Prediction

In the next few years as 2000's nostalgia grows and grows Malcom In The Middle will ignite some big trend/meme

In 20 years or less there will be a Pixar or Dreamworks or Sony Animation movie about memes.
Just like Toy Story, Wreck it Ralph, or Monsters Inc. Only instead of toys, games or children's monsters, it will be memes.

I dunno, Malcolm is a really weird show when it comes to nostalgia. It's a very narrow slice of 2002 before mobile and the internet being widespread that it speaks to

Craig molested Dewey

Never forget

Oh god.

>movie about memes
Starring Aiden Gillen as Scarchy O'cia

do you think reese jacked off to Lois fingering herself and took peeks of her in the shower and on the toilet??

>2002 before mobile and the internet being widespread

Internet was pretty widespread in 2002. At least in Scandinavia. Every household had internet here at that point.

>that episode where lois walks around topless in front of the kids

hard as motherfucking diamonds

since they are fictional characters, no, of course not. or do you mean the actors?

>2002
>internet not widespread

and they had a computer from about season 3 onwards, it's just that the show didn't centre around technology. Imagine how boring it would have been if it did

Wasnt that the pilot?

DUDE WEED LMAO XD

>it's an Malcolm plays Counter Strike for several hours with Stevie episode

Who will play them in the inevitable biopic?

Fuck are u on about man 2002 youtube didn't exist wikiepedia and goigle were nothing like they were today and most households had dialup so surfing BBC the net was expwnsive and often fruitless

The internet wasn't close to what it was today until 2005 or 2006

>most households had dialup
Maybe in america. In Europe, most people (well young people and family households at least) had broadband. I remember Counter Strike being super popular around 2000-2004. And you couldn't play that with dial up. Either you're too young to actually remember it or you're an american. You guys were behind for some reason.

Well, yeah.

American here and my family had dial-up until maybe 2007.

what the actual fuck?

I also still had dial-up during the early 2000s. Kids these days will never experience having to get off Runescape so your dad can make a call.

Malcolm in the Middle was actually an incredible show though.

And North America just before widespread cellphone and internet usage, as another user said, is a beautiful and absurd thing to reflect on.

>And North America just before widespread cellphone and internet usage

What is going on here? Are you people trolling or were americans really this behind when it came to internet and cell phones?I'm from Sweden and I got my first cell phone in 2001 when I was a kid and I was one of the last people to get one. And everybody had dial up between 96 and 2000. And it was not about being rich or not eiher. I'm middle class and got both cell phone and broadband long after the poor kids.

No. Countries in Scandinavia, as well as places like South Korea and Japan, invested heavily in cellphone and internet infrastructure early on which resulted in their quality and ease of access.

Well North America (admittedly you can blame it somewhat on the massive geography making everything more difficult) just left these services in the hands of monopoly-having corporations to develop at the pace that resulted in the greatest profit.

Probably, that being said I think shitty reality TV shows from the early 2000s like MTV's Cribs and that Sweet Sixteen bullshit will spawn more memes because those shows better encapsulate post-9/11 but pre-recession American pop culture

It depends. I dunno if you've ever been here but North America is huge, Swedeanon, and there's a lot of different levels of infrastructure. I would say in like 2002/2003 it wouldn't be weird for a middle class family to have DSL in the US but it would've been seen as a bit of a luxury.
Even now, Comcast has kind of a monopoly on internet service in a lot of areas and they're a really shitty ISP.

I don't mean this to be condescending either, but I want to reiterate, the US is fucking huge. A lot of people who live here forget that, so there's a lot of variety of experience.

Yes, this user was a lot more succinct than I was.
Isn't internet a legal right in Finland?

>that nordic state infrastructure

I'm jelly

>there will be a Pixar or Disney movie about Pepe and Wojak in your lifetime

I see. Interesting though how most of the stuff we had for our first family computers back in the 90's (software, operation system, games etc) was american made stuff.

seth rogen as pepe 2bh

I still watch it every morning on Comedy Central before work, that or the My Name Is Earl I sky plussed the night before

Sad reminder that the kids all got molested.

I had it until I was a Jr. in high school and that would have been around 2009/2010

Actually OP I think that people will marvel that a family that owned two cars, a house, and was able to support five kids was considered "poor." Overall everyone who watches it ten years from now will be depressed as fuck wondering where that America went.
Our tech companies have us hopelessly cucked and have massive influence in both parties, our internet is slower and more expensive than most countries, our phone service is shittier too. If I recall you guys got HD television like a decade before us too.

Never been there, but yeah you're right it is fucking huge and people (inclunding myself) often forget that. Like, I was watching that movie Winter's Bone the other day and was surprised by it portraying such a weird part of America. It seemed more like some eastern european place than a town in a 1st world country. I doubt the people in that movie even knew what the internet was or had used a computer.

No. No... No.

>I think that people will marvel that a family that owned two cars, a house, and was able to support five kids was considered "poor."

Well, they being considered "poor" seemed a bit weird even back then.

Yeah - I don't know if you've ever seen that movie "Beasts of the Southern Wilds" but it's based on real places in America too. Obviously there's a lot of exaggeration in it but there are places here that look like third world countries. They're kinda hard to find but they exist.

I've mostly only been on the east coast of the US but I have a friend who moved to Houston and they tell me it's all swamps and fish and floods and boating and shit. That's ignoring the fact that it's in Texas which people associate solely with deserts and cowboys and cactuses.

Crazy that so many cultures exist in the same country.

Haven't seen but I know what it's about and seen clips from it and yeah, it really doesn't look like the america us non americans are used to i.e the west and the east coast.

It's like many countries within a country.

that's the point its prime early 2000's
the theme song itself,the videos that play in the opening,the house,there rooms its a perfect slice of middle America between 2001 and 2006