Any vets here who don't feel bad at all about killing someone...

Any vets here who don't feel bad at all about killing someone? Media keeps telling us that we're supposed to be devastated about it and get PTSD from it, but to be honest, I don't regret it one second that I shot those (few ones where I'm certain) that I did. Is it just me or you people agree?

ptsd is more or less a medical term for being a pussy. it really helps those types with self esteem issues because it removes the burden of responsibility.

and I agree that you shouldn't feel bad for shooting combatants. being killed or injured is a risk they accepted upon picking up a weapon.

go fuck yourself, faggot. you never shot a person.
you aren't going to post here, if you done it.

My dad is a vet who's doesn't seem to be terribly affected by killing people.
He does have PTSD, but it's more related to loud noises (fireworks) or things that happened to the people that actually mattered to him.
I think it just depends on what a person is made of.

yeah, you're right. the military requires that all people who kill someone sign a paper and agree to never use Sup Forums. especially that Sup Forums place. op must be lying.

nice lack of logics you stupid piece of shit. what the fuck would you know? Kill yourself and stop annoying the rest of us

I never felt anything, then or now. With that being said, I've only ever been apathetic towards death.

You have any clue how many combat vets are on Sup Forums? Just shut the fuck up

>killing some poor goat farmer who had his family threatend with torture and death if he didn't pick up an AK
>killing some random fuck trying to protect land he owns in the middle of fucking no where, speaking a language you don't understand
for what? a paycheck? free schooling?
so some corporate shitbag can continue to profit off cheap labour and expensive weapons?
all of the above?

A Taleb did not pick up an AK to protect his family. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The Taliban are the scum of Afghanistan and every upstanding goat farmer despises them. How do I know? Because I do speak their language and I did speak to them. Taliban are backwards, fanatic islamist scum and deserve to die.

Listen up chuckle dicks, as a career military member, I've seen plenty of shit in my time, seen the absolute shit storm that is the middle east, shot and killed many hostile in defense of myself and my brothers and sisters, so if your gonna get all righteous and pissy about OP starting this, than you can fuck off back into whatever hole you crawled out of. And OP, I feel no remorse for pulling the trigger as long as it was for the right reasons

When kill someone who is trying to kill you. You feel nothing. When you kill someone just to kill someone. It will haunt you. As far as PTSD goes. It's more about the stress of death and and the harm of those you love over a extended period of time. Not the act of killing someone. But the stress of staying alive and trying your best to keep those you care about safe while all hell is breaking loose .

>sisters

fuck off sjw pog

The farther you are away from the person you're killing, the less personal it's so maybe that's why you feel this way.

fucking kek

never lost sleep

Are you retarded? The Taliban are the ones who would decapitate the poor goat farmer and his family because he doesn't want to grow a beard. If anything, he would pick up an AK to kill the Taliban

i think maybe 1 percent of ptsd claims are legit. i used to think it didnt exist because it never effected me. i had top check all the boxes on the psych screening when i got back from my first deployment (have you seen civ. death, woman kids ect.) so i figured if anyone would be fucked up by what they saw it would be me but then i had some close friends actually have it mess them up a bit. it's not debilitating though, they just all worked through it in their own way. a lot of them had it start messing with them again when they got out. i had a touch of depression when i first separated.

Preach it!

I don't think that's true to be honest. I've taken the lives of combatants in close quarters and it didn't change anything.

I dont think it's weird at all. It's not like you were drafted or forced into a kill or be killed situation. I imagine it's a lot different for in that scenario.

You're all pussies that haven't shot anyone, and you have to be 18+ to post here.

my grandpa was a hardcore WWII vet. He was in the worst of the battle of the bulge in WWII. He had bad PTSD up until he died in like 2006. It was all from traumatic moments like his best friend getting headshot and the brains splattering on my grandpa's face, being in a heavy german artillery strike for hours and hiding under a broken slab of concrete just praying a shell didn't land on him, being strafed at by german fighters etc.

I never heard him talk about how he regretted killing any germans. My dad owns a luger pistol my grandpa captured off a german officer he killed.

Sounds like something out of band of brothers.

yeah, and they are funded by nations with massive weapon stocks which need to be sold.
these weapons don't last forever, storing them costs money. of course the one forcing the man to pick up an AK deserves to die, but how the fuck can you tell the difference? you don't even learn their language.

you don't realize the systemic issues which created this war, and how it's all orchestrated for big corp to sell massive weapon stockpiles, to both sides mind you.

as someone who claims they've seen war, and has more than likely seen someone on his own side mutilated and/or murdered, you should be one of the few who are outraged by this shit more than anyone.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Only military I respect are those who fought in WW2. This current situation where vets get glorified for no fucking reason needs to fuck off.

I've been told that before. A lot of them looked at it as just a job and I guess that made it easier to deal with. They're never quite the same when they get back though and they all have nighmares once in a while, it's just some guys are better at dealing with that shit than others.

Funny how it's always those lefty fucks who try to tell me I should feel bad for slaying shitskins.
>inb4 muh corporations.
>inb4 military industrial complex maaannn.
>inb4 WEED LMAO

Would do again for free.

That's funny. I don't feel bad at all when vets get killed.

they are respected because you never know when you'll need them, and you want to be on their good side if the shit hits the fan. granted, we have so much technological power it's likely that the shit will never hit the fan. but you never know.

I have heard from a vet that the smell and sound is the worst part in killing

>edge lyfe

youve never seen or been near it so i guess its really of no consequence how you feel about it

I don't hold any life in any regard, and if living in an immigration center has taught me anything, it's that I hate the rest of the world. Kill on.

Same lol

You need a certain level of intelligence to realize what killing an otehr person means and how it affects their family. This in turn also requires a basic level of empathy. So in short: You need to be intelligent in order to realize the consequences of your actions, something you fortunately didn't experience.

Yeah but what happens whenyou kill somebody has is trying to do the samething to you, your comrades, and would do it to your family if given the chance.
>you become a hero

Empathy != intellect

YOU need a certain level of intelligence to spell "other"

Explains why so many people on here are mindless loudmouths.

So I should feel bad about killing somebody who would love to kill me and my family and friends?

You are so fucking ignorant it hurts.
I would love to see how long you would last in a country who doesn't have a military that fights for you and protects your freedoms.
The sad thing about living in country where hundreds of thousands of people have given their life so you could life a blissful ignorant one, is that it breeds blissful ignorant fucks like you.
You arn't worthy of the vets who kill and die just so you can talk shit about them and judge them on their moral compass. Many people in other countries woyld love to see you dies in the most horrific way possible just because you are american. Shame on you. Disgusting peice of shit

Same. You willingly went into another country to kill people, why the fuck should I mourn you?

These are also people that asked for more money from the commands there for their goat being killed them their kid

They willingly went to our country to kill us.

Yeah. Thats the point of war bucko.
You don't just sit around and wait for the people who want to kill you to die of old age.
I can't tell if you are liberal or a child or just fucking dumb.
Or all three.

>Call of Duty

>Marxist revision of events
Kill yourself

You have no idea how funny leftist smug is, in Current Year. I am legitimately laughing at you.
Leftists are mass produced drones. They talk down upon others to make themselves feel superior and persuade others into joining their cult.
There's not a shred of truth to this statement, one only has to point out the propensity towards high intelligence and serial killers.
But don't let the doublethink stop you from believing the stupid shit you believe in. Your ideology is built upon it afterall! Leftism requires a mental gymnastic state not seen in those of high intelligence, because the ability to point things out for what they really are resides in the upper tier of IQs.

I wouldn't feel bad at all about needing to air out a few hajis so my government's owners can maintain a reliable petroleum supply.

Don't feel bad about killing people trying to kill me. But I do feel bad about killing a kid in Afghanistan. Still dream about those 3 seconds.

No sympathy, no remorse.
We all signed a blank check, I simply cashed theirs in.
The greater majority are not protecting their land or families, they are pushing an extreme, warped point of view with no regard for human life (Civilian or otherwise).
PTSD (shell shock) is real, I know many who suffer from it. But it is not universal, nor (I believe) a sign of weakness: every experience is different.
The ghosts will visit, mine do now and again, choose (if able) to not let it affect you, and don't let the media warp your feelings about it: 99% of them (reporters/media personnel/study authors) have never even been on the same continent during a conflict/op.
Those that have were guarded/shielded and stuffed in a truck or hotel room when it got hot. They're simply talking out their asses.

I respect them like a mechanic or electrician doing their job, I don't glorify as fucking heroes because they did some pew pew and bang bang.