16GB Ram
GTX 1060
3200x1800
SSD
i7-6700
not even 2kg

There is nothing better than that atm.
Proove me wrong

Yeah, looked at it an it honestly appeals to me. Just need to cover up that fucking hideous Razer logo. In the market for a new laptop in a few months when insurance pays out.

yeah but that costs a frickin kajillion dolars
dont gaming laptops get really hot anyways
why can't you just get a desktop that's much moar powerfilled for even less moneys

I was looking at Dell XPS 15 models, but ended up thinking the Razer was cooler. Not a fan of the dark gamer hardcore play4life style but yeah.

Surface pro are way out of price range, not even talking about apple..

I said proove me wrong, I didn't asked for more proof of this ugly razer being the best.

(i have nothing against the OS, but I do not like the price)

Lenovo yoga 900 is epic bro. 4k display, 16gb ram, i7. 360 hinge and touchscreen. 1350 bucks only

I mean, I don't even need it that powerful, but I seem to keep getting in accidents that aren't my fault. I went through 2 laptops this year already. If people keep wrecking my shit but paying for it, why not fucking treat myself.

I just sold a RoG in order to get something easier to transport, but I still need good gears, gaming is definitly not the main feature, but I believe even if the razer is overkill, still best value for money.

Compared to macbook/surface pro/ XPS 15

5 seconds battery life?

I just bought a MSI Stealth Pro GS73VR 4K.
Not as light but still a kick-ass machine...

what about the GPU?

I hardly trust Lenovo tho. I would rather go for Dell XPS 13 at this point wich are nearly the same thing. (bad experiences with lenovo in the past)

There is a thing better than that - A good social life

Lenovo is shady as fuck though. Don't trust them and don't suggest anyone to do so.

Better battery life than the XPS 15 but the XPS has worst config.

The only ones capables to do better are surface and mac, having a 2.4k$ laptop but sacrificing gaming features for a good autonomy really sucks imo.

I laugh every time someone posts a comment like this one. Do you not realize where you are?

>gaming laptop
Kek. Why would you spend 5k on this when you can get a desktop with same/better specs for 1-2k

Seems nice but too big, not getting something bigger than 15"

It's not meant to play mostly dude, computer sciences, plus I like to play sometimes, what's wrong there?

because i don't want to be the guy on the left + i already have one sitting at home.

I want a good computer wich can still run games if i want to without sacrificing portabilty.

and damn this is not 5k, a lot, but not 5k

i heard the new alienware 15 is pretty amazing but it just looks to gamery for me, im also afraid that a razer blade doesnt have good enough cooling

Never liked alienware design.

15" alienwares looks like, small but still really gaming oriented.

Also, i have bad experiences with alienware.

better with pic right

I use a yoga 900. No problems so far. Works great and I love it. Sometimes minor internet connectivity issues but the design is sleek and no real functionality issues. Doesn't have a dedicated graphics card though - intel HD graphics 520 I believe. I can play games on it on medium to high quality with no issue or noticeable lag / loss in frame rate. A bit prone to overheating but very slim and good battery life too. 10 hours usage on average. Can flip and turn it into a tablet whenever you want, or rotate it and turn it into a stand so you can watch a movie or sth at an angle.

>doesn't have one of the most important features that all these have and make them powerful
>screen flexing gimmick that I'm not interested in
And even then, Lenovo itself is a scummy company. Really not interested in whatever they're selling.

does it really have enough cooling + is 1080p or 3200x1800 better?

Asus republic of gamers 12 GB RAM 1tb hard drive i7 core 17" screen led reds key board labtop

quite similar to the XPS 13 but with a i7 instead of i5 but only 2.2Ghz.

Could be Interesting, but I think I really need a dedicated GPU, Lenovo might be shady or what, but seems nice anyway.

Yeah, which model though?

any "gaming" laptop wich is not big has a bad cooling, but this is not meant to be used 10 hours straight on battlefield 1. then you'll need some Asus RoG/MSI/Alienware or a desktop one.

1080p = 1920x1080 pixels
3200x1800 is better.
not best res but still far better.

I just sold my Asus RoG, good one but too big, I can't bring that in my bag. this shit is nearly 5kg + 17" screen and 4cm thick. i like it but i need portability.

watafak
if ur not playin vido gams for laptop y even razire u r stupied

don't worry i'll cover everything in grey and put an apple above the three sneks.

I will also put glasses on and pretend to be good at photoshop while using it.

but i'm actually good at photoshop tho

If it was 17 inches with the exact same specs I would buy it right now.

The blade pro is going to be too rich for me so I am going to have to keep looking.

Maybe the 17" 1070 alienware is worth looking at, they make a small one too that you may want to look at.

I do play vidya but I definitly need portability.

I prefer paint anyway.

basicly my point is to get something smaller than 17 (ideally 15), so it fits on a bag, that has a good config (i7/SSD/16go/integrated GPU/4k), the best battery life possible (>5 hours) but still cheaper than a mac book wich can't even be used for gaming.

Surface pro also cost a shitton so I came to the conclusion razerblade was the current best option.

also the 15" alienware:
- no 4k
- thick
- only 8Go RAM
- no SSD
- not a fan of design
- it's pink

An actual desktop

wich has indeed a wonderful portability, I already have that and I'm tired of bringing a trolley at uni everyday

Wow. tell me specs of that beuty

i will got tomorow used lenovo e530 with ssd and 630m enough for me

That will do the work for sure.

i forgot the price, 260 euro

it's used tho. I'm not into money saving but this is definitly a cool price and a decent enough pc

It's actually pretty shit, I had a comparable laptop like that in 2013. Couldn't really do anything decent.

almost accurate pic, missing the chunky power supply the laptop requires.

fear 2 on high, and even witcher 3 on VERY low.
I like retro games more so i dont need 1060

You're also getting ripped off for 260. It's 3 year old computer hardware which cost 560 in it's time.

Enjoy your overpriced, non-upgradable, "gaming" laptop.
Stick to desktops for gaming, faggots.

both the gpu and cpu are upgradeable in my laptop. I've got both upraded for free since I've bought it few years ago. I just wait for other laptops take a shit and snag their cpu or gpu

Some people have jobs that require travel and can afford dropping $2k every 2 years on a new rig.

>buying a laptop like that every 2 years
U wot m8

32gb ram
GTX 1080
i7-4790k
SSD
Desktop.
suck it.

maybe i3 version cost 500, its i5 3210M version that cost 700/650 at first

Have fun lugging that shit around every day everywhere you go, retard. And you're even more retarded for implying you can't just stick better RAM sticks in a laptop.

what part of "laptop" don't you understand?
I'm using one already since 2 years and so are a lot of people and they're not getting any troubles playing. it's not cheap but that's the price for portability. and they're actually upgradable.

>what part of "laptop" don't you understand?
>I'm using one already since 2 years and so are a lot of people and they're not getting any troubles playing. it's not cheap but that's the price for portability. and they're actually upgradable.
well, limited upgradability

Yea it's time to upgrade from my Alienware M11x anyways!

Goooo razor for actually still making small comps

I cant even afford a fucking best buy laptop

stop buying weed

It's great if you enjoy spending excess money for a brand logo. Just build your own laptop and save a couple hundred bucks. Silly to pay for labor and logos.

>build your own laptop
what

>buying anything from Best Buy

I've sat in store and watched them take advantage of people on countless occasions.

>doesn't know how to build his own laptop

You realize humans build these? It's not very hard.

Yeah, with designed, modular pieces that often aren't interchangeable.

Weed is vastly more important.

>doesn't know how to build his own helicopter

You realize humans build these? It's not very hard.

HP Spectre Pro 13 for ultra poRtability, 4K display at 9 mm thick or HP EliteBook 850 G3 still ultraslim

You have to start from the ground up. You can't go buy a Dell and expect to upgrade it with great success. I've rebuilt Lenovos though if you insist on starting with a base. They're pretty universal.

Or I don't waste my time being an autist.

Until your hinge breaks, or keyboard goes out.. or screen cable and you have to pay a FUCKTON of money to get it fixed just because the parts are so expensive as they are made in much more limited quantity. or you'll have to send it in to razer and... pffffff probably cost you 30% less than the cost of the laptop...

Saving money = being autistic now?

I think you would be the autistic one for wasting money in the first place.

Thats why I have a cheap ex lease generic i5 laptop with ssd and 8gb ram.
Everything apart from the ssd was recycled.
And at home I have comfy setup.
You couldnt make me do anything but work on a laptop.

>1060

no GPU
8go
no 4K?

am i missing something? it looks great tho

wish i could find something decent that could help me build it or even build it for me without having to pay a shit ton for having an unique one. = same result as paying for a brand. Possibilities are too small for that.

instead of talking, show me a way to get a thin 15" with GTX1000+, 16go, SSD, i7, with a good battery life, i could even pay more than for a brand one, but that's the point, it doesn't exist. Show me a way to get the same as the razer blade without paying for the brand and i'll praise you.

It'll be mainly for works, but since i'm on a student room the whole week, damn i still want to play.

Or maybe not finally, idk tbh

Actually might have found something nice

HP Omen 15
1249$
i7 2.6GHz
GTX 965M
3840x2160
16Go
2TB + 128GB SSD
supposed 6hours battery life (supposed?)
0,96in / 2,43 cm for non retarded

maybe not that thin, but still.

For that price I would get a desktop for gaming and a low spec laptop for when I need the portaabillity. I cant see myself playng games anywhere else but at home so why bother with a gaming laptop

Is 4k in a 15 inch screen as good as you guys make it sound? a friand of mine as a lenovo with whatever specs and he's always bragging about how his 4k screen is so good. i look at it and just see stuff too slamm for a screen that size only because of the 4k.

Hp is garbage, that's why it's cheap.

4k is nice, but 15" isn't enough to really appreciate it imo. My eyes are weak so wtf do I know

but playing only during the week end is making me cry.

I have a professor who has a XPS 15 from Dell wich has 4k, damn from 5 or 6 meters away this was one of the smoothiest screen i've ever seen, the render feel so great, i guess you could check one at your local best buy or idk where

that's what i was thinking, sad.

well if you cant get to your desktop to play games then by all means get a gaming laptop if you got the money. I would personally rather buy a motorbike or loads of cocaine and hookers but each to his own

...and from what I have heard the dell xps are suppose to be good. So everyone says anyway

This one

>>nothing better
>>inferior mobile chipsets
GB RAM in 2016

Well, gotta check that out, but even so, i'm 99% of the time with my face less than 1 meter or so from the screen so that wouldn't make a diference.

Joined the thread because i'm looking for a new laptop myself, rocking a 7 or 8 year old HP, 1st gen i5, 4gb ram and a HD5650, need to get another laptop asap as computer science is killing my current one, from dozens of VMs, shitty android studio and rendering crap i don't know how it can still handle some stuff.

I hope the 1050 laptops won't break my ~1000$ budget, or that maybe on black friday i can i can find a good deal on a laptop.

i'm not sure about XPS battery life, and new ones may come in like january but can't/don't want to wait that much.

I have a bike already wich is enough I think, I don't have my license anyway, and I'm not that much attracted by addictive and ephemere pleasures :P

XPS or the razer will probably be the answer at the end, thanks for the input m8.

I'm hesitating between XPS 15 and the razer, both are nice but the XPS battery life is too short apparently according to some people owning one.

If you're not axed into gaming, you could get something such as Dell XPS 13 or even a XPS 15 without the 4k.

Still over 1000 bucks but I have no idea at the 1000 price range, havn't checked anything at this price.

Up to you but at home I have a 6700k, 1070, 16GB Ram, SSD+RAID0 HDD.
The periphals are the main part that really make desktops better for me.
I have a 25" 2K monitor, decent mouse with big pad and Cooler Master Mech Keyboard.
Its just comfy as hell. I fucking hate laptops.
You can build desktops pretty small now to, and they dont default to shit after two years.

And I just really hate desktops tbh. Everyone has their preference.

Razer
Thermal throttling
1060m

My main concern with a new laptop is i'd like that it last for at least 5 or 6 years, maybe then i won't need such a good laptop and can give myself the luxury of having a desktop. As for now, with college, i don't have much room for one, neither much money to have a laptop and a desktop.

Im not 100% sure but I think you can hook up 4k moniters with the i3.
The thing that really puts me f the i3 tho is the keyboard. My current laptop has the same style keys and I dont like them one bit.
I thought the bat life was suppose to be good, like 10hrs or something.
The thing with razor is you are paying extra just for the name. If you could get a laptop that is the same spec as a razor but different make and cheaper would you go with that option or get the razor? Interested to hear

>4k is an absolute meme on a laptop.
Your just going to have to blow everything up so it can be seen.
So you gain 0 real estate, and you could barely tell the difference between 1080 and 4k on a 15'' Laptop.
>4k should be 32" or more
>2k should be 24" or more
>1080 is good up to 24"
Squeezing more pixels into a small box gains nothing.

Tell that to smartphone screens, dumbass.