Why is rock worse than EDM for subgenres, holy fuck

Why is rock worse than EDM for subgenres, holy fuck

>Shoegaze is a genre of late '80s and early '90s British indie rock, named after the bands' motionless performing style, where they stood on stage and stared at the floor while they played
A genre defined by the artists staring at their fucking shoes? Really?

>Emo is a loosely categorized rock music genre characterized by expressive, often confessional, lyrics.
Wow, best give that a whole new genre name because they sing about >tfwngf, no other rock band does that, right, fucking blues artists were doing that

>Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music inspired, influenced, or representative of psychedelic culture, or intended to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs, most notably LSD.
So thats rock by junkies, best give those degenerate fucks a whole genre label too

>the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness.
Heavy rock with guitar wankery, really, a different genre why?

Fucking autistic bullshit

who cares

>Garage rock is a term derives from the perception that groups were often made up of young amateurs who rehearsed in the family garage, although many were professional.
A whole genre label because of recording location, which wasn't even true, this is pure autism

To be frank I find the fetishization of genre descriptors to be highly autistic and inherently unmusical after a point. It becomes a tool for the narcissist, to define entire musical statements with his "trenchant observations" of vague and pointless minutia.

It's for lonely fags to fight about, like whether Zelda is an "AKCHUAL RPG" or "STRICTLY AN ADVENTURE GAME WITH ROLE PLAYING ELEMENTS"

Music fans on Sup Forums bored of 30 spammed threads about the same genre with different, often pointless microgenrw labels probably

This is how I picture you

A better question is, why does EDM rip-off rock genre names?
>Acid
>Garage
>Hardcore

old people love rock

>I haven't heard any of this, but i'll comment on it based on one sentence I read in wikipedia
Yikes

actually the people who make these threads look like this

>''classical''
>thats fine

>''jazz'
>thats fine

>''world music''
>thats fine

>call a 2nd wave post-rock band 3rd wave
>YOU FUCKING RETARDED CUNTING IDIOTIC REDDITOR KYS

Only on Sup Forums

>wow I love rock!
>me too! Do you like Swans, Godspeed You! Black emperor and Big Black?
>what are those? :P I listen to Nickelback and Foo Fighters, they're my favorite xD

>A genre defined by the artists staring at their fucking shoes?
No it's defined by the excessive use of effects pedals. That's what they were staring at, not their shoes.
>Wow, best give that a whole new genre name because they sing about >tfwngf, no other rock band does that, right
In the punk and hardcore scene, no they didn't. Because of this move for a more emotional theme, the music and fanbase and thus scene became quite different from hardcore.
>So thats rock by junkies
Most music is by drug addicts. Not an argument.
>Heavy rock with guitar wankery, really, a different genre why?
Because it sounds completely different than soft rock with no wankery, doesn't it?

>Looking up the "definitions" of all the different sub-genres on wikipedia to copy and paste for this post
>Accuses others of being autistic

Lol.

Btw, something that might shed some light on the situation is that names for styles usually originate from the followers of that scene when it originated or from some moniker that media started using or a bastardization of the two ect., it's often a geographical thing as well because sounds come out of one city at first often and are linked to a certain demographic of people there - remember all of these terms you gave as examples would have been coined before the internet, so it's not like all the rock fans in the world were communicating with one another alot of these started as regional terms.
I don't know why you would be so surprised to learn that avid music fans and followers come up with slang names and shit to differentiate different styles that end up being the name of a so called "sub genre"s. It's almost like you looked all these wanky rock definitions up on Wikipedia like a dickhead and thought like idk all the rock fans in the world just named all of these by committee one day.

Only plebs care about genres, it's all just guitar music.

If you think classicalfags don't sperg over eras and jazzfags don't sperg over subgenres you don't actually post in threads about those forms of music.

Link me to the /hard bop/ general or the /chamber music/ general

>OP walks into a massive record store
>For some reason they just have one fucking entire floor simply labelled "Rock" in alphabetical order because fuck sub genres,
>Everything from My Bloody Valentine to Fleetwood Mac to Cattle Decapitation to Fall Out Boy to The Antlers to Jerry Lee Lewis
>It's literally impossible to casually peruse the aisles because there are so many records not separated into different styles whatsoever

The 2000 years of classical must take up 3 floors then.

Good job there's one /classical/ thread on here and 10 generals for rock, huh

>Good job popular music is discussed by an overwhelming popular majority on a popular imageboard
WOW WHOD HAVE THOUGHT

Normies rule amirite

When did they not?

Seriously though zelda is not an RPG

Wow I didn't know this was an actual thing.

How is Zelda not an RPG?

Not gonna sperg out cuz I don't really care but Zelda doesn't have stats or character levels.

Are you retarded?

Not an argument
Of course it does. Heart containers, rupees, etc

>2000 years of classical must take 3 floors then

It really can though, what's your point?

There should be more than one "classical" thread for the plethora of difference on a music board if there's more than 10 for rock. (Shoegaze, emoe, metal, etc)

So Devil May Cry is an RPG because it has a health bar? GTA is an RPG because you have money and a health bar?

idk never played them.

Does the maximum health you can have increase as you advance in the game?

>Of course it does. Heart containers, rupees, etc
Eh, not really the same thing at all. That's just money and health upgrades. Things that most all games have, RPG or otherwise.

>health upgrades
See: Stats

>comparing threads to records sold at music store

Are you fucking stupid?

Picking up an item that gives you more health is not the same as using experience (or whatever) to level up your stats.

Why? You earn it after beating the bosses. It's essentially a visual representational of leveling up

Also you do literally level up and gain experience in Zelda II

His hair looks like it was done with the Spraycan in MSPaint

>using the term "EDM" unironically to describe anything that's not American corporate dance-pop bollocks