If Firefly is so good, why did it get so cancelled so quickly?

If Firefly is so good, why did it get so cancelled so quickly?

Because in early 00's the science fiction/i'm such a nerd/videogames movement wasn't popular.

Nowdays is k00l liking this stuff.

>sci-fi western
>fox
>aired out of order
it had too much going against it for how good it was

didn't watch it when it aired but I get why people love it

Because Fox fucked them over with the scheduling and made it difficult for it to develop a wide following.

Having girls as actual good characters = death sentence. I'm not even a feminist.

Thank God it got cancelled. It's good for what it is and that's it, it would have turned to absolute shit eventually.

>Inb4 it was always shit

Why did Pushing Daises get cancelled if it was so comfy? And pic related was pretty good too. Plenty of good shows get cancelled because there are more variables to staying on the air than just "it's good".

>tfw it was just ahead of its time by 5 years

the engineer will forever be best girl

it wasn't that good

Cowboy Bebop is better.

Ed was hot.

humongous budget and we were still reeling from a recesssion

I love that show. I've got it on DVD because I still buy DVD's.

I like it a lot. You listen to the commentary? Or read the scripts for episodes 14-18?

Never bothered with it, but I like sci-fi, well, at least the more fun ones. Should I watch it?

Yes. I believe it's on Netflix, so give it a shot.

I dont know why does Fox cancel all its succesful shows?

Who is this fluid druid?

it is

Yeah and maybe. I remember looking them up a long time ago. It's probably been like 5+ years since I've watched it sadly.

i barely consider is it sci-fi at all honestly.

FOX, in all their genius, decided to air the last episode first, in which a negroid space bounty hunter takes everyone prisoner and makes overt rape threats towards the cutest girl. It wasn't well received.

Because it wasn't good and got shit ratings. The only reason people say it's good is because it got cancelled.

>huuur aired out of order

People would have had to watch it first to know it was out of order.

>hurr friday nights

As if X-files and other scifi shows didn't start on fridays.

It's space western, which is a subset of sci-fi.

>fox
They've had like 5 good shows ever and probably a combined 8 seasons between them all

oh man, i liked that show a lot.

>it wasn't good

So you haven't seen it, then

>It wasn't good
This is subjective

did Fox even have the sort of viewers who would find this show appealing? maybe the execs were right to cancel it if their audience didn't have enough scifi nerds, though it makes you wonder why they greenlit the thing in the first place

Yeah that show was really great
I can't think of comfier show

>decided to air the last episode first
Wrong, they aired the second episode "the train job" first

Ed is a two-meter tall black transvestite.

Well at least Nathan Fillon can be in more stuff like this in GotG2.

>black
tan. she lived outside her whole life
>transvestite
flat. she's like, 13.

>he didn't actually watch the episode she appears in
That was one of the descriptions people gave of who Radical Edward was, you pleb.

the times in which it came out coupled with corporate fuckery

I hope that I'm not the only one who is happy for its cancellation. If it did continue with a huge following it would've taken the path GoT is taking right now. At least it died when it was still good.

For the actual reasons as to why it's cancelled, it was on a wrong channel with a not so regular scenario and I'd think that even if it did air right now it would still attract small crowd, compared to what you can get with talk shows and such for a fraction of its production value. People don't want to get into weird shows about which they don't know what to think.

You must have watched it wrong. Dub or Sub?

Recession was in 2008 dumbass.

>the path GoT is taking right now
Massive deviation from the source material, which Firefly didn't even have?
Sub. The joke was that nobody had actually met Radical Edward, hence the varying descriptions people gave. You can feel free to pretend that joke didn't happen if it helps you save face.

Because it wasn't good.

It had nice characters but it was stupid low budget shit.

Picrelated is still considered the best sci-fi show so far

Save face what? From you watching it wrong?

>Massive deviation from the source material, which Firefly didn't even have?
That's not the problem with GoT, source material is all used up this season and it's still terrible. Main issue is that show is now about whirlwind fight scenes, nudity of irrelevant characters and shock value. They kill off characters just to keep the show casual. Compared the number of named characters in the first season to this season.

Firefly would've done similar stuff probably.

>I forgot this thing happened and got called out on it
>better act like a retard about it, hueheuhue!
Okay. Have fun I guess.

Science Fiction was considered nerdy at the time and nerdy wasn't "cool" yet.

It was aired on Fox.

Fox aired the episodes at different times without a schedule, making it virtually impossible for good ratings.

I actually bought the soundtrack to that when the show was still on. Shit was awesome.

got does all that because its deviated from the source material and has nothing left to follow. now the poor directing and writing is becoming apparent, whereas before the serviceable writing of grrm kept it afloat.

Watch the 14 episodes of Firefly and then watch Serenity movie. Your life would be incomplete without that.