Any visual basicfags up in here?

Any visual basicfags up in here?

>be me
>got job as a developer
>requires vb6 knowledgr
>lied and said I know it
>only know mostly web based back end dynamic languages php, ColdFusion, python

How fucked am I my first day? I have two weeks to cram as much as I can, and must complete a 'crud' in vb6 with access and/or MySQL my first day to pass.

Any help? Just got done DL'ing visual fucking studio which I thought I was done with after first year of college. Fuck me.. Pls halp Sup Forums, Sup Forums sucks cocks.

Bump for my future well being or I'm homeless after this month.

LOLWUT You don't have any knowledge of the complex languages? Guess what, bud, I do. What do you need help with?

I know some c++, but I've been into web development the past 8 or so years working professionally, so my, whatever type of programming you want to call 'non-web based ones' are very limited.

Well, I just need to know maybe some good exercises to start off with. I'm fucked when it comes to access. How well do I need to learn the gui of access? Can I just skip access and use mysql for everything?

Just everything and anything man. Help a nigger out... For someone who has two weeks to learn as much vb6 as possible.

Basically the company that hired me is into the shipping business. They have a complete platform designed in vb. Like to calculate taxes, costs, shipping boxes, anything and everything like that.

They sell the software cash registers use basically. I'll be doing stuff with that. Any ideas?

You're talking about object-based programming. You focus on writing logic rather than shitty plebeian web dev shit. Post me yoir email, use a burner if you want, and I'll send you some resources to use, then you can go through them and message me with any questions. I don't habe time to teach you alone from scratch

OP here

One more thing..

Basically all I need to pass is my first test. I need to create a crud. Acronym is create, read, update, display.

So needs to input values such as names/addresses into my db, be able to type in a name to search db, then spit the data out. Know what I mean?

Simplest form of that, can u write me a ly rly quick one? XD

Not kidding I'll PayPal you 20.00

Oh, that shit is child's play. I thought you might be doing something actually complex. I could write you a program in an hour that would calculate a quarter of a million employees compounding yearly salaries.

No bro, no!! Object oriented, top down programming is used in pretty much ALL dynamic back end languages for web development in 2016. PhP is object oriented. C#. Net is as well. Wtf?

Its just differs in syntax.

Omg yes, user, please please please can u paste me something? Please!!

Honest to God I've been go going for a few days now and can't get something JUST doing that. It's either too simple or too complex. I'm not good enough with the syntax yet to grab a snippet from something. Please user

Like I said, post an email I can get back to in a couple of hours. I'm working right now

OP here. Wow rly? Hmm try Caterpillar.racer@gmail

Would be sooooo helpful!! Ty!! My gfs ass for that post. More to come if u actually send. Checking my email

Or if you would prefer I can just tell you right now how to have your console program display the data you want after you input it.

It's good to see there's still some anons on this shit that can still code. You'd make a post like this in 2009 and everyone would be posting code samples for other anons.

Been here since 07, the content is still.the same, the people havd just gotten less educated

Yes please do! Don't worry about formatting, I'm sure this post will screw it up I'll paste and fix

Agreed kek

Cool, so after creating an array of string values you'll write something along the lines of:

(Console.readline ();)
Console.WriteLine ("Employee data:" + employee0);
Console.ReadLine ();

Just replace employee0 with whatever you name the entries in your actual data pool

If you name your entries properly whatever name you enter into the console will display that employee's info. Just put the data in your array table.

OK so that's showing to user where to enter info to go into the db? How do I get it once stored? Like say I already have a full db with fname, lname, addr

How do I reference the db table? How do I make sure name/value pairs are getting into correct db spots? How do I fucking use access and is it a necessity using vb?

OK here's another thing. I see there's create console program and WPF application.

I want to make a noob prog with a shitty ui they can click etc.

I found a free torrent version of visual Studio 2013. Am I going to need the newest version?

That's what I'm saying. The console.writeline command allows the user to make their own text input. Once they do, assuming they type a name/value in your array, or "database" as you called it, the console will display the info associated with that name, assuming you use the command I just wrote and your array actually has the char values assigned

Just create a console program, and visual studio basic is free on Microsoft's website, iirc. Just don't get the pro version

Well I need it to write to a local database. Stored on the database server. Not just push everything into an array on the local machines hdd.

I need this all to go into a db see what I'm saying? Or am I missing something different with vb6?

Holy shit it is free? I couldn't find a full version for free. I'll check again though ty. Are there any other good ide's or editors? I hate vs

Ahhh, now I get what you mean. You need your inputs to update an existing input. I get it. So they're just testing to see if you know how to use loops and data updating. Still very simple stuff.