Who will be the next Michael Jackson?

Who will be the next Michael Jackson?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfQHEpf2q8k
vimeo.com/143400142
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Desiigner

Bruno Mars has always been disposable while The Weeknd was pretty groundbreaking until fairly recently.

Justin Timberlake.

kanye west

none of them

both of them will be irrelevant when they stop making music

Lil Yachty

Bruno Mars is a better performer by far and can write better pop (even if he does wear his influences on his sleeve).

However, they're both too old to be the next Michael Jackson.

Bieber

This, but the shit he did for that Trolls movie is not leaving a good impression on me.

Yeah hopes aren't high for his next album....

Did he peak with 20/20?

This
He consistently releases hits and solid projects. Views was pretty shitty but it was crazy successful. I get into a lot of heated arguments with one of my friends over drake and his artistic merit. I used to listen to his more frequently but now I just don't listen to that much rap/R&B. But I still recognize and and appreciate most of his works, the dude just knows how to make a good, memorable song. You also can't deny the effect he has had on hip-hop when every other rapper is now singing.
Do you guys think his music will stand in the future?

Child

youtube.com/watch?v=UfQHEpf2q8k

only correct answer

rappers are the new rockstars, and while Drake may be the most popular, Kanye is by far the most influential. Not only in his music but in hiphop culture too.

the talented one

only correct answer he said it himself

This.
>makes great pop music
>can dance well
>can sing well
>has sex appeal

Weekend has a great voice and makes good music but has no sex appeal he's a ugly chubby guy. Bruno can dance and sing but his music is garbage and he's a mega manlet.

look at his tiny fingernails

LOL

Kanye is the Bowie of hip hop

>there are people who unironically think Bruno Mars is a respectable "artist"

The Weeknd has better music, but no stage presense/flare. Bruno Mars has the presence, but his music isn't that great outside a few songs you hear on the radio (i.e. Uptown Funk)

Justin Timberlake has them beat on both ends, and is closest to MJ.

I don't think it's possible for anyone to be the next michael jackson. I don't think it's possible in our age to even become that big of a star and elusive figure.

Nowhere near as popular and accessible, especially after blonde/endless.
That's pretty good

Don't listen to his music/not rly a fan but his latest album was pretty acclaimed critically. But he's not really doing anything fresh or innovative, he's clearly influenced by MJ and tries to emulate his sound/style.

Bruno has more talent in his pinky than this entire board in their collective body. Maybe his music isn't great and maybe he delivers minimal input into the production of such music. BUT there's more to music than just writing and recording it. Performing music is very important and always has been, and no one working today is better at it than Bruno. He really is our James Brown: he's the hardest working man in show business.

he's just a radio performer. He never experimented or even made something slightly innovative, so no reason to call him an artist really. Let alone call him the next MJ.

see Also what you just said is complete bullshit.

bruno might just be the next prince
both were tiny men

no one will be the next michael jackson you silly

it's Corey Feldman

>bruno mars
>the next mj
maximum kek

the answer is Beyoncé

>Bruno Mars has always been disposable
Fuck off, he was never "disposable". I'm tired of people underrating his talents.

Bruno Mars has better music than both The Weeknd and JT. I will argue on that.

How is it complete bullshit? Bruno is extremely talented. It's not his fault YOU decide to ignore him and undermine his talents. It's fucking bullshit.

but does Michael Jackson is gay?

stop

Jackson was a godtier performer thats it
Ye is a godtier producer, thats it

Bruno is not a "radio artist" and was only when he was making pop hits like LOOH or Grenade.
His 3 albums have completely different sounds and he proves he's versatile well-rounded as an artist. IDK why people hate him so much. It's disgusting.

I know the Weeknd has a cult following online so he'll always have people up his ass but what has the Weeknd done but use obscure 80s beats and put a MJ esque voice over it?

>there are people who unironically think Bruno Mars is not a respectable artist

How much of MJ's stuff was ghostwritten?

So how does Bruno have the best performance of the country, have one of the most versatile sounds in music, produce and write his own shit and sing in a 3-4 octave range with the ability to play 7 instruments to have people still calling him "mediocre"?

is it because he's the biggest hit making and record selling male artist of the 10s or is it because he LOOKS safe. Either way, the same people insulting his talent are always those fucking faggot white people who listen to shit hop and trap. Fuck off

I can name zero of his songs.

Then why do people insist on speaking about this man when they don't even listen to his music and barely know about him as an artist? Stop making fucking assumptions, christ.
And that's your own fault you don't know it considering he's a top 10 and #1 hit maker only behind Rihanna herself

Bruno is considered attractive by many women so IDK why men keep speaking on his looks. As far as music that's preference but people lie and numbers dont. Numbers wise his music is very much liked

I meant

i like this answer

but realistically probably chance. maaaybe bruno, but weeknd doesnt have any kind of vision or performative ability. he's just a hook nigga.

No one is the next MJ. However in terms of impact, sales, and talent Bruno could cement his legacy as the biggest pop star of the '10s if only he can get Ed off his back

Michael Jackson is damn near untouchable imo
but the male pop icons of this generation are probably Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars

Bruno mars is white mom music. I promise you nobody under 25 listens to his music, everybody and their mom likes The Weeknd.

I can name top radio hit after top radio hit by the Weeknd, the only one I can name is Just the Way You Are. Which came out years ago.

I think at the end of the day The Weeknd has more lasting and star power than bruno.

Kanye would be even better than MJ if he were actually musically trained. He's gone a long way purely off of just creative ideas

vimeo.com/143400142

Kanye has some of the best stage presence I've even seen, I've seen him 4 times and have never once been disappointed.

lyrics were half/half, all production was done by quincy and co

>Bruno mars is white mom music
More assumptions. You don't know about his lesser known hits and his newest album if you're saying shit like that. Next.

>I promise you nobody under 25 listens to his music, everybody and their mom likes The Weeknd.

Bruno does what the Weeknd can't do and will never do and that's have mass appeal. Go to Stan twitter and look at the crowds of his concerts, you'll see immediately he has different demographics of all ages and races supporting. I mean, how can you sell 120 million records with only 2 albums if you're only popular with one group? Lmao.

And that's just false. I'm sorry. I see people's moms and dads ripping into the Weeknd more than anything. Saying he can't sing, he can't dance, ect. Most of the people who stan him and go to his concerts are almost all the time teenagers and young adults. So much for getting all demographics. Yikes.
Btw is that's why most of his record sales come from the U.S and Canada..? because..

>I think at the end of the day The Weeknd has more lasting and star power than bruno.
Bruno's newer album already outsold the Weeknd's so I doubt it.

*100 million records

Does the weekend have fans outside of high school or college aged girls?

There's the high school and college aged boys that kiss his ass

Can agree with this. Continues to be the centre of attention even when he fades out of the limelight. Music quality is generally relatively good quality and has drastically changed his sound multiple times throughout his extensive career.

I don't particularly like Kanye, but as time goes past, I have to respect his career and eccentricity as he pushes the industry in different directions.

>10:35:37
>10:36:46

Samefag aggressively defending Bruno Mars. He's a shitty, imitating pop artist. Get over it.

>The Weeknd was pretty groundbreaking
shitty is more accurate
Prince is more accurate.

>The Weeknd was pretty groundbreaking
I take it you don't know who Michael jackson is?

Imagine liking a boring artist and defending them on the internet this much.

Yeah, I'm a samefag? And?
I don't like people saying blatant lies about Bruno then admitting they haven't listened to any of his records. FOH

Bruno will continue to sell millions, outsell his tours, make hits, impact pop culture, and cement his legacy. Stay mad wigger

Sorry Bruno is talented so he doesn't need gimmicks and edginess to appeal to meth-addicted white losers who shitpost on Sup Forums everyday

He's not impacted anything. He's always been a wave rider, he makes music that sounds like the in sound of the time. All his releases have done this. His sound changes as the trends do.

He's really nothing special, hes just smart enough to play it safe and make money.

The Weeknd has a bigger impact on music as a whole and from an artistic stand point is far more talented than Bruno will ever be. Burno is disposable pop garbage in the same vine as T swift, and Adele. Compared to The Weeknd, as edgy as Abel's music can be it has more heart than Brunos. The problem is that Abel's lyrical content doesn't aline with traditional nuclear family values which is why people write off his music as abhorrent so often.

I'll take the worst cuts on Starboy than any Bruno song any day.

>He's not impacted anything.
Bullshit.

>He's always been a wave rider, he makes music that sounds like the in sound of the time.

That is only true if you count his biggest hits in 2010-2012.

>All his releases have done this. His sound changes as the trends do.
UJJ and most recently, 24K Magic doesn't sound like the music in the charts. So you're telling me 24K Magic fits the EDM/Tropical/Trap craze right now?

>He's really nothing special, hes just smart enough to play it safe and make money.

He's an amazingly talented performer and a versatile all-round artist. He has produced and wrote for other artists such as Adele. Why are you downplaying him?

>I'll take the worst cuts on Starboy than any Bruno song any day.

this.

Lmao there's no use in arguing with this kid. I bet he thinks Robin Thicc is good and Pharrell Girl was an acceptable album given Pharrell production capabilities.

This guy just cares about sales numbers, and by his logic Ed Sherran and Shawn Mendes will be the ones who go down in history. Even though there was plenty of pop that sold well at the time but never stood the test of time.

Bruno has fans, The Weeknd has stans and at the end of the day that's what really matters.

>The Weeknd has a bigger impact on music as a whole and from an artistic stand point is far more talented than Bruno will ever be.

What has the Weeknd done other than reboot the Progressive RnB/Soul movement that artists such as Aaliyah and Maxwell have started? His sound was given to him by his producers and he's been running with it since. Weeknd's style has relatively unchanged from 2012 but let it be told by his stans he pisses gold and walks on water.

>Burno is disposable pop garbage in the same vine as T swift, and Adele

So you're one of those pretentious stans who discredit an artist just for being mainstream?

> Compared to The Weeknd, as edgy as Abel's music can be it has more heart than Brunos.

Yes, talking about snorting cocaine off of drugged up girls is very heart warming and lovely.

>The problem is that Abel's lyrical content doesn't aline with traditional nuclear family values which is why people write off his music as abhorrent so often.

Yes, so you're one of those pretentious stans.

That's why artists like Rihanna and Madonna have been mainstream? Because they align with traditional nuclear family values? Lolno. Face it, Abel's music is just not mainstream and only appeals to his cultish followers who are obsessed with him.

He lacks mass appeal and international power but thats ok. He's an artist who mostly shines in the studio.

>I'll take the worst cuts on Starboy than any Bruno song any day.
Good for you. The sales don't say that tho

I don't care for Pharrell and Robin Thicke. I do know Pharrell is a producer who has a couple of hits under his belt.

People telling me they don't like X artist so X artist is not popular is stupid. People lie, numbers don't. Seeing if a song stands the test the time is the ultimate validity to the producer's skill of keeping the music cross-generational and fresh to even old listeners.
There are plenty of high selling artists like Avril who have sold many records but are virtually untalked about today. Most people can't hit to the top. If they do they leave pretty quickly. However artists like Bruno and Rihanna have their own classics and they keep on making chart topping and high selling hits.

Most of you guys seem to barely know Bruno and hold something against him for being popular and one of the biggest male artists of this decade. I find that conatarian, stupid, and it's always the same culprits trying the discredit him so it's very transparent to me. But whatever

mj has an otherworldly quality
it might has something to do with the pedophilia allegations or his peter pan complex but while he oozes style it's not clear-cut suaveness/sultriness/machismo/cool, it's much more alien

Not even. The Weeknd's style and sound can distinctly be broken down album by album. Bruno Mars is and always was just straight pop that is just whatever is popular.

I'm not discrediting artists for being mainstream, I'm discrediting them fro being generic. The difference between Gwen Stafani, Rhianna and Ariana Granda is that I can tell when a song is by Rihanna because of her voice, production style and motifs. Bruno doesn't standout in a pop crowd

Most of starboy is about coping with his new found fame, how it's affected his privacy and his life, he has an entire song about wanting to kill himself while getting roadhead. Bruno Mars just talks about dancing? That's it. The Weekend talks about sex in a much more in your face way than other artists talking about "getting them wet and making all of them swallow" most people don't want to hear that kind of stuff compared to Rihanna just saying "sex with me is so amazing" The weeknd is far more in your face and edgier in his lyrics than most popstars which is why lots of people dislike him.

Ps the Weekend is number 5 and Bruno is number 7 in the charts as I'm typing this. Bruno Mars makes background music and that's it really, there's no heart and soul. The Weeknds biggest hits whether they be features or all his own are more of a classic than Uptown Funk will ever be.

Please explain in detail how any one of MBDTF, Yeezus or Pablo were influential to hip-hop musically. If anything the latter two are pathetic attempts at cashing in on current trends and the former never influenced a soul

>The Weeknd's style and sound can distinctly be broken down album by album. Bruno Mars is and always was just straight pop that is just whatever is popular.

Oh? I have listened to both the Weeknd and Bruno's album and mixtapes from when they first started to now. The Weeknd has been making the same music since 2012. Bruno has shifted from several styles in just one album. He is not straight pop.

>I'm not discrediting artists for being mainstream, I'm discrediting them for being generic. The difference between Gwen Stafani, Rhianna and Ariana Granda is that I can tell when a song is by Rihanna because of her voice, production style and motifs. Bruno doesn't standout in a pop crowd

Pray tell then who is Bruno similar to if he's so generic? His voice, production, and motifs stands out in the pop crowd whether you like him or not. This is what the GP recognizes.

>word of text

Typical Weeknd (sta)nboy. Overrating this man. Bruno has respect from older musicians and the industry, the Weeknd only has respect from his obsessive and almost creepy fans who are in his ass all the time. Reminds me of the Hive.

Let me give you a word of truth. EVERY song created by EVERY artist is about their journey, whether they say it or not. That's what the medium DOES. Nearly every artists evolve and progress and their songs tell a journey of their change along with them.

Bruno only sings about dancing? Since when? STOP trying to talk about an artist if you don't know them. It's really that SIMPLE.

>Ps the Weekend is number 5 and Bruno is number 7 in the charts as I'm typing this. Bruno Mars makes background music and that's it really, there's no heart and soul. The Weeknds biggest hits whether they be features or all his own are more of a classic than Uptown Funk will ever be.

The Weeknds songs are classic only because YOU are a Weeknd stan. Bruno's 7 year songs are still played on the radio and on playlists, Weeknd's 2 year songs? Forget it.

By the way that does not discredit my argument. I already admitted the Weeknd has a great market in the U.S and Canada. Starboy is a more popular album than 24K Magic in the U.S and Canada but 24K Magic's sales are both locally and worldwide ahead of Starboy. Bruno's two singles are charting in the BB TOP20 and iTunes right now as we speak.

Weeknd's stans refuse to criticize the Weeknd which is why he's gotten progressively worse with each album and why he has remained stagnant in the material he creates.

Bruno's albums are more critically acclaimed than the previous ones and he gains new fans which each public performance and album drop. All the Weeknd has is brought poptards and deranged stans into his fanbase with his PR relationship with Selena and his weak Starboy album that does no justice to his old music

Lamo, Bruno Mars is on par with Jason Maraz and Jack Johnson. Stop trying so hard kid.

>Bruno's 7 year songs are still played on the radio and on playlists, Weeknd's 2 year songs? Forget it.

I heard Wicked Games on the radio this morning. Also you have to keep in mind that The Weeknd is more hip hop than Bruno while Bruno is more pop which has a wider appeal.

>Bruno only sings about dancing?
I agree with this, he does

But at the end of the day comparing the Weeknd and Bruno is apples to oranges. Bruno is more generic pop and may have more appeal now but The Weeknd will stand the test of time.

bruno mars. simply because he has more widespread appeal. both young and old people like him

>Lamo, Bruno Mars is on par with Jason Maraz and Jack Johnson. Stop trying so hard kid.

I'm assuming that's a 'safe bubblegum artist' because you don't know any better.

>I heard Wicked Games on the radio this morning. Also you have to keep in mind that The Weeknd is more hip hop than Bruno while Bruno is more pop which has a wider appeal.

Stats show Bruno's old albums are still charting on BB and Itunes after years and his singles still continue to get played on the radio after years at a higher frequency than the Weeknd does.

Weeknd and Bruno are both RnB. Do you know any of these artists?

>I agree with this, he does
He really doesn't though. I don't get why people who barely know anything continue speaking on a subject they are mostly ignorant about. I only talk about things I know.

>But at the end of the day comparing the Weeknd and Bruno is apples to oranges. Bruno is more generic pop and may have more appeal now but The Weeknd will stand the test of time.

If that was the case Bruno's 5-7 year old songs and albums still wouldn't be in regular rotation and getting high volumes of sales to this day. Face it Bruno has classic songs, can still make hits, and he's talented.

I'm tired of people talking about shit they don't know. I talk with confidence because I KNOW things.

I can go on twitter and FB and see girls as young as 15 and men as old as 40 stanning for him and talking about how talented he is. I can also do that for the Weeknd but i mostly see high school-college aged white girls and a few other "alternative" people

You need to stop trying so hard, you look like such a faggot

Stop saying bullshit all the time and we wouldnt have a problem

this. child star too

Neither fuck off.

Come on, you can't sit here saying Bruno Mars is a god then act like Pharrell's only ever had 'a couple hits'.

If we're talking about pop with artistic merit, influence and sales, then the subsequent effects on fashion and culture. Plus demographics spanning EVERY group (even including the thugs and wiggers you hate aswell). Then Pharrell is one of the greatest producers of all time; Respect where it's due if you're going to fight your sensitive corner.

The Weeknd. He literally sounds like Michael Jackson.

SOMETHING WRONG

ONLY RAPPER COMPARED TO MICHAEL

I already mentioned I don't really know either of them, I thought that's what my post implied? Subcontext nigga.
At least I admitted that shit. Most of you fucking faggots talk and talk and not know a thing.

I'm not pretending Bruno mars is a god, hes just not a fucking bubblegum nothing like Taylor Swift. The same people saying this shit ADMIT to not knowing his songs.

The greatest producer is Teddy Riley and Babyface and Terry Jam/Jimmy Lewis but Imma let you cook

*the greatest producers

But if I had to choose, Terry Jam/Jimmy Lewis.

when you type "lack" but your phone autocorrects to "level"

I FUCKED THIS MODEL

THIS GENERATIONS CLOSEST THING TO EINSTEIN

I don't think prince is really the best example of kayne, at least on the writing process, prince just needed himself for a album, kayne in compare a good amount of people behind which is not bad but one of prince's best merits is he write every note in his songs, same with bruno.

>git git git git git git grrrrah grrrrrah ggggrrrrrah i got broads in atlanta ggrrrrrrrrah
Damn, really launches those neurons into hyperdrive huh

>Shawn Mendes
I still don't know why he of all the Bieber replacement wannabes blew up. He doesn't necessarily have the looks and he certainly doesn't have the singing abilities. (BETTA DANNY CAH) What's so appealing to his throat scratchy mumble?
Maybe he'll end up being another Greyson Chance or Cody Simspon

>underrating his talents
>hey mark ronson write my music plz
saged.

This is the only real candidate and it's honestly too late for him

Me

Kanye is honestly his own thing, I wouldn't be surprised if people started comparing newcomers to him in the future.

>using mark ronson as an insult
>mark ronson only produced UF, bruno had hits before that

try again you uneducated nigger. dont talk about shit you dont know ever again