Coders of Sup Forums, how can I get time needed for ping to get to address A? Not round trip A-B-A but A-B only?

Coders of Sup Forums, how can I get time needed for ping to get to address A? Not round trip A-B-A but A-B only?

you're a retard who should drop out asap
if you can't work this out then you have no hope of completing next year

Pls bro. I can't just divide by 2 round trip there must be better solution.

>710122033
not to be a dick but solve this a+a=2x
x=?

I know what you're saying but you can't expect time from A-B be the same as B-A.

wow, we found a faggot even dumber than OP

Why not just use the ping command?

I was thinking about writing the starting time in a message and B would write receiving time and send it back. But that won't work because there's no way two computers have the same time in millisecond.

If your on windows...

Open cmd
Ping (ip address)

Need a breakdown of Route?

Open cmd
Tracert (ip address)

because i need to do it as my assignment. and in cmd ping there's only round route.

Holy shit this can't be real no one is this retarded, this must be bait

Send 2 messages:

first with client timestamp. server calculates this as offset from server time.

Second message with timestamp... Etc

c'mon bros. I'm dumb but I believe you can help OP :(

You'd have to do something like:

A sends a "ping" with a GMT time stamp.
B receives the ping and keeps a running average of the trip time(A to B) using the time difference.
B then sends an response back to A that includes the trip time plus another time stamp.
A calculates B to A trip time using the server time stamp and stores off the "To Server" trip time it received.

You have:

1. time from your machine to the server
2. time for server to respond
3. time from server to your machine.

In order to know the true duration between A and B, you'd need the clocks on A and B to be synchronized and then you'd either need B to do the math and return the result or B to return a timestamp.

I don't think "ping" does this but perhaps another command would?

Don't assume it's 1/2 the round trip even though that may be fairly accurate.

y'all niggas doin shit the hard way
you are A
foreign is B
B tells A the time at B
B tells A the time at B
A now knows how long it takes for the B-A trip
/ping
subtract B-A from A-B-A

No. It only know the time that took from creation of first time message to creation of second time message + the time needed to come to A and that's something what we don't know. So at the end, we don't even know the true time needed from creation of first time message to second time message.

you really are a dumb motherfucker
once A knows what time it is at B, it can work out the B-A time by subtracting send time from arrival time
if it makes it easier for you, imagine the first step is A telling B what time it is at A so that B can say "when it was that time for you, it was this time for me"

"when it was that time for you, it was this time for me"

Ignoring the time needed for that message to arrive. And that's something we don't know.

1 - Delete System32.
2 - Profit

Theoretically you can't find just A to B. You can bound it though.

You can't assume that clocks on two different machines are synced perfectly and any calculation of their error would involve an Time(A->B->A) / 2 step.

Best way to do it is to just do the above Time(A->B->A) / 2. With this Time(A->B->A) you can then bound Time(A->B) by [0,Time(A->B->A)]