Trying to learn Italian here but I can't rolll my R's. Any tips?

Trying to learn Italian here but I can't rolll my R's. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt_w0GAfgE
youtube.com/watch?v=K9eN2B7Wj68
youtube.com/watch?v=gvKPter9ftE
youtube.com/watch?v=dXNpwTlZSGE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ask your undocumented neighbour how

Tip:

Learn it or stick with the retarded people's languages

roll your r's

Learn phonology.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt_w0GAfgE

don't roll your R's, a lot of Italians can't either, and we don't give a shit about accents as long as we can understand you, actually we love accents, keep yours.

Hahahahaha How The Fuck Is That A Problem Hahahahaha Nigga Just Roll Your R's Like Nigga Just Make The Sound Hahahaha

no, but if it makes you feel better it is the hardest thing to learn, it isnt rare for 5 year old kids to be unable to pronounce it and sending them to some kind of speech therapist.

also, there must be hundreds of videos of how to roll your rs in youtube, but mainly for people learning Spanish. Some are Teletubbies style videos for little kids.

just search how to trill your r in youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=K9eN2B7Wj68

>roll my R's.
>Learning Italian

Are you sure you'r not trying to learn French?

Dont lose your mind over rolling your Rs. You will be understood anyway.

Learning to pronounce GL is more important I think.

Imagine you're growling like a dog but using your tongue to make r sound.

I thought it was a meme that Anglos can't roll their r's but I've never known someone beyond the age of 10 who couldn't do it. Maybe it's an American thing

Just keep practicing, and be thankful it's not Spanish.

Did you try getting good? Honestly if you know what the motion is meant to look like with mouth + tongue shape then just keep trying to do it, you should eventually get it

i honestly never met an anglo who could roll r correctly

Nah it's a white people thing, you wouldn't understand, Pajeet.

>tfw sound like a retarded pirate when I try to roll r's

Give an example of a sentence where you have to roll your R's. I find French hard, but Spanish and Italian are quite easy to pronounce, from my experience.

eat spaghetti until you can do it

You don't roll your R's in French. Not anymore, anyways.

>mfw it naturally clung to me when I was 4 from watching my mom's friend show off

Much like you don't type ''anyway'' anyway?

Yea. Listen.

Gently place the tip of your tongue against your palate and then pronounce "Ferrari". Move the tip of your tongue step by step towards your upper front teeth until it sounds right. It's somewhere around at the ridge of your palate, before your front teeth.

Now, practice that very position of your tongue with different words. It must become something almost a reflex for "rolling rs".

Ferrari can't get you wrong. It's that particular Italian r sound. A soft rolling r. Single r (ricotta) is about the same as double r (Ferrari), soft r in both. The difference is simply duration.

Fleeing duration. You might want to pay attention in this bit.

For some reason I've never seen a Brit having a problem with what folks call "rolled r" (so a tap or a trill).

Americans on the other hand seem to have a problem with it, even though logically you would expect THEM to be better at it, with all that Mexican Spanish in their country and popular culture.

What? "Anyways" can be used to mean something like "at least," or "to be more specific". It's idiomatic and colloquial, but stil valid and used rather frequently.

Sorry you're triggered by colloquial speech

How do you increase duration? I can only roll my R for about 0.25-0.5 seconds

M8 you Decrease it from double r to single r. From ferrari to ricotta. That's your challenge.

The r doesn't ever slosh, the r is soft yet almost smooth rocky and quite dry.

Yea, English language background doesn't support this. You are genuinely facing something you have never done before.

It's your personal mission. Just listen to those words and try to reproduce them.

>Implying any Anglo can roll their Rs
Try this
Erre con erre cigarro, erre con erre barril, rápido corren los carros cargados de azúcar del ferrocarril

>tfw can't roll my R's without sounding like an arabian sand nigger

People like you are the reason I'm learning italian and not French. You're both sexy, but if you learn french you have to deal with fucking french people, and they're 80% rude faggots. I have never met a single italian who isn't super kind, tolerant and down to earth. Keep it up mate.

Anybody at a noob level like 3-15% fluency who wants to practice on kik just add me with a ciaò.

throwmeouttoday

>Knew Spanish
>Forgot how to roll my r's
Can I ever get it back?

It would truly be the best country if not for all the French people.

What's funny is we have the r flap thing in our accent (the t in water), and I think most Americans could make a trilled r sound if asked, but we have a lot of trouble using it in regular speech.

youtube.com/watch?v=gvKPter9ftE

listen more of this guy, he had an awesome rolled r.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXNpwTlZSGE

I couldn't do it properly until I was about 12.

It just comes naturally I guess.

I never understood how this could be a problem.

>natively trill
>learning foreign languages
>have to learn how to tap the roof of my mouth only once
>can't fucking do it
>tongue is a like ruler place on the edge of a desk, it won't wabba-wabba just once

>4 different types of R in my language, depending on the word
>foreigners don't have the mental capacity to understand that and only use a single type of R
>all foreign accents sound retarded as fuck an uninteligible
>gringos still ask why we rob and murder them

tell me a basic word where rolling r's is essential