Lets bitch about how stupid "cultural appropriation" is

Lets bitch about how stupid "cultural appropriation" is.

I'll go first,

So i guess when white people play television from other country's who are dominantly another race its also "cultural appropriation"? What about when other country's do it? its fine because white people are the plague of the world and it must be there fault.

I fucking hate when feminist do this shit so fucking much, i can tolerate some things but Jesus fuck i hate this.

I wonder what would happen if you went up to an sjw and declared that no asian or african can dress up as a colonial american or brit, or dress up as a viking.

You'd probably be told off for being racist as we are all most likely the cis male scum

I wonder if you told them that they are wearing clothes made by white people that they are Appropriating your culture.

No one ever said anything about receiving television signals from other countries. Strawman argument.

Fashion != disguises. First nations are pissed off because you're using their cultural symbols as silly disguises to go LOLOLO I'M A INDIAN WARRIOR LOL :^) xDDD and basically make a big joke of what they used to be before we assimilated them. It's not the same as disguising as people who won wars or people who were completely wiped off the earth and were scum in the first place.

my ancestors came from italy in the 1900s, so no, they didnt kill any native americans

What I mean is when you make the fucking argument that you can't even learn a language then you assume you can't even fucking watch TV without some dumb feminist cuck getting pissed off. Stop trying to troll and Fuck off.

I'm a Native American, and I don't give a shit. I was upset when U of I got rid of their Indian Mascot because it feels like the last remnants of my culture are fading into obscurity. Culture is a set of shared ideas and practices perpetuated by people who live in the same area and they pass them down for generations. You can't steal an idea because it doesn't belong to anyone. You ever eaten a taco? I guess you're appropriating from Mexicans. Are you telling me I can't make rap music because Black people own it? If you watch anime you're a hypocrite.

The Native Americans died off because their immune systems were geared towards fighting viruses, not bacteria. They got killed off because of a freak accident of nature, and it was nobody's fault.

Google Syncretism, its what happens when cultures blend. Its how we get cool new shit.

But your white so that makes you privileged

>So i guess when white people play television from other country's who are dominantly another race its also "cultural appropriation"? What about when other country's do it? its fine because white people are the plague of the world and it must be there fault.

Cultural appropriation is an act of racism, and only whites can be racist. So go fuck yourself you fucking rape apologizing scum

>my ancestors

my ancestors are slavs you fucking pieces of shit

they only kill themselves and nazis

i love these faggots who assume shit

Who cares what they think? Just laugh at their inferiority.

I didn't know smallpox was one of my ancestors.

Okay well for one thing, it looks like the majority of native americans disagree with you, so, too bad for you?

Like I said, there's specific reasons why wearing an indian warrior disguise is offensive. It's not the same as other examples of what people in this thread assimilate to cultural appropriation because there's a baggage of mockery behind it. Eating foreign food is not cultural appropriation. But it would be cultural appropriation to pretend your culture owns it. For example, I live in Quebec and I often hear english Canadians pretend poutine is a "Canadian" invention. Bullshit. Canadians are too anal-retentive to ever invent a meal made with cheese and gravy. That's our invention and if they didn't have us, they wouldn't have any culture in the first place.

Who said that ever? And who took them seriously?

Or live in a country made by white men, food by white men

More likely their clothes were made in a sweatshop by some Indian street-urchin under near slave-labour conditions.
Not that they actually give a fuck about something morally relevant when they have cheap outrage.

No it's fucking not, I'm a quarter fucking native American and I'm the Op, I know for damn sure Cherokee people give so little of a Fuck about that. I've lived around Cherokee people for all my life and I know this for a fucking fact

Stop whining. Do what ever you want. What's the worst a bunch of whiney cunts can do?

It's not actually offensive, though.

8/10

Well if you don't get why it's bad then maybe you're a little oblivious about the amount of contempt white people have for your kind.

I know it's a symptom of racism because I'm white and I can tell how white people feel about native americans. They think you're a big fucking dragged on cartoon series and they resent you for not being funny anymore and wanting to be treated like humans instead of a feral subspecies. That you're not offended by it doesn't make it okay.

literally nobody thinks that. but k.

RIP Chief Illiniwek

Pfft. White people don't have contempt towards native americans. Where the fuck did you get that idea?

We did what all other races on the fucking planet do: we saw an advantage and we took it. That was it. Our way of materialism was different from theirs. So we managed to buy land out from underneath them while they thought we were getting the raw deal in that people can't own the land. Look whose culture won.

It may be true that you're white, and you feel this contempt. However I can speak highly against you, and observe the actions of my peers that say vastly different.

You're an apologist. You find yourself superior compared to all others. To your fellow whites in that you think you're protecting someone else. To those whom you protect in that you think they're weak and need someone to assist them even when they don't ask.

You are the ultimate racist you piece of dog slime. You look down on your own people, and those different from you because you feel superior to them in every way and the only way to make yourself feel better sitting on your rotten thrown, you throw a few trenchers towards the unclean and unwashed in order to feel pity on them. That way you can claim you did a good deed while sitting in your filth.

Fuck you. I hate you fucking regressive liberals so damn much and I"m not even a fucking conservative. You people have strung along a fucking narrative for so fucking long with so much power and have never done anything to improve things. All you do is tighten your control, yell at your opponents while preaching tolerance and love as you burn the symbols of such to the ground.

Dude I just hear people complain about how native Americans are just whiny alcoholics and deserve to live in their poverty-ridden shitholes where crime rates are soaring because they have tax breaks. I didn't believe there was any problem between white people and native Americans before I actually heard white people express their problems with native Americans. And here you are writing a whole fucking novel about how you're presuming that I pull all of it out of my ass. Nice meme, retard.