Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light and Love are Red Valleys of Blood

Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light and Love are Red Valleys of Blood

Album streams tomorrow on Sun Kil Moon dot com.

Other urls found in this thread:

sunkilmoon.com/commonaslight/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool, although after hearing those snippets most of my hype has been killed. :( sounds like it's gonna be even more rambly than UT or the Jesu collab.

What?! Snippets? Where?

friendly reminder that mark kozelek is the greatest songwriter of 1992 onward

amazon

prepare to be disappointed

Thanks, Mark

Not Mark. He can't even use a fucking iPhone.

Is 2017 the year of disappointments?

Oh God..this is awful

toldya

I fucking loved the snippets. Mark had two careers of the same old sing-song guitar music, now it's time to watch this legend fly off the handle and do some weird shit. I fully embrace the weirdness.

it's not actually weird though, it's just boring.

ut was one of his best albums tho

I don't think it's boring at all. To me, boring is an artist pandering to fans who would rather hear him remake Ghosts Of The Great Highway a million times over than some interesting experimentation.The Jesu collab was boring in my opinion, but these songs don't sound boring, just utterly strange.

what's strange about them? to me it just sounds like basic rock tunes with Mark rambling about old rich guy problems over them. it's not experimental.

Yep. It has a couple sour moments, but The Possum, Birds of Flims, Ali/Spinks 2 are all top mark track IMO.

lol who else sounds remotely close to this

>mark
>rich

what does rekindle mean user?

The rambling could be decent, but he's been treading the same ground since Benji. He lists like a dozen terror attacks/mass tragedies in the samples alone, and evidence points to him just not giving a shit now.

Literally sounds like nothing Mark has ever been involved with before. His music is generally the opposite of bass and drum oriented. It certainly isn't avant-garde or anything like that, but definitely experimental for Mark.

basically any generic folk rock singer if they were talking instead of singing.

if Walmart pays you 10k+ to use their songs in their commercials, you are basically rich in my mind. and Mark is bragging about that on one of the new tracks.

He certainly has a steady income, but he isn't rich. He still flies economy and what not lol.

Mark hasn't made a truly great album since Old Ramon.

embarrassing post

Does any good kozalek material exist beyond Benji

Everything I've heard is INCREDIBLY rambly

>beyond
*after
I phrased that a little weird

Haven't heard the snippets, but rambly is good in my books. UT is the most interesting thing he's ever done and I want to see him develop this style.

Dude, listen to Ghosts of the Great Highway, Down Colorful Hill, Rollercoaster, and Ocean Beach. Fucking fantastic stuff and not rambly at all.

meant for

I don't remember where but I remember seeing someone say that Sun Kil Moon is an asshole and that was offputting for me. Is there any truth behind that or what is the deal?

lol

full album streaming now

sunkilmoon.com/commonaslight/

OH MA GAWD ARE YOU A MUSIC JOURNALIST!

3 tracks in its pretty great so far

its kinda krautrocky. I like it so far

The transgender lines are cracking me up

This is the worst thing Mark has ever released desu

Not the same guy but this is super krautrocky and the lyrics are hilarious.

Its good, not benji/universal themes good, but its another take on his rambling man approach.

download link when

on highway song, this is so weird and semi-out of place for him but i love it