soundcloud.com/mackned/sets/hc3-gbc-presents-hurt-cobain-3
horsehead99.bandcamp.com/album/lock-key
coldhart.bandcamp.com/album/v4mp1r3s
youtu.be/IzSdi6336B0
soundcloud.com/jpdreamthug/daughter-prod-horse-head
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got into a fistfight with that kid last year at a house party AMA

how did it start

Complete faggot, this new wave of retards like this guy, XXXtentacion and Lil Pump needs to die

Did you get into a fistfight with Lil Peep last year at a house party?

It was me and my two closest friends and my gf, one of my boys was dealing white at the time and this kid was acting real uppity but my buddy didn't know that because he was talking to some girl, so he comes to back to the area where I am, and this kid finds out my buddy pushes and since my friend is a nice guy he supplies him with a bump and then he starts to act really friendly.

LOOK AT MY TATTOOS IM SUCH A REBEL AND NONMAINSTREAM

so fucking boring.

i've been seeing posts like this a lot recently. maybe counter culture is becoming stale?

meh. dont think of him as too special but if you like his sound good for you

No, it's just the obvious try hards like him that people are sick of. Just fucking look at him.

you left out the part of the story where to got into a fistfight with lil peep
I have a hard time believing that happened because his atrophied body appears incapable of throwing a punch
like holy fucking shit dude do a push-up

Devils suck.

anyone catch the new doves EP?
thought is was one of gbc's best

he probably doesn't even like hockey. just got the jersey because it said "devil" on it.

>tfw you will never steal lil peeps lunch money and shove him into a locker

Man Pewdiepie really hit a rough patch.

Yeah peep is one of the stars of GBC desu

Tattoo's are sick, hiphop is sick. However he fails at pulling off either. There's also something so inherently white and shit about him, and his music. Like, I don't get that with Action Bronson, and with someone like Yung Lean his schtick is being a white pussy but this guy I dunno man.

That's what happens when you offend the jewish overlords

I feel like everyone in gbc is in on the joke that lil peep isn't good for anything but being a """pretty""" frontman to attract the goth girl demographic
he makes the rest of the clique look like lyrical geniuses and sound like angels in comparison
but regardless I listen to everything he releases, mostly just for the lil tracy verses that are better than his solo material, so hey you win lil peep

oh yeah, the new mackned tape was pretty good too

I GBC as a whole is an interesting movement. It could be the next big internet genre though it's already proven to be more than that with people like this selling out shows etc.

It's a bunch of kids who listened to American Football and sunny day real estate making music now.

>his grandfather and father are professors—at Harvard and Hofstra, respectively

Just like every other "artiste" he's just a fraud sucking on someone's teat, if his parents were blue collar nobodies he'd be working at Subway right now

this
another rich kid playing pretend

I agree. It's just a shame the collective as a whole doesn't get more attention
Wicca Phase, Horse Head, even Cold Hart are breaking mad ground and for every atrocious track the make there's an absolute gem for anyone into emo/alt-rnb/cloud-rap
seems like a lot of people immediately discredit the entire thing after looking at little peep or hearing the melon trash them

I don't understand this criticism. Their subject matter seems authentic desu
and "louey duffel bags full of heroin" is obviously just imagery it's not like he's trying to sell that he's a heroin dealer
lil peep even moreso is painfully authentic
his subject matter is entirely being addicted to drugs, trash women, and cringy feels and there's nothing pretend about that

"not good"

get a real job, fantano
also respect drain gang, you cuckboi

i have a real job. i'm very busy. green screen technology ain't cheap.

>Their subject matter seems authentic desu
its never authentic when they are one phone call away from getting out of their "troubled" lifestyle.

he twink

>you have to be too poor for rehab to be authentically addicted to drugs
so every affluent artist who abuses drugs is inauthentic too?
idgi
I mean I can understand why you wouldn't respect him for that but they're not faking anything like rick ross or some shit

he's like bones but even worse

At least he doesn't pretend like he's smarter than everybody for no good reason

Is his middle name Bo?

heres a song from a guy thats fucked over his life with drugs
youtube.com/watch?v=wICsfTDDPYA

heres lil peep moaning over his friends trap beats that will be forgotten in 2 years top
youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428

which song do you think is better

the only thing i've really heard from any of these guys is that wicca phase album from last year. what else is good?

I prefer White Wine and I don't care that you can argue that My Smile Is A Rifle is objectively better
What does this have to do with authenticity. I know Lil Peep is a moronic crybaby, and it shows in his music. It's enjoyable as a spectacle and I admitted that I think Lil Peep is a shitty lyricist, but I enjoy the production and the features

youtube.com/watch?v=heJNHYCSsIc

youtube.com/watch?v=AquInPAmqR0

youtube.com/watch?v=ShI6axFfqj4

youtube.com/watch?v=5a3UI3eVSM4

youtube.com/watch?v=q0wQxXTRgL0

Not every artist is GBC but more or less the same style

Doves is the most overlooked artist in the whole collective because he stays low key. His new EP is one of their best and all his work impressively self-produced
dovescry.bandcamp.com/album/ep2
Wicca Phase's previous album was probably better, more cloud-rappy and his earlier stuff was more lo-fi, dark, and experimental if you're into that. Everybody overlooks Passionate Yet which is the most genre-bending
wiccaphase.bandcamp.com/album/passionate-yet
Mackned is the most traditional rapper of the group and has pretty consistently good releases
soundcloud.com/mackned/sets/hc3-gbc-presents-hurt-cobain-3
Horse Head's new tape is alright if you can get used to his voice
horsehead99.bandcamp.com/album/lock-key
Cold Hart's new stuff I can't even tolerate but his some older tapes indescribably good
he's arguably the harbinger of the whole aethetic
coldhart.bandcamp.com/album/v4mp1r3s
also a they all have a slew of soundcloud singles and collabs that are worth browsing

lol he was talking about doves

peep is the weakest member of gbc

great recs tho i would recommend romantic over lock & key

i made this pic last year but never posted it bc only like 3 ppl on Sup Forums cared about anything gbc

oh & both of jpdreamthug's tapes are essential

yes, i was just thinking about how I forgot jpdreamthug
Was just considering how he was on a two year hiatus and was never really officially a part of the collective
glad at least you don't treat the whole thing like a joke

Whats the top left corner?

he's listed as a member on their soundcloud now. along w/ yawns (for whatever reason) & official

ghoste will always be a gbc member to me too even if he only had one release affiliated with them

horse head - romantic

He is our God

hope than means he'll start making music again
that and his feature on the doves EP are a good sign
gotta listen to ghoste again forgot about him
youtu.be/IzSdi6336B0

he dropped this the other day too
soundcloud.com/jpdreamthug/daughter-prod-horse-head

but fuck, doves is so good. ep2 is my favorite release this year

yea Jp is one of my fav artists, for sure the best one in GBC but Lil peep ruins it and makes people not take the rest of GBC seriously

>gbc
who the fuck are these faggots?

yes! forgot that was jp, we need him back
release of the year for me too, doves is amazing

ya but the whole point about hip-hop is that you pretty much need to walk the walk and talk the talk otherwise you're a fake punk bitch. the fact that he has loaded parents means that he can walk and talk all he wants but when he gets called out for his bullshit (and he will), all he has to do is make a call to daddy and everything will be alright.

sure his aesthetic is to look like a gangster and do the same shit his contemporaries are doing (better than he is), but it's still wholly fake. sure you can be addicted to drugs but don't you think that being addicted to drugs just for the sake of having a specific image is kinda fucking lame? like okay dude you're addicted to drugs but why? to escape the fact that your family is successful and you're not?

would love to take a bat to his face t b h f a m

that's not necessarily the whole point of hip-hop except for specific sub-genres and lil peep is hardly making hip-hop
lil peep isn't making any claims that he can't back up, like the only themes he takes from hip-hop are drug abuse and getting bitches
he's not rhyming about how much guns and ammunition he has or how much coke he's dealing
his aethetic isn't even trying to look like a gangster you can't pin in down like that
and they're nothing fake about his lyrics, he's quite transparent through them that he takes drugs since he's a spoiled purposeless shithead to self-medicate his irrational depression
most of the time he's just crying about juvenile relationships issues

Honestly. His face is so smug and annoying.

I'm about as big a GBC fan as they come but I still badly want to beat up him up

THIS

>knowing all of this trash
why the fuck are you on the "Music" board?

peeper

It's almost like I have an opinion, and came into a thread to discuss this opinion. I get my music taste isn't the "best" but I enjoy it none the less.

The problem is that it usnt counterculture at all. Its edgy bullshit that sellsout as soon as possible. Style over substance has been the norm for decades now and guys like lil peep are no different

X is great. Peep is slightly below average. Pump isn't very good from what I've heard. Still better than mumble rappers at the end of the day.

>slightly

Yes