Rock music died when Kurt Cobain died

Rock music died when Kurt Cobain died.

There are zero good rock albums in the 2010s, and only a handful in the 2000s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GrB-tTKxY6w&list=PL2F2E18CDA28CD0C8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nigga got C's. I honestly think The strokes are better

Translation: I only listen to rock bands who have at least one top 10 hit.

false.

translation: i'm a gay

Rock is shit. Glad it's dead.

Hip-hop died when Eminem died.

ok so what's your definition of rock here

you're retarded

Don't really listen to much rock anymore, but I hear the Metal scene is still churning out good albums if you're into that.

pretty good album. one of the very few since the 90s.

dude how narrow is your definition of rock if you can't think of almost any good rock albums since the 90's? Car Seat Headrest? Mitski? The National? The Strokes? Bon Iver? White Stripes? David Bowie? Beck? DIIV? Modest Mouse? MBV? Radiohead? Big Thief? Alvvays? Bare Jr.? Wilco? Broken Social Scene? Arcade Fire?

Are truly none of those artists "rock" to you?

of course you're a buttrock enthusiast you prematurely senile tool

/thread

>t. a junkie.

the strokes, radiohead, and arcade fire. each of those bands has one good album in the 2000s.

read the OP again.

yeah, i read the OP fine dude. those are really the only three artists you would choose as rock from the ones I listed? and you think each one has only one good album? and you think for arcade fire and radiohead that one good album wasn't released in the 2010's?

I'm just not buying this.

that's correct.

what genre would you call most of those other artists then? specifically like car seat headrest, wilco, mitski, or Big Thief?

also, what's your quintessential rock album if these aren't cutting it?

Nirvana sucks anyway, literally Kurt's claim to fame was managing to hook pop verses to punk sounds. Musically, they sucked shit, quit being a teenage girl, or show trap boipucci.

>nirvana sucks, literally the only thing he was good at was making famous an incredibly influential sound responsible for some of the best music of the last 25 years

When Eminem dies, I truly believe Hopsin will take his place as the god of rap, just like Em did with 2pac.

Holy shit. I just turned 27 recently and I haven't done anything with my life. What do I do now?

Check out The Front Bottoms my man anyway if you cant think of any good bands from the 2010s you are a fucking retard

>Nirvana sucks
Maybe you just have shit taste m8 sounds like it

except only hopsin likes hopsin. He has talent, but nobody likes that dude.

hopsin is like the rap version of a talented instrumentalist who struggles to make meaningful music. his stuff is super cringey to most, like the whole "enlightened" take on the "fuccboi lifestyle" and the goddamn white contact lenses just make my skeleton leap out of my body every time i hear his music. like i get he's a relatively technical rapper but gd do his lyrics leave a lot to be desired

This wanker dying in the fashion he did was fucking brilliant

or, and this is just a thought, you don't know jack shit about music and you are too lazy to actually find good new things

hint: it's not hard

op is a retard but your taste is pretty bad

he's not saying the rest aren't rock, he's saying they are bad you illiterate underage moron

i'm not even really into half of those bands, i was just trying to pick touchstone bands that most on this board would know and consider "rock". the odds of someone thinking none of those bands were rock and/or they had exclusively produced bad albums seems slim to me.

He didn't actually specify why the others were disqualified, but them all being uniformly bad as opposed to not "rock" is actually a less defensible opinion, imo. I was trying to be charitable.

>managing

> implying

meme album

Fucking this. That Hopsin faggot talks about how he is so much better than everyone and don't do drugs or this that and the other thing.

Eminem talked about this:
I was born with a dick in my brain, yeah fucked in the head
My stepfather said that I sucked in the bed
'Til one night he snuck in and said
"We're goin' out back, I want my dick sucked in the shed"
Can we just play with Teddy Ruxpin instead?
"After I fuck you in the butt, get some head
Bust a nut, get some rest"
The next day, my mother said
"I don't know what the fuck's UP with this kid!
The bastard won't even eat nothing, he's fed
He just hung himself in the bedroom, he's dead!"

nice meme

i hope this isn't OP otherwise you're just a walking caricature of a 9gag wrong generationationalist

NMH is better

Make the next nirvana. Literally just do it already

>rock

Good riddance, rock music was never good anyway.

*at least one good album

Ftfy

It still boggles me to think that people used to listen to nirvana unironically for pleasure. Their songs are good for about 10 seconds then get boring quickly. I giess that's just conventional rock music in general though.

Earth is a rock band and they are better than anybody in the rock scene right now.

Josh Homme is a libertarian buttrock producer. The definition of a tool.

Nice opinion, dumb cuck. You should just search better.

>People fall for this shit

This, the metal scene is the only subset of rock with bands still doing consistently interesting stuff

That being said it also has tons of bands that've been doing the exact same thing for 30 years

Literal reddit opinion

Isn't that the drummer from Foo Fighters?

Rock has been dead since the 80's. A few good albums here and there but few and far in between.

If by "Rock died when Kurt Cobain died" you mean when Nirvana broke up after Kurt died every label under the fucking sun signed a shitty, bland post-grunge band to be the next Nirvana-- then yeah, you're kind of correct.

Post-grunge was the catharsis for rock falling out of favor in the mainstream.

Nonsense.

Go get a Howling Hex record. Go get The Silence records. There's a bunch of stuff being released all the time.

No, rock music died when The Strokes released 'Is This It'

Nonagon infinity opens the door

AHAHAHAHAHA

>liking metal past the age of 18

Except Ghost. They're alright.

>Except Ghost. They're alright.
>liking Scooby Doo past the age of 18

Real talk, what are some good modern bands.

Is this for strengthening OP's opinion?

foo fighters, nickelback
they continue the Kurt's mission

Who is this semen demon?

Was about to post this
This is a far better album than anything Nirvana or their contemporaries have ever made

agreed , i blame jew gold.

fuck off

Nirvana is overrated

This.

grunge turned acoustic guitar rock into gay shit

this is why we will never have a new animals album

>implying rock didn't died with Oasis

quit saddling us with your ignorance.

youtube.com/watch?v=GrB-tTKxY6w&list=PL2F2E18CDA28CD0C8

>Josh 'normie' Homme uses Suehiro Maruo artwork for his album.

I really wish this faggot would die a horrible death already.