Just saw this movie and it was awesome

Just saw this movie and it was awesome.
Any good sad-ish movies with a similar "tone?"
Thanks anons

The Virgin Suicides

If you're into french films, check out Jeune et Jolie. It had the same melancholic feel. It's about a 17 year old girl that becomes a prostitute and kind of follows her life and shit. I quite liked it.
>pic related

>she was the still point of the turning world, man

Spotlight
Let The Right One In

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

I'll check it out

Dude, that movie was fucking great. It was a little boring at the start, but it found its pace after that. I loved it

It was a good love story. I always try to watch it if its on.

God tier fap material

Also, does anyone know the name of the specific genre? It seems like it has somewhat of a sad tone and not much dialogue. Thanks anons

Lars and the Real Girl is a good film.

Two excellent movies...also

Donnie Darko

Meet the Tanenbaums

Stone cold fox

LOST IN TRANSLATION
HER

That movie sucked absolute penis. No idea why anyone thinks it's worth watching. Edgelords think it's so cool for some reason.

Just general melancholy. IT falls under drama or dramedy, more so with the latter. It is a hard genre to pin down.

CHECKED

Her with Joaquin Phoenix. He falls in love with his OS who is voiced by Scarlet Johansson.

Donnie Darko, great movie. could watch it 100 times.

I haven't watched it yet but a friend recommended "Rachel Getting Married" and said it has a similar tone

this
also maybe magnolia

Mr.nobody

Silver Linings Playbook was good, a little more on the lighter side though there are dark moments since it deals with mental illness.

Can second this..

The Jacket with Adrien Brody
Also Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Place beyond the pines. Place beyond the pines. Place beyond the fucking pines with ryan gosling fucking watch it. Also what movie is that in the pic you posted

lost in translation

>filename