Untitled

?

Civil War
Jurassic World

Vertigo

What is The Boondock Saints?

What is Donnie Darko?

Avatar is almost underrated now, everyone hates it.

Fight club

Shawshank Redemption

This

What is Les 400 coups?

TDKR
LOTR ROTK
Spiderman 2

Good, it sucks. The only thing it had going for it was special effects. As the movie gets more dated and the effect novelty wears off, more people realize the film is weak and boring.

Anything by pixar

The Dark Knight
The Big Lebowski

Deadpool.

Of all time? Probably Psycho

Recently? Zootopia, or maybe The Revenant if we're talking oscar bait

Citizen Kane

>ever
>>of all time? Probably Psycho
>ever
>ever
>ever

>muh sled

Airplane

Casablanca

>Muh acting
>Muh drums
>Muh camera

Movie was still shit.

2001: A Space Oddyssey

This

>people tell me it's one of the best mystery thrillers
>all they remember is the shower scene

Every movie with an 8.0 or higher on imdb. If a movie is popular it's automatically overrated, no matter what the movie is.

I enjoy shawshank but it's definitely overrated.

Can any of you guys elaborate on your choices is is this thread is just gonna be people arbitrary posting film's names?

Cool Runnings

well, because people feel cool for understanding the surrealism and they think it makes them sound like they know about films when they don't really

>I can't enjoy Orson's magnum opus because of muh spoiler

F off

What is Boondock Saints?

Avengers Age of Ultron

American Beauty and Fight Club
I hate both. Plus every 16 year old little shit thinks fight club is the greatest movie ever.

>A legit 0/10 movie that some people consider a 9/10

Sounds about right.

The Big Lebowski

You shut your filthy pleb mouth, Airplane is kino

Rear Window

What is The Shawshank Redemption, Alex?

>>Orson's magnum opus
>not The Magnificent Amberson's
I guess middle school kids can't be expected to even know about the movie

these are all acceptable answers in my book

What is Lawrence of Arabia

You didn't elaborate at all, you just gave a retarded reason to consider the film overrated. Please leave this board and never come back.

The Crow

>why is the film overrated
>you didn't elaborate you just gave a reason to consider the film overrated

>any of Orson's later work being better than Kane

He can dismiss it all he wants, it's his best film and anyone whose familiarity with his work goes beyond reading posts on Sup Forums knows that. But of course, a 15 year old such as yourself can't be expected to actually watch the works they're discussing when you can just listen to what anonymous morons on the internet tell you.

The movie isn't bad, and I know it's a stupid way of looking at it, but I can't get over the number one on plebmdb.

this. how do you get Willem Dafoe and Billy Connolly and still make a movie that shitty

>can't be expected to actually watch the works they're discussing
I have chicks to plow and video games to play. I'll have RT and RLM summarize for me.

>What is Inception?

I hope for your sake you're merely pretending.

You actual fucking idiot. Talk about the film itself. Elaborate on why the film gets more praise than it deserves. Anything else other than HURRR DURR SOME PPL WHO LIKE IT R SILLEH

godfather

This is a great movie but it's overrated because it was great by accident. Clancy Brown is not supposed to be memorable, Morgan Freeman's old knowledgeable wise black guy bullshit started with this movie and it's one of the few that Tim Robbins isn't complete trash, and the director has been a hilarious failure at everything else he's ever done

Fight Club was the greatest movie of all time until the last 25 minutes.

you are right

Anything in the Star wars series, bar maybe the Empire strikes back.

This series is carried by nostalgia, and though the themes were fresh some 30 years ago, they don't carry the same impact as they did on release. They're still good movies and they're fun but they haven't aged well yet they're still paraded as works of cinematic art.

Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy

because the film is fine, nothing revolutionary. It's a little drawn out to the point where you're waiting for Frank to show up again so you can progress through the film a little more instead of watching an edgy teen. But the point is the general audience, you the the people who rate the films, consider it great because they think they're watching some thought provoking film so they overrate it.
If you don't think talking about the audience's opinion on a film when talking about overrated films is important then you're a literal retard

The first Star Wars is a paragon of tight editing and perfection in pacing. That alone gives it props.

Agreed. Awful boring shit. Gold standard for shit that people hate but are forced to say they like because other people pretend to like it.

Forrest Gump

>I hope for your sake you're merely pretending
Only when I LARP

>Gold standard for shit that people hate but are forced to say they like because other people pretend to like it

What is the Dark Knight?

On this board: Primer

Irl: The Avengers

no its fucking shit

this

Pulp Fiction?
No Country for Old Men?
both of which are good, but I think that they get a lot of credit for being the right movie at the right time as opposed to actually being superlative movies. Pulp Fiction is the movie that put Tarantino on the map and "changed the face of cinema" or whatever, and NCFOM gave a pair of critical darlings a big "important" "serious" movie. But neither is as good as their reputation.

kys

no country is overrated as fucking hell. pulp fiction is overrated but at least theres a reason

I genuinely enjoyed it. Cunt.

Crash and boondock saints.

Keit-ai.

this, overrated shit, stopped it twice already

Most of Spielberg/Cameron/Tarantula/Dolan movies
The Star Wars OT
Sam Raimi's Spiderman
Any Marvel film but especially the ensemble ones
Drive
The Matrix

What do I win?

The Avengers has a hugely fun action scene at the end, and makes its audience forget that the movie is largely arguments on a plane

The Matrix (1999)

Fall asleep every time.

speilberg is fine. as is the ot

chekd m80

Boondock saints is overrated but still a good flick. Willem Dafoe is GOAT in that movie.

Avengers is utter trash. Primer aint bad. Its essential budgetofninedollars core.

kys the avengers is painful to watch

any john hughes film

>hugely fun action scene at the end

>Spielberg is fine

LOL

Anything by Steven Spielburg that isn't Jurassic Park.

Nigga you don't like Jaws?

Agreed on spiderman
>orange filter the movie
>down syndrome jane wattson
>laughable villians
Pleb tier entertainment

Blade is still the best capeshit

i liked war horse, much more than the play. munich is pretty good, minority report is pretty good (havent seen it in a while), bridge of spies was pretty good, jurassic park obviously, jaws, close encounters

Jaws a shitte m7

not him but you cant say its shit. you dont have to like it or think it a masterpiece but its not shit

Spielberg is alright now but there was a time in the 90s where Hollywood was constantly sucking his dick. Schindlers list is especially guilty.

And ET...holy fuck ET was the king of overrated movies before CGI really came into play.

No.

yea i never liked ET really. havent seen schindlers list lol.....his recent stuff besides lincoln has been good

I literally hope you get mutilated by one of these in shallow water