Can we talk about the new season seriously for a moment?

Can we talk about the new season seriously for a moment?
This season is going to be the sleeper hit of the show, I'm calling it.

Feel like the showrunners listened to all the bitching and moaning and made a Pinkerton of a season.
Darkest season yet, without feeling like some 'gritty' bullshit. And Piper's all but relegated to being a side character at this point.

I dunno, there's a lot of shit I can't stand in this season.

I like how "dark" it is, I guess, but the guards are evil for the sake of being evil, the prisoners are almost always sympathetic, and the actual storyline taking points from current events has fucked up the internal timeline of the show to the point where they've suddenly jumped forward 4 years in a single season.

is this any good?

because I cancelled netflix (couple of days until it's gone) and s3 was pretty insufferable

It's okay. Not much to it, and if you didn't like S3 then you won't like this one. The series takes a lot of points from that and combines it with dated references to the police brutality that happened a few years ago. Still not made my mind up about its overall quality. The writing is as spotty as ever, and the characters are as one sided as ever...I dunno, I'm leaning more towards saying this show isn't what it used to be, but I can't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It had a quirky charm in S1/2, that's almost entirely gone in this latest one.

that's alright assholes. we don't need to know what show it is or anything.

Orange is the New Black

I feel like a lot of that 'charm' was from Piper being new. That couldn't have gone on forever.

Sorry about your autism, friend.

Netflix is shit. Just stream.

> the guards are evil for the sake of being evil
Especially Humps.
Guess they tried to write themselves an excuse by having them all be vets, but you're right.
They're comically criminal this season.

Hey I'm halfway through S2, why is Piper still in jail? She only had an 18 month sentence

S1 takes place over 6 months

S2 2 months

S3 4 months

S4 2 months

>They're comically criminal this season.
So much this. The antagonists in the past seasons at least had characters to them, these ones were basically Ganondorf level antagonists. Evil for the sake of it.

Their arguably biggest fans (tumblr) hate it because of who they killed since they have a whole "how dare tv writers kill ANOTHER lgbt character" thing

To be fair, it's still a whole cinema is digging itself out of.

could have also got extended during the trial in season 2. the lawyer said they could add more time if she doesn't cooperate. But no mention of it came up again.

Also i fucking hate the writing for the dialog this bullshit show.

"Triggered" "Black Lives Matter" and a bunch of other SJW fuck all terms only came to point in the past year i feel, yet when is this show suppose to take place? in 2012 or now? make up your fucking minds!

Pandering to Tumblr is like making friends with a hornets nest.

Eventually you'll get stung.

>could have also got extended during the trial in season 2. the lawyer said they could add more time if she doesn't cooperate. But no mention of it came up again.

No mention, and time hasn't sped up at all. We've had one winter, one mothers day, and 8.5 months of labour told over 4 seasons now. There's been no time skip, they're just fucking up the timeline at this point.

I see that now that i think about it. I guess having kids who are going the puberty (gloria's son) make it harder to believe since the last time we saw him he didn't have his mexistash and was shorter.

>'''''''''''''''''''''''''male''''''''''''''''''''''''' watching this garbage
kys please

>too many vaginas

>hits crack pipe
>starts crying 5 seconds later

Pretty unrealistic desu

Yeah, a person like Piper sinking down to smoking crack in a cornfield wouldn't be in anyway upsetting

Are there any male characters on this show that aren't villians or otherwise responsible for the female characters being in prison and/or suffering?

Kaputo, the entire time
Healy after season 1
Cal, who the show makes sure to remind the viewer is a much better person than Piper every time he appears

>it's another prison show where 90% of the prisoners are actually good people deep down despite being in prison

>it's a Nicky grits her teeth to show emotional depth and tries to act as a defiant yet wise junkie Episode.

Escalators escalators escalators. Eels.

>I like how "dark" it is, I guess, but the guards are evil for the sake of being evil,

Totally agree with you on the guards. They are basically cartoon levels of evil. I did think this season was actually pretty good though, better than the last one that's for sure.

I don't if she's always been this terrible as an actor and I just never noticed in the first 3 seasons, but the actress who plays piper was just awful this season. I cringed almost every time she had a line

Indeed.