Has anyone here failed/dropped out of college? Hows life been since you left school?

Has anyone here failed/dropped out of college? Hows life been since you left school?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6zXPFSWQMdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a disgrace to my family and myself and everyone around me thinks that I've wasted all the opportunities I had in life and that I deserve this.

I still get to live & game while doing absolutely nothing so its ok.

didn't go to college and instead spent my time educating myself with technical training (IT)

College isn't required, don't let people tell you that. It's just a part of the system that makes the world go round and round. of course they want you to be indebted to the institution.

Dropping out of college was the single most responsible financial decision I ever made in my life. Really wish I had gotten that dust collecting piece of paper tho, even tho I've never had to show one at any interview I've ever had

Hows your job?
Does it pay well?

I kinda dropped out for the most part although I did take 1 class this semester. I don't have the patience or motivation to spend tons of money on college and sit in a boring class all day. I got a job in the field I was studying anyway (IT) and I'm doing pretty good so far. I work as a systems administrator in a datacenter. I plan to just climb the latter.

What do you do now?

I'm an insurance agent. Married. House. Buddy just graduated with a bachelors, no job experience, 25, still at same job he was while he was attending, Home Depot.

Same

I quit in highschool however im in canada so our schools are better than most but still

School is for losers
College fags don't get pussy
Many turn into "artists" hipster fags

Drop outs do real work
Get paid good
Invest
Learn the value of a dollar
Start businesses
Get rich
Become landlords

You choose

as a manager that hires, i can tell you i'll not consider you over somebody with a degree. tho in healthcare, this is to be expected

Me. I've been on and off college for more than a decade now. Currently working from home as a glorified virtual assistant.

Pay's more than enough to get me by and buy me good stuff like a car and a mid-tier gaming PC, but aside from that, I don't see a career ladder in my future. College is still the best way to open up good opportunities.

Also, the prestige of having a degree makes it easier for you to socialize. People have an easier time measuring you up when you're a professional, i.e. attorney, doctor, engineer, etc. No need to explain what you do for a living and its significance to society.

incredibly easy. there's a lack of IT workers in the states right now, it's why there's so many fucking h1b indian imports.

i get paid $70k/yr for the easiest HTML work. Trying to switch to get paid more and not work with retards.

Interestingly enough, some ppl here at my office actually did get their degrees. Only difference between us is their degree is collecting dust on the wall behind them and they're in debt. I'm not.

Ive finished school a few days ago and i cannot stand having nothing to do

Never finished engineering school. Have engineering job and pay. But I apprenticed as well as went to college.

Pls guide me into the good direction senpai

Ps not op but tech savy alcoholic fuck that need to get back on track

Thanks in advance man

I got fucked over in scholarships cuz the office kept delaying registering me, yet allowed me to take classes for two years while the website made it look like I was getting a full ride with my grants and shit.

So I was basically forced to drop out when 2 years of private college debt came crashing down on me all at once because "Well Mr. user, it says you were never fully registered as a student (I went through that shit SIX TIMES and each time I was told everything was good in the end) so your scholarships/grants don't apply to the classes that you took! We need the money, now."

All in all 2 years later, I've got a decent job, a girlfriend, my own place, and probably a house soon.

"Dropping out" only sucked when I didn't know that there were other options. Don't give up, user.

Living the dream

Do you know if theres a lack of psychologists in the states?

I went to college for one semsester. Failed and eventually dropped out. Now I work instead while slowly making my grades from elementary better so I can take an education I want. So pretty good I would say.

that girl is hot
youtube.com/watch?v=6zXPFSWQMdY

went into college right after HS. hated it. dropped out. started working jobs, and am now in a comfy-ish 33k/yr job. not a lot of money but i live simply and don't have a spouse/gf, so no money drain there. own place, car, etc. can't complain.

college is a scam for the young.

>HTML

I was told that shit was pretty much useless.
I'm an accounting major as of now and I fucking hate it. I've been in and out of college for a while and I'm not sure if I can do it.

I attend one of the most prestigious universities in the world, but I still use all my time smoking pot.

so say you go for an interview and out of a guy with qualifications up the ass and the guy that has next to nothing, what are the odds of them picking you? i'm pretty sure they're not in your favour

google.

Bio-medical dropout here.

Honestly not bad at all, despite the debt they still hound me over my life has been a lot less stressful and I'm enjoying my job as a project manager for a retail company.

dropped out of college, now i just live off of shitty trailers for a shitty company

And i work from home where i make youtube videos and total i get around 2.5K euros a month. i aint mad at all.

Senpai please help

Stuck serving in a small town with some debt, but I got a pretty badass place. It's actually my mom's.

Not him, but It depends on your state. You will need a M.A or higher to be taken seriously though.

Key words? Where should i start please user

I failed out of law school and got a liberal arts master's. I'm making $21 per hour as I type this.

Wish I would've finished school just for the experience/ smarter friends. Money comes and goes. From the college grads I know, the experience was worth it.

Failed last fall due to depression and lack of adderall. About to fail again. Finally got back on Addy after 2 years but it's too late in the semester. Im considering either suicide or giving up and moving to the Pacific Northwest to become a musician and either make it big or fail hard and blow my brains out on a Coke binge.

idk i just could not stand classes. it's just glorified high school material that makes you "write" like 19th century scholar, but if you try to dig deeper enough for it to be useful everybody wants you to stop.

growing up actually contributing to freebsd kernel and other open source shits I just could not stand this arrogant smart jew atmosphere and decided to employ myself.

If you think people in college are smart you are delusional

Now there's Noopept.

Just get a real job instead of wasting ammo

We're all full up on your kind. Kindly just stay where you are and follow your dreams. Or try Austin or Nashville...

I go to a very competitive school so everyone here tends to fuck each other over.

I want to die
I'm already a paranoid fuck

dropped out of college due to not really going anywhere with it. didn't enjoy my major and had no desire to major in anything. decided to join a trade school, as i'm a very hands on person. I love it

I wasn't ready for college right out of high school, and it's perfectly fine if you don't succeed in college. It happens. I started working for a landscaping company and made a shit ton before they canned me for a bullshit reason.

The main jist is do what makes you happy.

How did trade school go? That's what I am wanting to get into.

How did you start?

College can be a scam... or it works well. I graduated, found work in my field (that requires a degree) and make 85k + pension and benefits. Wife is stay at home with the baby, car is paid for, and house payment is easy. Student loan debt is down to $4k.

Going to college to 'find yourself' or get an unmarketable degree is a life crippling mistake. Using college to get into a field with barriers to entry isn't bad.

whos this bitch?

Bachelor with honours is what i need to becone registered in australia

very well. going to college made me hopeless just like high school. still had no idea what i wanted or where i would go. one day decided fuck it and quit and immediately joined a culinary school. now I am a cook at a nice upscale restaurant. My goal is to open my own one day, as well as serve my own beers. the school also taught me the business aspect which was very nice

Fuck really?

Well then yeah I'd say go for it. People are more depressed now than ever.

not sure. a random anons gf i think. i like her smile

Post more

Honestly I really didn't get much out of college. Granted it was a community college full of niggers but I got my 2 yr degree and am making $100k + more than likely for the rest of my life.

All in all college is worth it, I went to community because I didn't know what I wanted to do when I graduated high school so I just went in and took a few classes towards what I do now. Found it interesting enough and graduated with 0 debt thanks to scholarships but even if I had debt it would have been paid in a year or 2.

try college (art and multimedia)
>quit because of no interest
>try work (groceries store)
>get fired for incompetence
try specific program at college (video games)
>quit because too hard
try private course (video games)
>quit because dislike it
official recluse now

>having dropped out of college 3 times for everything from computer technology to criminal law
Got a real job, like a man. Pour concrete. Starting pay is much higher than something stupid like cashier/cook, then get learnt and prove it-money goes up fast. Even further down the road your own company? Retarded amounts of money, while you watch everyone do the work. Or don't even watch, still millionaire.
Tl;dr: be what you were born to be. A man not a sissy beta faggot

I've dropped out of my classes two semesters in a row. I still leave for the same amount of time every day so my parents don't know and I have a place to live.

stupid faggot it's idiots like you who are ruining the economy

go get an engineering degree you useless shit

I don't understand why people shit on CC. Like when I went their I ended up meet really nice people and also saved a fuck ton a money. Only one class didn't transfer through, but it was kinda my fault for not cheeking.

Its not for everyone man you can do good things after leaving collage

>falling for the engineering degree meme

basically the same as this poster. but learned a few things in college and dropped out, as i realized i didn't want to do graphic design and instead went into technical posistions instead. started in tech support, then database support, then programming that database support into an automated web interface. now im working directly with the owner of the company doing billing and financial audit systems.

i work from home, i started a small retail business on the side which i do front desk stuff two days a week. i have a girl a daughter and a dog, but only rent a house as i don't want to live in the desert for the rest of my life.

I'm an engineer you dumb asshole, it's actually true

how old are you? that's really brave story btw

I finished one year, but never went back. Now I'm a construction worker.

How long do you think you'll be able to do this? I've see old guys working in construction and they look like they're about to die. Feel really bad for them.

I'm 24 but I'm not saying I own my own business but I'm respected where I work and make good pay, my boss however came up that way. No education, and I plan on having my own company in ten years or so.

Yeah I think total it took me like right at 3 years to get my degree and graduated in December. Hired on at a plant where my dad worked and my brother used to work before it split into $29 BASE pay. With full benefits 401k matching and a pension.

Yet I have friends going to uni to graduate and come out making 40k a yr. I just don't get that.

You get fucking paid though
Most construction workers buy beer drugs and bitches. Invest. Set a goal to not be the employee one day

College is the opposite for me in Cali. I put that I'm poor, that I need assistance and they pay me 20,000 a year to attend. That's cash other money pays off my class and reduces parking permit cost.
You get a degree, you can learn a new trade anytime in life and it's free. Can't say college has been all bad. Oh and my grades are passing nothing special really.

I "took a semester off" so I could get a job, make money and have fun; never went back, no one ever does. That was in 1995. Single dad, 40, juggling 2 jobs now. Worst mistake of my life.

Dropout quiz since OP is a dumb faggot

>graduating high school GPA
>time spent in college
>reason for dropping out
>current job/happiness
>plans for the future

failed and wasted about $30k at a college, got an F in calc and csII

now i go to community college, getting better grades hopefully i can transfer to a good place next year

yeah well some people might mumble it's not 80s anymore but I still believe it's determination that completes you not degree.

I wish you good luck user

I only came here for the tits
Gwarchive
dot
com/user/Alyssa_at_night

The ironic thing is that i have depression

I'm graduating this year with my bachelors in criminal justice and sociology, but I do not know whether to go into a police force job or join a military branch( marines or navy)

My cousin joined the marines right after highschool and he is doing very well by himself, financially that is

Id like some good input

hahahah my sides i dont even have high school
>be romanian average guy
>blessed with fighting talent
>make lots of money as part time triner and MMA fighter soon going in the UFC

3.7 (IB diploma)
2 years and half this semester
Haven't dropped but considering it bc might not be doing well in some classes
Student/sad
Try to be happy

I may have been raised on a farm, but I belong in the city. If I lived in Austin or Nashville, instead of killing myself I'd end up killin others.

military first, then police, then senate, retire on the govt dole.

Honestly that's my plans in bout 2 years when I graduate but I'd say join the Air Force they give benefits every which way and when you get out just like any other branch they help you with your mortgage

hahahah
>making 30k in 6 months doing nothing just waking up the fight day and win then go home with two ring girls and deep fucking..
>school is useless

Retard

Yeah I get that too, these are hard times, in USA economy at least, but I still make it and have a pretty good life. Thanks,
The most important thing I try to remember is "everything always works out".
It can be shitty sometimes but if you just keep it in your head; that's the unimportant shit that leads to the good stuff. Always stay chill,
Aight well my lunch is over gonna pour some fuckin mud

Good luck Sup Forumsrother

Manual labor unless youre union is brutal as you age. Starting your own business also isnt that easy

dropped out of design school.

Started my own design firm. I use the term "firm" loosely, there was 2 of us.

I now work in corporate america as a UX manager. $130k/y

It's not the piece of paper. It's your experience.

Don't go to college unless you plan on getting a bachelor's or better, and don't go for business unless you plan to get your MBA.

I can't tell you how many people get degrees for jobs they could have got with a certification.
Also, the market is glutted with people with degrees. I just put out an add for a receptionist, and more than half of the applicants have an associate's or bachelor's degree in something.

I dropped out of school at age 13. I never looked back. I work at Sup Forums now..

yes. 14 years ago and life is good
i am a team lead of 8 software engineers and i am absolutely delighted to remind them their boss is a dropout at every chance i get.

>History major dropout. Played collegiate American football. Dropped out to because i didnt want to be in debt. Regret it everyday.

I haven't really researched what the Air Force does specifically but yeah many people recommend the military because it looks good anywhere

What do you do now?

Manuel labor my whole life and starting a business can be that easy if you don't live in some over populated shit hole, I live in rural America and it is that easy, my grandfather has 3 of them technically. And there would have been a silver spoon for me but I did a bunch of criminal shit when I was a kid so I'm on a thin line with him

>asshole attitude.
granted that college and the public education isn't for everyone, just because you drop out doesn't mean you're an unsuccesful person. however, educated people aswell as dropouts can equally fall into shit life situations and shit paying jobs. The job-market is always relative and ever changing. today engineering is popular in 10-15 years labor workers will be much more valuable and needed, cause too many fucking engineers planning ahead instead of just getting shit done.

Why is it that a lot of people who dropout or choose not to go to college have a job related to computer science, I understand technology is everything now but do people not like hardworking jobs anymore, I'm a certified diesel mechanic, very physical but it does put a lot of food on the table

>asshole attitude.
not really. i do it as a joke and they call me the dropout. we have a great team dynamics

and i agree completely with you about the job market, shit is tough

I'm with you OP

>be me
>HS dropout
>work at resort have fun
>too much fun
>buy first house @ 21yo regardless of party lifestyle
>leave ski resort
>get into trades
>1st trades job make about $65/yr
>never look back bitches
>buy condo @ 27
>start working camp jobs
>make 100K+/yr for almost 6 years
>have 2 rental properties
>live in 5bd/2ba with family
>regret nothing cept maybe college experiences missed
>lifesgoodmang.ini

Dropped out last Fall semester. Had a falling out with parents, got kicked out, had to work longer hours to keep ends met, and grades suffered too much.

Decided to go into the military until I get everything re-sorted and then going back though.

I dropped out of college, taught myself software engineering, and I'm now 24 making $140k and looking like I'm going to get a raise of ~$15k during annual reviews this December after less than a year at this company. I have no student debt, paid it all off.

How?!?!?!

1. I dropped out of ART school. Shit was worthless, but thankfully also didn't put me in too much debt.

2. I am a self-taught software engineer, BUT I also had rich relatives willing to float/house me while I was learning, which I took fucking seriously. I followed MIT's CS curriculum, bought textbooks, spent at least 6-8 hours every day practicing code. It was not easy, but not worrying about rent or food made it infinitely easier.

3. I had a lot of connections. My first salaried job didn't even involved being interviewed or screened, which I definitely would have failed at the time. I was also super lucky that it was a low-risk, isolated prototyping role so my fuck ups never meant anything.

4. I have serious Impostor Syndrome. Have been working as dev for 3 years now, I'm a Senior Engineer, I interview candidates, mentor junior devs, etc... but in my mind I'm still waiting for everything to come crashing down and someone to call me on my bullshit. Even though rationally I realize I've actually become a pretty competent programmer, this fear drives me to overachieve and obsessively learn anything I realize I don't already know. It's stressful, but it's good motivation.