Thoughts on Finland?

Thoughts on Finland?

Perkele olispa lisää viinaa!

Very Finnish.

sucks at icehockey!

Most of the time, yes.

Bunch of cunts. Not met a single nice Finnish person.

Among the best educational systems in the world. Rich in smart young people.

Both kinda valid.

glad we dont suck jamal dick

Kinda sucks. If you are a 35-year-old child refugee orphan, go to Swedistan instead.

exept that one time in 95 that everyone went on about forever until we finally won again in 2011

Paskaa sakkia kaikki.

täällä on kivaa

Everybody loves the Fins, except, oddly the Fins themselves.

Precisely, most of the time.

En puho suomea, the language is a bitch and a half.
Hella dark and depressing, the people there drink quite a lot.
I enjoy the Leningrad Cowboys.

Vie vittu or some shit I don't know Finish please don't hurt me.

yeah, we kinda suck at sports

mämmi
spurdo
sauna
Heirs of the european Khaganate.

it's "voi vittu"
other useful phrases includes "haista vittu" "vitun vittu" and "voi vitun perkele kyrpä saatana"

>fucking copycats

go away danefag

Also, native Finn here if you have questions and want genuine answers about Finland

Well, they gave us spurdo

eurochinks

yes, inventions such as Linux and cellphone tech innovations pales in comparison

So cute that they think they're relevant

Quite a bit more than spurdo. Modern mobile phones and linux also came out of this hole.

well, at least we have more metal bands per capita than you wannabe vikings

Why tho

Implying I care about where they came from, phones are dominated by chinks now and Linux is a meme if you aren't great with computers.

>Linux
>steal GNU kernel
>take credit for entire OS

>cellphone tech
>not responsible for actually starting cellphone networks
>hasn't been relevant since the 90s
>actually set back good, usable cellphones for decades

are you even trying?

Metal is for kids tho. I wouldn't be so proud

But luckily we are not smug bastards like you.

apparently finns have genes originating in mongolia or something. don't know. most people would struggle differentiating between a modern Finn and a modern Swede, exept the swede has a higher chance of supporting sharia law

Shots fired

How difficult is your language with 15 declinations? Are all of them used very often?

>calling norwegians "wannabe viking"

Are the Swedish-speaking Finns considered 'real' Finns?

and what do you listen to that is so superior? Kanye?

Finns show very little if any Mediterranean and African genes but on the other hand almost 10% of Finnish genes seem to be shared with Siberian populations. Nevertheless, more than 80% of Finnish genes are from a single ancient Northeastern European population, while most Europeans are a mixture of 3 or more principal components.

Not sure how accurate this is, but it's something.

Copied from wikipedia btw

No Finns are considered real Finns.
Real Finns were born when the Norwegian vikings invaded Finland from the west and Genghis Khan invaded from the East.
The Vikings killed Ghenghis Khan and raped the Mongolian women, and the firstborn were all called 'Finns'.
That's why Finnish people have Mongoloid features.
That's why the Finnish language is also similar to Hungarian, which is a Mongolian derivative.

difficult to learn for an outsider. easy to learn for a native. really consistent spelling (if you've heard a word, you can spell it). When speaking, many tend to leave out suffixes and it sounds nothing like the grammatically correct Finnish.

Lots of games as well.

Alan Wake, Max Payne, Quantum Break, FlatOut, Trine games, Trials games, Cities: Skylines, Cities in Motion, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Death Rally, SCP – Containment Breach, Turbo Dismount, Frets on Fire.

Mobile games: Clash of Clans, Angry Birds, Hill Climb Racing, Hay Day.

3DMark is also made by Finnish company.

Finns have not moved around much since settling in Finland, that could explain some of it.

Even the Saami?

Genghis Khan died in August 1227, during the fall of Yinchuan, which is the capital of Western Xia. do you even try?

but you are partly correct, at least. scandinavian settlers mixed with siberian settlers and created the finns

Fingolia is the best!

Do all finns speak Swedish and English? I mean, even old people speak a lot of languages? Or is that a myth?
BTW thanks for answering.

Truth

>
Dont listen to this Nor man, we guys love Fins!

Not even close to everyone speaks swedish, most people have atleast a rudimentary understanding or speak passable to excellent english

Som Finnish speakers seem to really resent the swedish-speaking minority, and see them as the rich elitists that are the source of all the poor people's problems. In reality, Swedish-speaking Finns are found in all economic classes of society. It has become an in-joke among us Fennoswedes to joke about dodging taxes, buying yachts and having daddy pay for everything.

everybody has to learn swedish in school, but most finns speak swedish badly or not at all. Nearly everyone speaks english.

How cold are winters up there? Could you tell me please in Celsius? -30°C? -40°C?

Shit place, beer is expensive.

Jos ne ny sais A oluet maitokauppoihin.

Pretty decent music scene. Tasavallan Presidentti is a pretty good band.

Fug :D

Is Dolan an accurate representation of Finnish values?

>1809 worst year of my life

varies from year to year. in southern Finland, -20 celcius is considered a really cold winter. in Helsinki, some winters are around an average of -4 dergees celsius.

The lowest temperature was recorded in 1999 at -51,5 celsius.

Generally it varies from -20 to -40 depending on the area during mid winter

fin what? what a shitty name for a country... go fuck yourself user, kill your uncle and rape your aunt

-20 at it's coldest in southern Finland, sometimes -25

most definitely.

(source: getting shit on by my uncle)

Well, just around that.

these are the coldest recorded temperatures, mind you, not the average.

Kek. It's funny Cuz it's true.

Yeah, i did specify it was the lowest temperature recorded.

Never heard of it

Kai Murros is pretty nice :-)

yes, you did, at least the first temp.

Not trying to fight you, just clarifying that the second line is coldest recorded temp too :)

How difficult is managing to get there to live and work as a foreigner? Do any policy help foreigners (Not money for nothing nor special benefits, but inmigration and job opportunities)?
I would like to live and work there, but I do not know many things about inmigration and those things.
Not mudslim by the way.

You have not met me then. Also most Finns don't really want to speak to strangers, but they can be real sweethearts when you get to know them over a bottle or two of Koskenkorva ;)

Well no, those are the general temperatures midwinter around finland, the -40 definitely is around the records

Oh no Sweden is insulting us guys. What ever are we to do. Ruotsi on täynnä cucks ja pakolaisten raiskauksen uhrit.

Thoughts on Finland? Finland is my motherland. I love Finland. When i think about Finland, i see calm lake at middle of the night, little bit mist on top of the lake. I hear the call of curlew on the horizon. I also hear fragile waves hitting the shore. I gaze at the midnight sun and go back in to my log cabin with my beautiful wife Anni. We stare at each other and she gives me a cute smile. I tell her that i love her, "Minä rakastan sinua." And we get back to sauna. After sauna she wears a national dress and we go to a local summer festival. It's full of happy people enjoying the summer. I take my wifes hand and take her to dance with me. They play accordion really well here.

That's it.

Can't really answer that too well, but there definitely are foreigners working here.

I actually have no idea. if you are immigrating for work reasons and have a higher education it should be fine. Language might be an issue.

Norwegian makes me wish I was deaf. You speak the Vietnamese of Europe.

I am studying a bachelor's degree in English and Spanish teaching. Do they need some English or Spanish teachers there?

How many niggers and dune coons do you have in Finland (rough estimate?) Do you see either of them often?

Dude, HURD has nothing to do with the Linux kernel code wise. Stallman said it himself, he chose a design too advanced, and hence, complicated, which delayed the development too long.

I'd imagine you could find work fairly easily with those qualifications

Quite afew in the capital area and largel cities, during the recent immigration horseshit they've become more common, but not even close to like sweden for example

yes, but you would probably need to know Finnish as most students are native Finns. Might find work teaching at an international school or something.

or maybe teach spanish at uni? most student that age are fluent in english. I assume you don't speak finnish...

a lot of Somali muslims in the Helsinki area

I am very, very afraid of learning that language. I am learning German currently, but it is nothing compared to Finnish and its 15 declinations.
Do you have some advices for a foreign learner?
How are Finnish pronunciation and phonetics? Are they like English ones or more like German/Spanish ones (In German and Spanish you pronounce the way is written, not like in English) ?

Not even a word.

I reckon the easiest way to learn finnish would be spending time with finnish people, at least to get started.

you learn the basic pronunciations of each letter and you are set. everything is written pretty much phonetically.

the grammar might be harder.

>thinking that you're somehow superior

>How are Finnish pronunciation and phonetics? Are they like English ones or more like German/Spanish ones (In German and Spanish you pronounce the way is written, not like in English)?
Yes, in Finnish, you prononounce things exactly as they're written.

Is Finnish simmilar to any other language? I mean, like Russian, Sweddish or some other European languages.

every letter is pronounced the same every time in every word

Estonian is pretty similiar, often called a cousin language or something along those lines.