So uh, h-hi Sup Forums

so uh, h-hi Sup Forums

did you notice less people trick-or-treating this year, or have you noticed a steady decline over the last few years?

Just curious because we had very few visitors this year and I saw almost no one in the street on my way home from work.

picture unrelated(?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4QmimnwQSj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree with you.

MONDAY....

yeah about 1/100th of the people in my area dressed up compared to 10 years ago

people don't feel safe doing it anymore, I guess. I stopped doing it years ago myself, though only because I don't much care for excessive amounts of candy and I don't much care for costumes either.

I also noticed this and was talking about it with my wife last night. I took my kid out and the streets were not quite as crowded as I remember them even when I was a teen. we even bought shit tons of candy and only like half were given out, I'd say less than 100 visitors in a big neighborhood overall with plenty of kids as we live near a school. wtf happened? what's wrong with kids now? why so afraid and lame?

Yeah you're definitely right. I work 7 days a week so I forget the relevance individual days have for most.

I've been seeing a decline in festivities for probably the last decade, though. Halloween was/is my favorite holiday, and it would be a shame to see a permanent decline.

Less people round my area in uk

>The magic of holidays is almost gone.
>Everyone is always working.
>No one decorates like they used to.
>Kids don't believe in Santa past 6 or 7 now.
>It was a on a Monday this year.
>Costumes cost a fortune considering it's only for one night.
>People are scared of clowns this year
>Costs too much to give out free candy.
>Most kids would rather sit and watch jewtube.
>Or drink and get high.
>Parents just dgaf to carry on traditions anymore.
>It's 2016
I could go on.
>>Took my niece out, did one street, went home. Went out to dinner and a movie instead after.

Even just to get out of the house in a mask with your friends is fun, free fucking candyis just a huge bonus.

They're really missing out on being fucking asshole teens egging houses, that shit was so cash.

I've noticed in my town that people only go to the nice neighborhoods (300+ housing)

I saw a huge turnout in my home town the streets were cramped with kids and their parents. I agree it has been declining but this year's Halloween was a good turn out

Everyone knows you go to the rich neighborhoods. They give out better candy.

We had 700 - 750 kids trick or treat. Including 2 different hay rides that circle the neighborhood.
Would be interesting in seeing nation wide numbers. All our experiences are meaningless, because they represent really small sample sizes.

I've moved since last halloween but only saw a family dressed up as I was pulling into my car park. They just stood there looking at my indicator so I guess people are getting dumber?

Good. Like we should be teaching kids that it's acceptable to demand gibs or retaliate.

It's a nigger-tier holiday.

I took my son trick or treating in the same neighborhood I always do. Less and less people are doing Halloween and only saw about 3 decorated houses. They're pushing Christmas earlier this year because that is what makes stores the most money.

I saw very few as of like 7-10 years ago, but since I moved into a new neighborhood 5 years ago I see a lot more and it's been pretty consistent for the last few years. Definitely more the prior 3 years due to weekend halloween though.

Good idea. I'm gonna hand out beers and nugs next year.

It was raining so damn hard last night, so barely any trick or treaters.

I don't really fuck with holidays like christmas, I put up a tree but no lights outside or anything.

Also, by a "tree" I mean I go outside and pick up the biggest dead branch I can find and bring it inside. Not joking, and everyone should do this.

So do you think it's all holidays then? That's a shame too. St Patrick's seems to attract the same amount of insane drunk people every year, but let's be honest, they were going to be there anyway. Now they're just wearing green.

Trunk or treating type events have effectively destroyed trick or treating in neighborhoods

I had 5 kids come and i live in a decent sized town, had 12 last year it just keeps getting worse and worse.l

Less people gave out candy this year because we've had mass amounts of niggers coming from Detroit to trick or treat and they're always screaming and fighting. They also have been stealing decorations so people stopped putting them up. Do they always have to ruin everything?

Damn son. It was clear skies and only in the mid 50s last night.

I had literally 3 kids last night. Havent lived at this address too long but normal is 20-30
In fairness it was literally freezing cold last night, 0 degrees, so I cant imagine the kids stayed out long

Only had 2 people come by this year, not a lot of decorations around but that's typical for my area.

But yeah, I agree. Halloween seems to be dying. I blame the fact that kids, now more than ever, are super into Christmas and don't really give a shit about candy.

Candy doesn't look so hot when you know Grandpa is gonna buy you a new iPad in a few months.

Fucking packed on my street. And I live in BFE

Fucking churches man. The churches here pray that it rains every year.

More so the ones with magic in them. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, even Thanksgiving. Where there's a story that most pre 2000's were raised with.

Now it's all commercialized that I think we are so numb to feel the spirit anymore.

I was walking through the mall a couple days ago, pass by one of them "home" stores. Has Halloween, Christmas and Valentines stuff out. Fucking Valentines!??!!!!?!

this

People make assumptions, like people don't trick or treat anymore. People don't feel safe enough to trick or trick, ect. All based off their limited experience.

Most people don't understand, that your tiny experience doesn't necessarily represent what everyone else is experiencing.

That would be like saying, it hasn't rained in 3 weeks where I live, so it doesn't rain much anymore, around the world.

It's because Halloween is fucking stupid and only a matter of time before it dies completely. But if you're looking for a real cause for its decline, you need only look at your generation, representative of cucks and femnazi cunts who squeeze the fun out of everything by not allowing their children to eat sugar or be outside at night. Your generation is full of triggered sissies who for fear they or their children might be made fun of for having a lame costume decide instead to have private parties where they just give kids candy and let them parade themselves in the back yard with all the rest of their socially stunted friends. That's why. You should probably kys. It's your fault. Because you're a giant pussy.

Sad but true. I wanna bring back the Halloween spirit.

Next year, I'm gonna go find every house that isn't handing out candy and fuck them up. People have gotten so used to treats that they've forgotten how to trick.

>Holidays with magic
>Thanksgiving

Literally just a holiday about a feast that was had after raiding a native tribe...

I agree with the whole commercialized stuff though, completely misses the spirit of the holidays. Really ruins it. Halloween isnt about fucking inflatable lawn ornamates, its about getting spooked

They're trying to destroy American "culture" and values. They're draining our spirit and making us hate each other.

Yes.
We had 3 here also, and I live in a fairly good neighborhood in the suburbs. We didn't set out a full haunted house corn maze or anything, but we had our porch light on and some lights in the window.

Leaving for work at 9 the roads were completely empty. Was surprised to not be almost running over drunk retard teenagers in togas left and right. Even where I work in an apartment complex, z e r o people walking. Which is where I used to do it, to get the most candy per square foot.

Kek, I agree with you user. But you gotta calm down.

people stopped doing that shit cause people here gave rat poison candy to children, dressed up and battered random people, set people on fire etc.

I didn't notice, but I did see an increased turnout for my vetrnaetr party. People seem to really like the whole "start a fire, drink, eat roasted meats and fuck in the woods" part.

How do we save trick-or-treating?

Go search for the study about multiculturism and how people have less in group trust leading to isolation within communities and less trust as a whole.

Excuse my English.

If anything I noticed a bigger crowd and way better costumes than the previous years. Easily had over 150 kids.

O.O

Where do you live?

Sorry, I ate about a dozen and a half of Milky Way minis brought to work by a colleague who said no one came to his door trick or treating. I just ate another while typing this. And I had a monster energy. I'm a little wound up.

good idea user, i'm gonna do this too

My generation? I was born in the 80's bub. I went ham on halloween every year in one way or another until I started working every night for the last 5 years.

I don't have children because lol why would I do that to myself, but it sucks to see something I enjoyed not being shared with todays kids.

>like raisins
>and uncle steves secret belly rubs

I'm in the same boat, I've been eating starburst all morning.

It is the same in Memphis.
Groups of 20 or 30 teenaged black kids, not even in costume, grabbing candy out of the bowl instead of waiting to be given an equal share.
They don't even say "Trick or treat." They just grab and complain why doing so, or laugh very loudly about how much they were able to snatch. Then they fight with each other in the yard because someone got more; just yelling and punching.

We've kept the lights off the past 5 or 6 Halloweens. Even then, there will be some black kids ringing the door bell at 11PM. Fuck that. They can use their EBT cards to get candy, I'm not buying shit for them.
Halloween is just an opportunity for these gang-bangers to case your house or invade it when the door is opened. Or they wander around and beat up whomever they find on the street.
Can't have anything innocent and fun as long as the jungle bunnies are around.

Parents take their kids to "trunk or treat" shit now, been happening more and more for years now. They just get together at a church or community center or something and the kids go from car to car trick or treating instead. That way all the new age parents can feel safe without the kids wandering neighborhoods.

Someone just started their elementary stats class this semester.

I'm gonna start a Halloween extremist group.

We'll attack all the churches and trunk-or-treating events with paintball guns, fuck up all the houses that aren't handing out candy, and give out MASSIVE goodie bags to every kid who comes to our door.

I'll also hand out free jack o'lanterns and goodie bags with a joint (good Colorado weed), four cigarettes, a crack lighter, and two of those little vodka shots to every adult.

Seriously, I love this holiday. We can't let it go to waste like this.

It's because all these kids are starting to grow up faster and faster now. That's just the type of world we live in these days. Pretty fucked up because being an adult really isn't all that crazy insane. You're just bigger and have to spend a lot of money on shit.

Yes, it's a limited sample size especially since not everyone is saying where they're from, myself included, but seeing as I can't take a nationwide census at the moment as I'm currently high as fuck and also not dr manhattan, maybe i'll just ask you fucking fags what your experience was personally and giggle at memes.

Social media has convinced people the is a rapist pedo behind every tree waiting to abduct their children.

Is that a real thing?

I should hit one of those up next year and abduct a kid

Why would you live in Memphis to begin with?
That's like eating McDonald's every day and bitching about the low quality of the food.

>I was born in the 80s
Exactly. That makes you a millennial, which is the problem here. I'm not saying "you" personally. I mean your generation, the generation of the entitled. They had too many bags of candy snatched from them as children and are choosing to keep their children safe from anything that may hurt their feelings. It's the social justice generation. That's why no kids trick or treat these days. Because their parents (millennials) take them to work, go to the mall, or just flat out buy them bags of candy until they eat themselves into stage 2 diabetes.

Such edge

Fuck Halloween!! and your pagan bullshit!!

we should all be celebrating JesusWeen!
youtube.com/watch?v=4QmimnwQSj8

My whole sub division community go together and decided not to do Halloween this year because of all the fucking rude ass black kids. They all showed up and went ape.

Wow I didn't know what the fuck the other user was talking about so I dismissed it, didn't know that was a real thing. Really stupid.

Sounds like a vague child-kidnapping event. Church would be the place to do it though.

dude take it from me. being an adult is really really bad it's terrible and when you can do whatever you want it makes nothing at all fun anymore because you can just do it whenever you want anyway. if i could be a kid again i would do that but maybe it wouldnt be so fun being a kid these days with how fucking gay they all act

This:

and maybe also spend money to hire security or military fags to keep the peace in areas with gang problems.

I wish. The weekend was really nice, last night was pure shit. Even lost power for 20 mins.

Its not this. Not as many faggots as you may think. Laziness, on the other hand, has definitely gone up. No one wants to go through the effort. Kids would rather be online.

>All these people not practicing Halloween correctly
>Makes me feel like a disapproving old-timer

Detroit, obviously

Yeah I guess. My generation would be the ones allowing these tumblrfucks to survive gestation.

If you ever worked in a grocery store, even as a part time job, you'll know how dreadful it is when Christmas music goes on. It's the same 3 songs repeated by different artists who sound worse with each rendition.

>can't just buy your own candy
>being an asshole teenager "was" awesome
Fuck a cactus, you waste of space

Are people born in the 80s really true millennials. considering how rapidly culture has advanced in such a short span of time?

Right? I feel old complaining about "kids these days" already and I'm not even 30.

I think we're probably just still too close in time to the experience, so we don't understand why you would change it.

If I came outside and there was an egg splatted on my car, I'd wash it off with a grin.

Not that guy, but man, our kids are gonna be fucked up. Whatever the generation after the millenials is are probably going to be the most degenerate, disgusting, neurotic pieces of shit to hit this planet since the fall of Rome

Many reasons why.

1. People took clowns very seriously this year....lol

2. Society is shamming literally anything you wear especially Halloween costumes. Oh you're wearing a cop uniform? You're promoting violence!! Wearing a nurse costume? You're giving actual nurses a bad image by making them look slutty!! All these retarder swj and changing norms are killing the joy of wearing anything in general.

3. Parents are fucking terrified so they don't let their children out for whatever reason

4. Still waiting for that one Sup Forums poster to see if he sent anyone to the hospital by giving them poisoned candy....

5. Halloween was going out asking for candy and causing a bit of chaos but now parents and anyone in general think Halloween as a way to promote bad behavior...

6. Lmao clowns..

I don't put out candy anymore because the only kids out trick or treating are niggers, and they don't have any fucking manners or class. I live in an upscale gated apartment home community, rent starts at $1500/month for a 1 bdrm. Recently there have been more and more niggers moving in. Can't seem to figure it out, but combine that with the fact that random niggers come into th the complex anyway, let in the gate by their nigger friends who live there and you get teenage niggers running around with no costume beating on the tucking doors like a bunch of fucking baboons. That's why Halloween is so dead.

Sounds like fun. I've heard stories about Devil's Night there.

So many great artists come from there, too: Voodoo Organist, HoK, ICP, Esham, D12.

Detroit sounds like an awesome place for horror.

I'll see you in the news

My boss was talking about it last night. In his words "back in the day you didn't have to worry about your kid getting raped in the mouth"
I don't really get it, when I was a kid the parents would usually walk a hundred feet or so behind us so we were fine

Last time I trick or treated for candy I was maybe 11. If I wanted candy right now, yes I would go out and buy candy. That is in fact how growing up works.

Sorry for having friends in my developing years. Sometimes you just have to fuck someone else's shit up for funsies. If you didn't do it at least once then you're missing out.

I hate that they never play "Christmas Vacation" (the theme song of that 80s comedy).

ohgawd, i did for a few years. DROVE ME FUCKING INSANE. I think by them putting that shit on, it really makes both employees and customers moody.

In my area, the local mega churches host trunk or treat in safe well lit parking lots with hundreds of kids showing up, they usually also have costume contests. That keeps the kids a lot safer than going to strangers homes.

Brought my one year old out. Streets were empty. Only went a block and maybe 5 houses were giving out candy. Back home maybe 12 kids stopped by. This holiday is dead and it's a shame. It used to be a fun, no stress and relatively inexpensive. buy $20 of candy to hand out, and $30 on your kids costumes vs hundreds spent on Christmas gifts, or going crazy cleaning and cooking for your picky in-laws on Thanksgiving.

I live in Chicago. They all come in waves now with parents. We even get niglets that come from bad neighborhoods. We give them bad candy.

>I don't have children
nigger you gay

It's a date. Look for it,

Sent my three kids out this year. Always told them to directly ask for money. Can't trust food coming from an unknown source. Usually helps out since welfare doesn't pay enough.

Enjoy it while you can. They won't be "safer" when I'm done with them: Next year, we're bringing back Halloween:

If some rude little shit asked me for money instead of the candy I hand out, I would follow it home to get the address, then report a dangerous home to DCS/DHS.

I wonder if they'll figure it out in time. Probably not, everyone says millenials are the shittiest generation and I had a fairly structured life.

The nignogs and purple armpit hair bi-curious queer fat transsexual bartender biased blumenthal blokeathon trifecta neutralfags wouldn't hit the nail on the head either.
Hammers are too phallic anyway, they'd be too offended to start swinging.

I'm just glad I'll be dead eventually.

des moines

I wouldn't know what it's called bre, being a immigrant and all with actual Christmas Carols being sung. I do get all tense when I hear the music for the first time though, because I know I have another 3 months of it. On the bright side, at least they have the courtesy to stop blasting that shit right on Christmas Eve(Because it's not like Christmas ends in January or anything...)

I think they're just more concentrated.

Every merhodist church in terms country hosts trunk or treat type stuff.

Last year some of my coworkers took their kids to some halloween themed season ticket holder event for our local pro hockey team.
Those little faggots put any old pillowcase to shame

0 people came to my street. Lame-ist Halloween ever. Even the Halloween party's I went too only a few people dressed up.

What is the story behind the bloody face girl? I cant find anything on it?

My friend gave the black kids tootsie rolls.

(∩ᴥ)⊃━゚.*

>trick-or-treating
What da fuq is dat?

The millennial generation begins in 1980, so yeah. I was born in '74, which makes me genX. We were among the last generation of kids who wandered around our neighborhoods under 10 years old until dark, my lil bro was 5 and as long as he was with the group of neighborhood kids, it was all good. That was before social justice when you could call the cops if a nigger was lurking around and not be accused of being racist, and one of the parents kept an eye on the kids. Kids were raised by a village back then. Now people hardly talk to their neighbors. I once rode my bike from west LA south of Beverly Hills to the La Brea tar pits with some friends of mine at 8 or 9 years old and none of us were over 12 at the time. If cops saw that shit nowadays they would stop us and go arrest the parents for child abuse or some shit. All bc of millennials.