Paralympics opening ceremony starts in less than 16 hours

Paralympics opening ceremony starts in less than 16 hours.

We're gonna have threads, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/paralympic-champion-considering-euthanasia-after-rio-games-6113254/
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37285895/breaking-bad-star-rj-mitte-says-dont-pity-the-paralympians-ahead-of-rio-games
youtube.com/watch?v=eYXL_782-Lo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paralympics is literally CHINAWINSLOL.

No thanks.

umm no
nothing against disabled and amputees but
it makes me cry ;___;

Is that... Is that a blind footballer? How the fuck does that work?

there are people on the side giving them commands what to do afaik

the ball has litlle bells inside

A general Paralympics thread will be enough. We do not need threads for every event.

So how exactly does this work? Do they all have to have he exact same disabilities to compete with each other, or does it not matter as long as the disability in question has a similar effect on the way it impedes them and thus their performance?

I don't don't really understand it.

why's the dwarf there? isn't that a bit racist?

I don't think Dwarfism is a race, user.

it isn't?

It's a genetic disorder.

>HAHA BEING BLACK IS A GENITIC DISORDER TOO! XD

You would have posted something similar, so don't lie.

what is her sport that she competes in?

>inb4 dwarven hammer tossing

Swimming. Can you not tell from the one piece swimsuit she's wearing? She's pretty fast too. Shea not Ledecky fast, but she could be my ass in the the 100m freestyle.

There used to be a kid that posted here who was a murderballer or some wheel chair sport, supposedly was good.

I wonder if he ever made it big.

RIP in piece Anons I'll never talk to again

As far as i understand they use a score system depending on the impact/seriousness of their disabilities. It's a bit obfuscated tho.

midgets are in paralympics?

Why are they wearing 2012's kit?

dwarfs, and yes

Why are they all white?

Germans and their "obeying of orders"

There's a bell in the ball and they listen for it

>u will never be a one legged sprinter smashing different dwarf swimmers every night for the bants

why even live lads?

I wonder if the olympic village is still a big orgy during the paralympics

ayyylmao

Why wouldn't it be? Just because you're missing an arm or a leg doesn't mean you're missing a sex drive also. Oh yeah, there's plenty of fucking alright, probably involving all manner apparel.

probably even more so than at the regular olympics
most people with disabilities are probably really desperate for sex

Some of them are pretty attractive too.

>being midget is disability

Dwarf

Why not Sup Forums did for the last Paralympics, and did this year for the Olympics.

>Dwarf

you know GoT isn't real right?

The actual term is dwarf, since the disease is dwarfism.

I'm pretty sure a couple of gymnasts actually classify as borderline dwarves.

metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/paralympic-champion-considering-euthanasia-after-rio-games-6113254/

>win gold medal
>kill yourself

The condition is dwarfism, I mean. There are a shitload of diseases that can lead to it.

Damn that's sad.

Imagine your life being so terrible you think about killing yourself in every passing moment. Sire glad I'm not like that, haha.

Is that some kind of nu male term?
it's always been midgets or small people

If she lives with that pain constantly, It's no surprise. I hope she medals.

How is it sad? She could literally just not compete so she won't have to train and put her body in pain. If anything she's being retarded.

But then she'd a worthless sack of shit just like you.

Good then we won't have to read about her bitching

>if anything she´s being retarded
no shit user.

I doubt the pain comes from the training, Burgerfriend.

Dwarves see midget as derogatory, like blacks and niggers

it has always been "dwarf", dumbfuck
it's a medical term, if anything "small people" would be the nu male term

How do they make them all equally disabled?

Like that one handed swimmer in the OP image, what if she competes against someone with even less of an arm than that?

Do they handicap the less handicapped?

There's a classification system, so people with roughly equal disabilities compete against each other. It's not really perfect, but it mostly works. Though in blind football they all have to be equally blind, so they wear blindfolds, so in a sense they handicap the less handicapped (partially sighted people).

>Do they handicap the less handicapped?

Actually I think they do in some circumstances.

Cool, I didn't know that.

I hope there's a dwarf hurdles with tiny little hurdles.

mini horse dancing on dwarf ponies

WOW, the lack of empathy on here is just... wow.

>tfw Breakfast King himself is going to be covering the games on Channel 4

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37285895/breaking-bad-star-rj-mitte-says-dont-pity-the-paralympians-ahead-of-rio-games

youtube.com/watch?v=eYXL_782-Lo
how the fuck is this fair with some people using ramps?

I think the real question is, are there any qts?

>tfw no self concious qt asian gf with robot legs

Degenerate entertainment. No thanks.

To hell with you, Portugal. Nobody likes you.

It's twisted and grotesque entertainment. Like beauty contests with dwarfs. This idea that anyone can be anything is extremely decadent. Running without legs. Why not do Astrophysics with Down's syndrome?

world championships of chess for those born with half a brain.

that would be the special olympics

oh dear.
so is boccia in the Paralympics?

Yes, but not streamed this year though. (Along with 9 other sports, thank Rio for fucking the budget)

Don't expect to see the agitos in many venues either. The organizers are just tarping over any rings in the look/banners.

>9 sports won't be streaming

Way to knock my fucking hype. Know which sports are affected?

Well 10 (9+Boccia), they are:

Archery (Real shame this one), Boccia, Canoe, Cycling (Road), Equestrian, Goalball, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Triathlon (Reeeeeal shame)

It's something like 100 fewer hours streamed total by the IPC, also, they're using Dailymotion instead of YouTube this year.

why isn't this an olympic sport? Plenty of old people play it in Italy

FFS. The Triathlon was my #1.

opening thread

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Paralympics is worse than women's football.. "hey guys, let's watch people being really shit at swimming and junk"

Tennis is one of the worst para sports.. just when you thought tennis wasn't boring enough. fuck me....!!

Yes, fuck you.

Left to right

Tyrion, Bran, Tommen, Jamie, Arya, Doran Martell

Each sport has a different classification system.
For example in Wheelchair basketball you're rated from 1.0-4.5, with 1.0 being paralysis from the chest down and 4.5 being amputation of one leg below the knee. Your team of 5 can't sum to over 14.
Meanwhile in athletics there are 17 different classifications for the blind, wheelchair athletes, different amputees, those with cerebal palsy.