Where was Gondor when the westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us?

>Where was Gondor when the westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us?

Oh, only spending their blood fighting off the hordes of Mordor for the last 3000 years keeping you safe, you ungrateful twat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc
youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU&start1=160&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE0ukoL7sW8&start2=85&authorName=METAL THEODEN
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They were doing fuck all under the rule of Denethor, who was a twat.

>Where was Gon-
what did he mean by this?

>fuck all

youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc

>"shit I can't think of any other examples"

well done gondor well done HOWEVER

it wasnt think of other examples thats literally retarded, there is a writer behind him who wrote the line who could invent any example in pre production

it was to show his frustration and anger, that the negativity was clouding his mind so much that he couldnt even string a sentence together.

What was the point of making a ring? Didn't it just put Sauron's existing power into a destructible object?

Now where was Rohan when Anor fell?

you have some serious autism there my friend

>the hordes of Mordor for the last 3000 years
I...

fighting the white walkers and shit

>Faramir managed to lose Osgiliath twice in his lifetime

Denethor was right to mistrust this Loser. How many cities did he lose in the 4th Age?

Who am I gambling ?

nigga did you see how many orcs attacked that place

Me. Arrr een. Six mirrion

>Gamling will never fight Glaurung with Glamdring while Glorfindel was gambling on his glamourous gambol.

looks like Gondor is back on the menu boys

Worst GoT thread ever.

F**king epic dude xD

Aragorn should have told him Gondor was where it had always been, then shown him a map and politely and calmly explained that geographical locations don't tend to move around much.

>you will never see the war of the wrath
It's not even possible to generate something like that on a computer.

wiki says the orcs pretty much moved in without a fight and then gondor moved back in without a fight.

Orcs were just testing how weak men were

Why does Theoden have such an amazing presence? He's not even on screen for that long but you can really feel the weight of responsibility weighing down on him.

>Alas, that these evil days should be mine. The young perish and the old linger. That I should live to see that last days of my house.
;_;

Has there ever been a series of movies with such wide-reaching appeal before? Sure you'll find detractors, you'll always find detractors, but the sheer scope of people that love these movies is really amazing. People from 8-80, across cultural boundaries, from plebs to patricians, and even snobbish film critics, fucking love these movies.

GoT

Power amplifier. Saruman could be vanquished by just having his throat slit. Sauron could never be truly defeated until the Ring was destroyed.

It was also needed so he could control the other Rings of Power through telepathy. Anyone who wore a Ring of Power would be extremely susceptible to being mentally enslaved by Sauron.

>Saruman could be vanquished by just having his throat slit

That's wrong.

Because Bernard Hill is a fucking great, underappreciated actor.

Saruman doesn't have a throat, only his outfit does.

Hill's an absolute master of his craft. There aren't many people who could have even made some of his lines believable, let alone so stirring.

Do lots of drugs breh. let your mind be unshackled.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0

Yes, Yes Well done Aragorn.

HOWEVER
O E
W V
E E
V W
E O
REVEWOH

JAJAJAJAJA

Sauron made the rings (the "7 to the dwarf lords and 9 to men" you hear in the Fellowship intro) to give to the elves. He wanted to take over the elves secretly. He linked the 16 to the one ring, but in order to take control of the others wearing the other rings he had to put a huge amount of his own power into his own.

His plan fails but he's still godly powerful with the ring if he has it.

Underrated post desu

Every goddam time.

explain??

>Where was The West when London was burning, when the Muslims closed in around us? When 1400 british girls were tortured and raped in Rotherham. When they beheaded Lee Rigby in the street? When the butchered hundreds at the Bataclan in the name of Islam and people did nothing. When every day they grow louder and bolder. Where were the men of the west when we needed them most?

Simbelmeyme. Ever has it grown on the threads of my foreposters.

Criminally underrated post

PERHAPS YOU THOUGHT I WAS BLUFFING MR BOND

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU&start1=160&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE0ukoL7sW8&start2=85&authorName=METAL THEODEN

Tell that to Beleriand and Numenor.

so sauron was the eye right? or was he in human form in the tower

>Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains; like wind in the meadow.

>The days have come down in the West... Over the hills... into shadow.....

>How did it come to this?

Average man of steel fan humor I guess.

MY MASTER, SAURON THE GREAT BIDS THEE WELCOME.

IS THERE ANY IN THIS ROUT WITH AUTHORITY TO MEME WITH ME?

What a gaylord scene. Why is he crying?

becuase his only son is dead and no there are no heirs to carry his house

What does Gandalf say near the end?

What the fuck is even the westfold?

This. Not even memeing but him not even being on the Oscars shortlists proves that certain genres never get nominated. Pic related.

It's Western Rohan, it's where Helms Deep is

Star Wars

Cheesy as fuck. kek @ armchair warriors fantasizing about le epik battles and feudal times.

Muhammed pls go

consider suicide

War of the wrath was a war on the First age of middle earth between the forces of good and evil.

Evil
Commanders
>Morgoth, Sauron, Ancalagon† Lungorthin, Thuringwethil
Strength
>The remainder of the Dark Powers; an unknown millions of Orcs, the remaining Balrogs of Angband, countless thousands of Wolves, Werewolves, Wargs and Warg-Riders, flightless Dragons, Serpents, Wraiths, Vampires and other Evil Demons. Later reinforced by the hosts of winged Dragons.

Good
Commanders
>Eönwë, Finarfin, Ingwion, Eärendil, Thorondor, Edain Commanders, Dwarf Commanders
Strength
>Uncertain; The greatest host ever assembled by Men and Elves;
undoubtedly Hundreds of thousands of Elves, Edain and Dwarves; an unknown number of Valar and Maiar from Valinor. Later reinforced by the Great Eagles

I can't even imagine. My mind would be blown away.

PS: in LOTR, a balrog was one of the strongest beings alive at the time, even gandalf a Maiar was afraid of him.
In the First age, it was just, one more.

I'm pretty sure it's an Elvish blessing.

Boromir would've won

>nothing
Rebuilding the forts
Raiding in Ithilien
Recapturing Osgiliath
Fighting Corsairs
Fighting Easterlings

The wiki is written by massive retards and underages

He could ask the same thing about the eagles

The concept of a balrog changed between then and Lord of the Rings. Tolkien later wrote that there should only be 3-7 Balrogs

>countless thousands
>unkown millions
Dude so epic wow just like 40k

I don't know where Gondor was, but I know YOU were sitting on your wooden throne shitting your pants getting mind fucked by Saruman

until we came to bail your sad old ass out

Why did he destroy the others?

Top zozzle

He didn't. The Nazgul are wearing the 9 rings of men and dragons ate the dwarven rings

the dwarves proved resistant to his mental control and their rings got lost or destroyed by dragons over the centuries

the 9 are the nazgul

the elven 3 are still around, galadriel, elrond and gandalf each have one IIRC

were you watching the bond marathon earlier too lol?

people like you should be taken out of their beds in the middle of the night outside in the cold rain and shot in the back of their head with no warning.

>Where was Gondor when my son is kill?

My only real problem with the movies is how they made Gondor look shit/weak. Stupid Ghosts.

what happened to the 3rd elf? did he pass his ring onto gandalf?

You got issues if that is your solution to him.

>Saruman could be vanquished by just having his throat slit.
Not really. Just like gandalf and sauron saruman is only in the guise of a mortal.

Remember when wormtongue stabs him and a giant man shaped mist rises from his body and looks west before getting blown away. That was Manwe taking away his ability to take on form again.

Not all the dwarven rings were destroyed. Sauron recovered at least Gror's ring. And maybe other two since he promised the dwarves three rings in exchange for help.
Cirdan the Shipwright gave his ring to Gandalf. But you knew that, didn't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do

This Theoden speech is eerily prophetic desu to current year desu.

where was my pizza, 30 minutes after i ordered it?

Merkel invited the orcs in