There are "people" on Sup Forums who don't have enough of an attention span to listen to an album all the way through

>there are "people" on Sup Forums who don't have enough of an attention span to listen to an album all the way through

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKXxzv_TfLWmlJj6G3quWQ2
youtube.com/watch?v=64WmVRcyGOU
youtube.com/watch?v=uiMtCJw_RVc
soundcloud.com/deathgrips/on-gp
soundcloud.com/deathgrips/death-grips-the-money-store-05
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hardly listen to single songs. Full album experiences are superior

The very first time I listen to an album, I listen to it on Spotify with ads, on shuffle, with no headphones, on a tablet.

Same.
I don't even have playlists anymore, I just listen to albums from the beginning.

Here's a question Sup Forums, when you start an album do you finish it automatically no matter how you feel about it?

Some albums are just such a chore to get through that I just end half way through if I'm not getting anything out of it.

it would be like only watching the first half of a movie, or only watching a few scenes from a movie

case in point...

What do you do when you have like a 15 minute car ride

Impossible soul is 25 minutes long mang, and it just goes BLOOP BLOOP with some vocals thrown in the mix.

Only if it's the first time I listen to it, Get to heaven was such a chore, the guy's voice can get tiring very quickly.

have you ever walked out of a movie?

2X

>don't like thing
>force yourself to listen to it anyway

I mean if it's your first time and you wanna give it a fair shot, sure, but c'mon.

I mean you could make the argument listening to single songs in playlists is just like watching a bunch of random scenes from different movies pushed together.

yes it's exactly like that. only a moron with ADD would do such a thing

not really faggot its way different

Only if they're pieces from a conceptual album really, otherwise most albums don't have any storyline or coherence even, like Syro.

no you fucking can't because movies are narrative and 98% of music isn't really

Yeah I agree, I was just using the same argument the person I mentioned used in reference to not completing albums.

Yes

triggered

Maybe talk to a doctor about your ADD?

There's such things as singles/EP oriented genres

I never got it either. All the albums I have listened to I have listened to before in full. It just feels weird not to.

anyone who cant finish this should leave this board.

How would listening to like 40 / 60 minutes of an album mean I have ADD?
If anything a playlist would make more sense since you'd need constant variety to stimulate you.

So basically 2 okay songs and the rest is bloat?

Reminder to you Sup Forumstants that if you claim to be superior by listening to full albums, but only do play in the background while shitposting on Sup Forums, then you're not much better really.

You suck at writing sentences.

You mean 2 songs

Name 1 (one) person who cant listen through a whole album

My friend Keith

My only problem with listening to full albums is rap albums, usually. Generally, they're unnecessarily long, imo.

The problem is you like rap music. Rap is a joke; liking rap means you have no taste & possibly you are a cuck

Why, please explain in complete detail how that means someone has no taste and is a cuck

People who don't really like music.

They obviously havent listened to this album before if they feel they dont like music
youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKXxzv_TfLWmlJj6G3quWQ2

>Why, please explain in complete detail how that means someone has no taste and is a cuck
Not the guy you're expecting a reply from, but let's be real, you're most likely than not listening to something that you don't want to blow your mind too much and you want to have something playing in the background.

This desu

And I thought I'd see a link to a concept album...

I was literally just listening to this, you moron:

youtube.com/watch?v=64WmVRcyGOU

Trash music

Music doesnt have to blow your mind to be enjoyable or good. You must be underage

Concept albums are pretty novelty and gay and underage

Oh, wow, you're really being told a story while listening to that album and you're questioning the musicians vision and narrative.

Yeah, this shit is terrible. I am sorry.

Name me 1 (ONE) album that has a better second half than first half

I'll wait

what album that you've fully listened to was the hardest to get through?

no troll answers

What insightful critiques.

I couldn't finish the new xx album, it was becoming infuriatingly boring. Those female vocals in particular were fucking terrible

>Music doesnt have to blow your mind to be enjoyable or good. You must be underage
All right. I used that as an idiom. And again, let's be real, you're not questioning the deeper meaning of the story artist's telling you. You can barely understand the words.
>Concept albums are pretty novelty and gay and underage
Do you seriously consider that a valid argument?

>Oh, wow, you're really being told a story while listening to that album and you're questioning the musicians vision and narrative.
>What insightful critiques.
Just as great as:
>Concept albums are pretty novelty and gay and underage

ITT: fucking rockists

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize there were people who only listen to Top 40 albums on Sup Forums, the reason those albums are frontloaded with all the singles is because that's the only reason anyone buys them and they don't expect many people to get to the end

Outside of those terrible manufactured albums, most artists put their best works at the end because it's the best place to end on a grand, breathtaking note because its followed by silence, a lot of albums put their long epic at the end, it wouldn't make sense anywhere else

Do some people on here listen to albums all the way through every single time? I do it the first time and then just listen to individual tracks from an album unless I'm really in the mood to listen to the whole thing, usually if it's one of my favourites

Explain why rap albums have skits then?

specific examples only please

This. Rocktards are incapable of understanding that different styles of music warrant different types of music consumption

But lets be real here you are writing off an entire genre of music and calling someone a cuck for listening to it. Obviously there has been highly rated rap albums and songs that told detailed stories and emotions and its a great genre to do it since there is room for a lot of words to make the story come across and feelings of the artist.

>you're not questioning the deeper meaning of the story artist's telling you. You can barely understand the words.
nigga speak for yourself, plenty of people actively consider the vision and context behind rap

>If it's not rock then it's rap.
There are people on Sup Forums right now that are this retarded

Not the guy you're expecting a reply from, but Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home would be a good example. The last 5 songs are some of the best in his career.

>nigga speak for yourself, plenty of people actively consider the vision and context behind rap
No they do not. Hard to find a deeper meaning behind "sippin on lean nigga, glock in the 'rari. White girls in da club and they all up on me" and other thought provoking lyrics uttered by your favorite bull-erm, rapper, Young Nigga

>This. Rocktards are incapable of understanding that different styles of music warrant different types of music consumption
True. Listening to some genres music is an experience and listening to other genres of music requires for example, but not necessarily, for you to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.

There are plenty of good black lyricists. You're just a fucking retard.

>music so bad you need drugs for it to sound okay

>There are plenty of good black lyricists. You're just a fucking retard.
Here we go. You're from Sup Forums, right?

>your favorite bull-erm
you fags can't make one post without bringing stale Sup Forums memes in it.
the fact that you think there's no rap worth any consideration and all lyrics are that on the radio is so funny, but sad someone can be so delusional and not actively seeking help

Nope. I can just easily see thinly-veiled racism when it's there.

Yeah but what if lets say the same drugs made other genres worse?

I'm not falling for it, sorry. It's not like we haven't had Sup Forums thread disguised as threads about music before.

Lemme try something else
>"I gotta stay fly-y-y-y-y-y-y"
>"till I die-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie"
really makes you think

here lemme put on Acid Rap, that's supposed to be good right?
>"momma still wash my clothes"
>"momma still wash my clothes"
breath-taking. Is this the Black Lou Reed?

I'm not sure why you replied to me and not the person I was replying to.

I agree, there ARE good black lyricists. They are not rappers though.

hey I can do that too
>WEN I PUTT SPIKE IN 2 MUH ARM I FEEL LIKE JESUS SON

That's a good line though, actually is thought provoking

The words may sound stupid but there still could me meaning behind the songs.

Oh sorry. There are plenty of good rap lyricists too.

youtube.com/watch?v=uiMtCJw_RVc

MC Ride is not a rapper, and Death Grips is not a hip hop group. Death Grips has and always will be a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision.

>I will not count this rap group as rap because it is actually good
Just because they're experimental and include influences from industrial and rock doesn't make them not hiphop.

kek

What is this link?
Why it says Hip-Hop. huh.
soundcloud.com/deathgrips/on-gp
soundcloud.com/deathgrips/death-grips-the-money-store-05

No it really fucking isn't, its the lamest heroin line in all of music.
I hope you're not the same faggot shitting on clippng and now sucking DG dick

first post on Sup Forums to actually make me feel like throwing up

>Could be

No it's one of the best actually.
I don't know what clippng is or if you meant clipping (in which case idk there is no context?) but nah dude I've been a DG fan since exmilitary

I've always preferred to listen to music in album format. Of all the albums I've listened to, there are only 2 I can think of where I've even entertained the thought of skipping tracks, and one of those instances is from the remix disc of a B-sides compilation. Never really thought much of listening to music this way, if anything only listening to individual songs kinda weirds me out.

Which drugs and which genres? Do I need to shoot up heroin to really full "get" Jazz and Grunge?

Some Albums I've grown to enjoy it fully rather than singles mainly my favorite band The Black Lips and Telrvisions Marquee Moon

>Getting grunge

Really? I enjoyed all of GTH, but as someone not keen to britpop it was an amazing window to gaze through. My issue is that I can listen to an album up until the last two songs where they're usually the weakest ones, skip ahead, listen for a minute and decide if it's worth rewinding and listening in full

Grunge is a genre full of heroin addicts and the music is informed and inspired by it

He's saying you have ADD because you don't agree with him 100% and he has no other arguments.

an EP

alternatively just start an album and don't finish it
the cops won't throw you in jail, don't worry

LOL

>trying to dictate other's music listen experiences to make yourself feel superior

get lost

same
even my favorite tracks aren't that high on my last.fm compared to other songs since I play usually play the whole album through
I haven't listened to a playlist in years tbqh
Funeral is an easy one
also The Age of Adz probably

Where do you think you are

That's why I love punk albums

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

No, I am saying he has ADD because he can't listen to an album all the way through.

>he still only listens to albums
I can only listen to a band's entire recorded output in one go. It's the only way to get a sense of what they were doing over their whole career.