youtube.com/watch?v=pBR2KeMfCaI
youtu.be/4FjRyV-Mqh4
youtube.com/watch?v=ToaqW28CV6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not an argument

youtube.com/watch?v=pBR2KeMfCaI

*drops mic*

make this thread

no thanks ill enjoy not breaking my high e string from tuning up thank u very much

>Can't name more than 1-2 albums of their "favourite" band

Faggots that make this thread. Faggot.

making this thread over and over again

t.assblasted "guitarists"
you defend the use of the capo because you need it to play wonderwall during recess at the quad, or in front of the library

i play keys desu

me too

there's no reason to not use a capo

only a fool would limit themselves

this desu famalam

i am pretty shit at guitar though i have one and im not very good compared to a piano or keyboard

What good is capo even for

Just fucking bar that fret sissy

>using a capo
>under any circumstances EVER
imo how's your indie band coming you fucking dorks

>drummer wears "drummer" gloves and "drummer" shoes

People wearing t shirts of bands they don't listen to.

i dont get it

he's not playing with other people so what does it matter? the strings are of course only relative to themselves so why in the fuck does a half step matter? thats literally the most retarded fucking thing I've ever seen.

I don't use a capo but making the same thread over and over is just desperate

Thats considered a fashion statement now though. Mumble rappers and street wear kids love that shit

Bar chords and open chords sound different, pleb.

dubs speak the truth

Capo's useless either way

wut

When people are actually to trying to discuss and listen to music.
Gosh I hate when that happens

>Ian Anderson
>Bad musician
OP your opinion is wrong and you need to rethink the way you evaluate musicians

not knowing what a chord is

G and G barred sounds different

But it's only a teeny weeny different

"...uh ...uh ...yeah but, like, you're wrong!"

>"drummer" shoes
Hi. Drummer here.
That's a thing??

I can kinda get 'gloves' since holding the sticks can hurt like a bitch after a while but drummer shoes???

Strings vibrate more when they are open, making it sound different than it would if the same note were fingered.
open strings can bleed into the next chord too, you can't do this shit with barre chords, barre chords sound very choppy and aggressive, open chords are more fluid, resonant and pretty.

No it's probably because you reposted this thread either trying to be the person who posted it or trying to maintain an image by reposting your opinion.

It's not just for barre chords. See, what you may not know what with not being a real musician and all is the clever usage and utilization of a capotasto or "capo" can change the tuning and pitch of an instrument. It allows for music to be more easily played, or music that couldn't be played at all to be feasible. Take this for example:

Whether or not he is playing solo is entirely irrelevant. You do realize that people play with a capo solo and/or with group all the time, right? This particular song is in F so to make it easier to play/less strenuous on the hand/arm a capo is an easy solution. To play the same song without a capo would be exhausting, and might not even possible.

>I have no idea what I am talking about but I will continue anyway tralalalala

You're all retarded, just use inversions. Capo's limit you.

I don't care for them but there's nothing wrong with using the damn thing. I think you're over reacting. There are many great players that use a capo sometimes and some use one all the time. Those people are definitely not "limited."

Literally the only thing that changes is that the scale length gets shorter. That's it. This is a bullshit argument.

It limits you from an objective standpoint. You cut yourself off from entire octaves of pitches.

>scale length gets shorter
Scale length? lol. You can still play entire scales, just goes to show you have next to 0 music theory knowledge and have no clue what you're talking about. You limit yourself on octaves of pitches. You could just be using inversions to get the exact same effect as you do with a capo.

Capo's are for the lazy who don't know their inversions and the notes along the fretboard.

Many skilled players use capos for some songs. Just look at Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour.

Wow, good point. I think you do the same by not having a guitar that is twelve feet long. Gotta have those pitches, right? You're a limited player dude, get with the times. Twelve foot guitars are the real musicians instrument.

dumbass

and that limits you. Thanks for proving my point

Perhaps, but as I said, it doesn't seem to be a problem for many people. Just because you are removing notes or whatever it is you are even saying doesn't make the instrument to where it can't be played. It just makes it less playable.

Good joke, one post ago you didn't even know what scale length was

The mental gymnastics are strong with you if you can really convince yourself that it was your "point"

Refusing to use capos limits you more than anything else. You're smart for not allowing them to become a crutch for you, but flat out rejecting them is just stubborn. There are plenty of voicings and parts that simply can't be transposed without a capo.

That is my point, that you have less access to all the pitches available.

Why have a capo when you can use inversions.

>Refusing to use capos limits you more than anything else

Inversions, idiot .

>Capo's are for the lazy
Or maybe some people want to play a song that isn't conducive to EADGBe tuning so they use a capo to alter the tuning. Or maybe some one wants to get creative and try something new. I guess that is scary for you. Wow so innovative I know huh?

And yet here you are living in the past, still using a regular size guitar instead of a twelve footer. If the amount of pitches available to you was really as important as you're pretending it is you'd join us in the twelve footer gang. Poseur.

>Thinking your special for knowing what a chord is

Great example

haha what the fuck?

look at OPs photo and play that chord in any other way besides the way show. you cant. you might be able to play a different voicing, but it wont sound exactly the same.

Literally who

That literally means nothing for the examples I brought up. Look at cluster voicings that depend on open strings like the kind Pat Metheny uses often. Explain to me how "inversions" can solve anything if you want to move things up a half step.

because inversions dont sound the same as their sister chords lol.

an inversion =/= the same chord. it might have he same name, but the octave changes give a whole new feel esp on an instrument where the sonics of a note change drastically depending on the string

Woo wee I thought you were retarded before but this post takes the cake.

Capos are useful for whatever the fuck you want to use them for, judging another player for using a tool that you don't like is the cringiest form of autism.

>when you make a thread and abandon it because you get btfo by everyone and then go post your OP pic in /gg/.

lol

I may not be a genius at the guitar, but I know enough to know that's a load of shit.

nick drake would like to have a word with you

>You do realize that people play with a capo solo all the time, right?
yeah when they're singing

otherwise a literal half step matters absolutely fuck all. durr it sounds just like da song. At least for his sake I hope thats a cover. Otherwise he literally needs to off himself.

and actually I wouldnt be surprised if it was a cover of a copy of a recording. In other words, he's literally playing it with a capo because some random idiot somewhere in the world has a broken record player playing everything one half step too fast. It's actually fairly common.

ITT people don't realize that a capo can be removed while playing. You don't have to play an entire song with or without it. Retards

Not using a capo because of your gay little penis reasons is more pathetic than using one

/thread

ITT people with limited understanding of how music actually works. timbre changes how music sounds. capos change timbre, therefore they change how music sounds. plus, if a capo can allow a musician to play something less strenuously it therefore makes it easier for them to play other difficult aspects of the music more easily. most instruments have a degree of physical strain associated with playing them, and something that diminishes that strain is LESS limiting, not more so.

The truly great can make beauty with even the harshest of limitations.

it's also pretty well substantiated that limitations can actually fuel incredible artistic innovation. Brian Eno in particular was a huge supporter of this idea, and he's had his fingers in some of the most musically brilliant pies of the last century. often with music, as with writing, making smart limitations is the hard part, not coming up with ideas in the first place

>a capo can be removed while playing. You don't have to play an entire song with or without it.
it would be the first time I've ever seen that.

also

also

meant to link

holy shit

t. just picked up guitar and cant play bar chords

bar chords arent even hard what are you on

youtu.be/4FjRyV-Mqh4

Like the song, but the beginning just makes me question whether she knows what she's doing

are people seriously arguing about the use of capos or is this a new post ironic metabaitmeme i m not aware of ?
youtube.com/watch?v=ToaqW28CV6o

>ITT peopole who don't actually know shit about playing the guitar

Being a great guitar player involves using the least amount of movement and physical stress to play a piece. Capos can assist that. Being able to play something in a more complicated and obtuse way simply so you can show how dexterous and fast your fingers are just makes you look stupid. And like other anons said, timbre makes a difference; playing an open e versus playing a e on the 9th fret of the 3rd string sound quite different.

There is just a bunch of poor shitposting going on here.

having more than 3 pedals

having less than 6 pedals

having more than 0 pedals

>a bunch of poor shitposting
Sup Forums in a nutshell
this is literally a Sup Forums tier shitposting from OP
Today OP was a faggot.
KYS OP.

>quoting classical theory just so you can strum 2 open chords cuz you got bitch fingers
hmmm

Capos are like guitar condoms,they have their use but nobody want to see you use one in action.