Finally starting to listen to DG. Starting with NOTM, then moving to Jenny Death to finish the double album...

Finally starting to listen to DG. Starting with NOTM, then moving to Jenny Death to finish the double album. Where should I go next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1myDEKy7gs
youtube.com/watch?v=qqiMZULyhEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

limp bizkit

money store
exmil
nldw
govermnent plates

just start with exmil and go through their shit chronologically. watch how their sound changes.

though the real DG experience occurred in real time when they were releasing all of that shit, fucking with people on Sup Forums and social media and bailing on shows.

if you liked NOTM more, probably GP
if you liked JD more, start chronologically from the beginning

[honestly though just go chronologically]

zing!

Wish I wasn't a newfag here, was it fun?
Thanks for the advice. Looking for more experimental hip hop with interesting sampling techniques, so I though DG would be right up my alley.

You'd love ExM then. The way they sampled Pet Shop Boys on that album is one of my favorite samples of all time.

Also, if you're a fan of punk in general you're in for a treat. They've sampled Black Flag and Wire. The latter is pretty mesmerizing if you recognize it instantly.

>They've sampled Black Flag
No way. With the Henry Rollins vocals or just instrumentals?

No don't listen to notm first save that for last. notm is the greatest thing they have ever done. Just listen cronologically but notm last ;)

>death grips
>agatha

kill yourself faggot

God, I wish I was you.

the hype was real. it was truly a phenomenon.

it's just the instrumental to Rise Above

I think he means "I want it I need it" sampled the riff from interstellar overdrive which black flag used too

Just listen to the music retard. They don't have that many albums

>retard
Mean.
youtube.com/watch?v=t1myDEKy7gs

No they literally sampled from the most popular Black Flag song of all time lol

this but unironically

>Wish I wasn't a newfag here, was it fun?
Hell yeah

do you guys have a favorite among these "rare and obscure" tracks?

i really like poser killer, face melter and true vulture

youtube.com/watch?v=qqiMZULyhEc

Old person here, I remember when Counterfeit came out (I think they got in some hot water for paying a radio station to play it x amount of times), it was EXACTLY like the release of Exmilitary. Shithead millennials with no experience or perspective will think "haha no you troll, those bands are shitty and Death Grips is unique and edgy," but to me, someone much smarter and experienced than you that's seen it all before, it's really just the same shit, Death Grips, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, not even saying those bands are necessarily bad, they are just the same band built for a different generation.

>everyone on Sup Forums seems to be looking for distractions and entertainment because they hav trouble in real life
>they want to fit in somewhere

based old man

>orbiting a lesbian kike

Of all underage, autistic, jewish, female youtubers, agatha is my favorite but let's not post about her here thanks

don't you ever define my relationship to her

How do you knew she's a jewish lesbian?

You're not wrong. They've reformatted an appeal that's been around for decades for the modern generation.

The primary difference with Death Grips though is that there's established talent (Zach Hill) behind it, and their experimentation has branched beyond the boundaries of the genre they've rooted themselves in (hence, GP and NOTM).

>let's not post about her here thanks
why? you realize you're only encouraging me right? or is this reverse psychology? well played.

Because she's said it herself

she said she's a lesbian?

is this the aggy thread

yeah, several times in the comments

So all in all, fact is, superficial appeal != artistic merit. I'm 29, so I see where you're coming from, but saying "Death Grips is the modern Limp Bizkit" is just a futile observation.

oh, thanks ;_;

>superficial appeal != artistic merit
yeah
too bad they suck at the latter

>provokes discussion via an interesting and valid analysis of a band
>lol they suck though
Why do you people exist? I sincerely hope you aren't for the sake of intellectual integrity.

he's not wrong you know

death grips is shit

agree

yes, I'm not that old man

funny, but i've been here longer than DG has been a band

you've come to the wrong website
>>>/reddit/

>been here for 5+ years
>still hasn't gotten over his nondescript hateboner for Death Grips
More embarrassing than actually listening to the band could conceivably be.

not being obsessed with this shitty band ≠ hateboner

Keep telling yourself that.

>been here for 5+ years
>hasn't stopped giving a shit that other people give a shit about this band
Again, I assert, how embarrassing

not liking ≠ hating you underage idiot

>19 posters

Yet you're here adamantly defending your position that this band is shit. Milk this argument as much as you want, it's embarrassing how much of a dullard you are.

>decent discussion
>*autistic shrieking*
evryteim

it's embarrassing to be a deathgripsfag

-->now that we've officially come full circle, is there something else you'd like to get off your chest?

it's basically a grimes thread
the only difference is that haters don't talk how ugly mc ride is

there's no substance, just style
their music is mediocre:

1. mc ride's lyrics are either cringe or some nonsense for angsty teens

2. the sampling is nothing special, I don't get why dg claim that it's something groundbreaking, the production in general is just grimes-tier, they even make similar textures with the only difference is that dg's drum programming is more aggressive but still danceable

3. I can't deny that zach hill is an amazing drummer, but you barely can hear him showing what he can do with drims, most of the time it's either drum machine, or he's drumming really simplistic (most tracks on JD)

in the end NOTM is the only dg album worth mentioning due to its technical part and how it was made

If you guys hate DG so much, why don't you just hide the thread? How would you feel if some dickhead came and derailed a thread you were enjoying with the same fucking argument every time? Just fuck off.

Yes, since this train has crashed off the track by a fucking longshot.

What's your favorite Agatha vid? I really like her first one, don't know why she deleted it.