it would on my laptop

Cooling gel I should have specified.

it would apparently flash the power light three times, assuming op correctly read the documentation he found
most computers fail with a beep code or similar if the ram doesn't work

If one slot is fried, the other one is probably fried too. Get a new RAM stick and try it.

there's no harm in trying. slots can fuck up for no reason

>replaced the coolant on the processor
you what the what?

but the other guy is right, get a new stick of RAM and a new charging cable.

you could try pissing on it

this is true, however the first thing OP should rule out is power failure, beep code or not.

well, my pavilion is only blinking three times when there is no battery left.

anyway have a look at their help forum. its quiet good
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HPPSocialUserSignonPage?redirectreason=notregistered&referer=http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

Putting the RAM in the other slot.

Delete System 32 for better results.

Thermal paste.

God I love these threads, I won a pooter repair business and seeing you retarded 4 year olds try to guess what the problem is is fucking priceless

Yeah thats what it's called. Im in Germany so they kind of engrished it up on the package and called it cooling gel

give us a hint mr pooter man

I would try this but the computer doesn't turn on

Tbh it's probably your charging cord that went out. after that it's your motherboard.

Yes please if you're so smart tell us the issue

put the hard drive in another machine
that will let you delete system32
your computer should work again after you return the hard drive

I know for a 100% fact it isn't the charging cable because the battery was full when I turned it off

Hey dipshit that model doesn't have a video card. Also no you are wrong. Stop posting in threads where you have no idea wtf to do

Hey op here is your solution because I'm sick of seeing these retards trying to help. Remove all ram from your computer then turn it on. If no fans spin up and nothing happens then it's your move. If it does turn on and gives you any beep or blink codes it's 99% your ram

i will keep that in mind whenever my hp breaks. thanks

It has nothing to do with hp it works with every model and even desktops

Im about to see if the other slot works but if it doesn't I will do this. Thank you for being helpful

AMD Radeon HD 7620G graphics
not sure if troll or just retarded

It's part of the processor

lel

Switching slots did not work. Seeing if it is the RAM by taking it all out.

Alright so I removed all the RAM and tried to restart it but I still got the blinking lights. Ive accepted my computer is fucked. Any suggestions for a new one then, you glorious Sup Forumsastards?

well, if the blinking light code means ram failure, it sounds like you should be able to replace the ram
or just buy a new computer. it's your money

If you're going desktop build it yourself.
If you're going laptop just ebay that shit with a warranty.

This thing barely lasted a year and a half I'm not going to justify a repair.

Already have a desktop at home that I built. I need a good laptop

graphics chip desoldered itself. reflow the board with a reflow station or heat gun.

price range?

had the same problem
belive it or not this worked
>take out power cable
>take out battery
>hold down power button for 20 sec
>but battery in
>works

It wouldnt unless op takes off the ram and turns it on

10/10 not sure if troll or just retarded

Looking at 800ish dollars
m.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-Inspiron-15-Intel-i7-3-1Ghz-16GB-Ram-1TB-HDD-1080p-Touch-Notebook-Pc-/172351331408?nav=SEARCH

Would this be a good option?

who the fuck needs a shitty 1TB spinning drive on a laptop?
unless you plan to use your laptop as a media server, get one with an SSD and it will run much faster

>m.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-Inspiron-15-Intel-i7-3-1Ghz-16GB-Ram-1TB-HDD-1080p-Touch-Notebook-Pc-/172351331408?nav=SEARCH
Looks like it should be fine. You could always go with 17 inch's if you wanted. pretty sure with that price range it'd run a lot no matter wht size you get.

OP try this. Assuming it's windows 8/10 a hard cycle might work.

Don't really need an SSD right now. I can always buy one later, anyways.

I don't need all 17 inches but thanks for the nice tits and the good advice!

Already tried it like eight times

You've tried holding the power button down with no power source?

Yeah
Why wouldn't I try that before deciding to dismantle my computer?

Make sure you buy one of those cooling pads for sure though to try to keep laptops alive as long as possible.

Will do

if you're pushing the hardware enough that you need a cooling pad, just use a desktop
the entire point of a laptop is mobility, and that decreases when you have to carry around a bunch of extra crap

Not even that, I live in Las Vegas and it's 100 degrees most of the time.
If you want to do work outside it can be an issue no matter what. Besides, if carrying shit is an issue that's what a bag is for.

Take battery out
Unplug
Hold power button for 15 seconds
Plug in
Hold power button.

Now your computer is on.

Your battery was fucked
Thank me later

How did you do this on a laptop?

What part of "I've already fucking done this eight times" did you not understand? We figured out its the MoBo and I just needed to suck it up and buy a new one.

I meant thermal paste, sorry.

Unplug it
Pull out the battery
Press and hold power for 10 seconds
Wait a few minutes
Plug cord in, leave battery out.
Turn it on.

I know what you mean. I just meant that laptop mobos are so compact that I can't imagine how you changed the thermal paste. Isn't the entire heat sink integrated into the mobo?

You should rub it around on that carpet some more.

Put in battery upside down
If it doesn't fit, make it
Unplug
Push power button with carrot
Plug into the door
Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

Or something.

Hi I just wanted to repy. I don't know what's going on but you know, i just like to feel like I'm helping

Kinda but I pulled it out and replaced it. My laptop was fucked one way or the other so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Ram failing would result in crash. powering ram off would only wipe it's memory, kinda what it's designed to do.

also, if it's not the ram, you probably plew a controller and are thus fucked.

Already bought a new laptop. No reason to keep this thing suffering any longer.

nigger

had the same problem a few years ago.. your cpu is gone OP

Lol. Like what happened to mine.
Yo OP, try getting the hard drive out and use it on another pc. There might be a problem there too.

Put it in your pool. It'll take a mattress to get it out.