Let's settle this once and for all Sup Forums, can you be born gay?

Let's settle this once and for all Sup Forums, can you be born gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're dealt a hand of cards. Depending on how the game goes you could end up straight or gay. But a few people are fucked from the start to be one or the other.

The Logic in this screen capped post.

OP was

No. It's decision. Much like being heterosexual is a decision.

All the important parts are false though. Gay people aren't more likely to have an infection by toxoplasma gondii. They're more likely to die from toxoplasmosis but that's only because they're more likely to be immunocompromised (due to HIV).
I want to say I read somewhere that toxoplasma infection in women increases homosexual sex acts though.

No man everyone knows vampires turn you gay.

Can confirm as a gay that I was not born this way.
Slept with many girls in my teens, now mid twenties, not even attracted to women anymore, I like cock.

Being gay is probably equal parts nature and nurture in most cases as are most parts of someone's early psychological development.

As long as I can remember I lusted after cock.

Im also a pedophile.

And a beast lover.

And a scat fetishist.

and.. well... name it, I'm into it.

Fugg.

>name it, I'm into it.
Rosie O'Donnell naked

I am into fat girls yes.

Rosie specifically no.

I sometimes think me being gay is just narcissism. I used to masturbate in front of the mirror. And when I have sex it's usually really selfish, all about me using a guy (similiar in build to me) to get off. Fucking their throat and ass. Making them swallow my jizz.

Yes, you can, but that doesn't mean all gays are born gay, for many it is a 'choice'.

I grew up with a family that contained a boy who can only have been born gay. At age 3 he played with dolls, at age 7 his favourite show was love boat, he was the gayest fucking kid but I think he was the last to know it.

It saddens me to think that in this day and age he would probably be told he was born wrong and made into a girl through surgery, it pisses me off.

Ultimately though, whether born or otherwise, homosexuality is a mental disorder. If you think otherwise you're an idiot. It is the definition of unnatural.

I mean, I'd still fuck her though./

It's nice to meet a fellow 1Man1Jar fapper.

Apparently all animals can get the same mental disorders

I do enjoy guro yes.

>mental disorder
>unnatural

Such edge.

He already said beast lover

I mean you were

Granny tranny?

It's no more a mental disorder than basically everything else.

Decreases your chances of having children I guess. If that was all it took to have a behavior labeled a mental disorder than people who love hot tubs, cigarettes, and hot laptops on their laps are just as mentally ill.

No, evolution programs "straight" into us.

However, humans are not natural creatures. We developed a psychology and that psychology can beat nature.

Being gay is a psychological phenomenon. You will see patterns in gays that can be linked as crucial in their development to becoming gay (early sexual experience, abuse, etc).

Can't be born gay but it's not a choice. Just like you can't choose your fetishes, you can't choose your orientation.

>basically all animals confirmed to exhibit homosexual behaviour

try again moron

no, you are born with genetic markers that can make you more likely to engage in risky sexual behaviour, butultimately you choose to act on your gay thoughts. be it you dislike women because you had no positive ones during your formative years, or you think they arent of value and just like sex. its not truly genetic.

Fucking the same sex because you're horny and that's all you got is not the same as being attracted to the same sex.

Try again.

0/10, do literally -any- research next time.

>cant win argument
>tell him to go research
You didn't need to forfeit that quickly.

OP, if you wanted a mature, scientifically accurate answer void of political and/or societal bias, why the FUCK would you ask Sup Forums??

Short answer: yes, but it's not black/white.

Medium answer: Scientists DO believe there are indeed "gay genes", but they don't always express themselves. Multiple contributing genetic factors throughout the genome influences sexual orientation. In other words "if you have the 'gay gene' you have a higher % to turn out gay than the rest of the population but it's not always 100% (some gays have twins who don't turn out gay).

Long answer: Research it. There are scientific journals you can read if you're REALLY interested in this shit.

I really didn't articulate myself well. Too fuckin tired. Oh well.

Unfortunately nobody reads Nautilus and they will think you're shilling for Jesus.

It's not 'edge' you millenial piece of shit, the natural urge and desire to procreate is intended for the opposite sex. If it is instead for the same sex, procreation is impossible and something has gone very wrong. Bisexuality is more a fetish but homosexuality isn't just the desire for the same sex but the lack of desire in the opposite sex, it is backward and unnatural. It is a disorder. If you can't see that I pity your tiny mind.

Yeah but has homosexuality ever really held someone back from fathering children? Not enough to matter.

And if you follow the selfish-gene/hot-sisters theory homosexuality actually increases the number of offspring with THE GAY GENE.

I'm not gonna bullshit you, I'm gay. I dont support the retarded LGBT "born this way" crap. However, even though I know I'll look like a faggot, I alway felt like this since I was a kid. I was never molested as a kid, raised in a good christian family, nothing too bad ever happened to me. I've always liked boys tho. Dont know how it works, but it is definitely not a desicion, or at least not one I made.

Also, why would anyone "decide" to be gay in a world were gays are still not accepted in like 75% of the countries?

Neither has autism but it's still a disorder

I see you've provided citations for your bullshit, faggot.

well i have faith in at least one user now

Sources?

Hello milo yiannopoulus

Being "born gay" sounds like a romanticized way of saying "i was meant to be gay. I honestly don't give a shit about either side of the stroy, i hate all of you. But i assume around puberty you start getting those hormones and maybe around that time you could get a little more estrogen than testosterone? And that could somehow make penis more appetizing or something? The way i see it, no ones absolutely gay, or absolutely straight, each and every person has different amounts of chemicals in their head so who fucking knows. And nowadays its like "DO YOU LIKE GIRLS OR GUYS, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE AND LIVE WITH IT"

well put

I'm the guy that wrote

Your beliefs are outdated and have no scientific backing.

>you choose to act on your gay thoughts

This statement assumes every guy has gay thoughts - as if what differentiates heteros from homos is merely rather or not they ACT on these thoughts.

>you dislike women because you had no positive ones during your formative years

lol, no offense mate but where did you get your education? We're talking about sexuality. You can be the biggest misogynist in the world and still be straight.

You seem to be mixing outdated pseudo-scientific / psychological theories in order to validate your own world view. The truth is, no true scholar, scientist or psychologist would take any of these theories seriously in 2016. Only repressed Sup Forumstards, religious people, and Sup Forums would.

Because "femenine" traits means homosexuality, nice bait

Surely being born gay is a big setback in evolution, giving someone the desire to not procreate is the end of basic survival of a species

Yep. Others just learn to like it.

1. We're overpopulated anyway.

2. Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of complex life, let alone hominid species. You say "setback" as if it was something created recently.

3. Our "survival of a species" is not going to end because a couple of queers are blowing each other in their Hollywood beach house. There are literally MILLIONS of other threats that will end us, Homosexuality is not one of them.

These are the same talking points most Christians spew. They're amusing and all but also very goofy and silly.

sure. happens to animals too.

You should be worrying about diseases, not an orientation.

No and likely they were sexually assaulted at a young age

Very intellectual contribution user.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

No. There is no gay gene. Its a social construct

No. You become gay because the Jewish elites require a certain % of gays to achieve their one world govt. agenda. They have expertly manipulated society and media to attain the ratio needed by them.

It's a weird topic. But in my opinion you turn out the way you are because of your decisions and experiences.

It's an unconscious decision, if you ask me.

Yes you can be born "gay"
I know for males at least.
Geneticsfag here

Is correct
If people are interested I can provide more info but user above nails it

The genes that are expressed that cause homosexuality are funnily enough not able to be passed on and are currently thought of to be expressed when as a fetus from chemicals in the mothers womb alter gene expression.
So yes, really gay people are evolutionary dead ends, just like a lot of other people.