The reason of driving on the left-side

The driving rule has been since the Samurai era in Japan.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane#History
link.springer.com/article/10.3758/BF03194802
twitter.com/AnonBabble

[rubs hands in an imperial manner]

How does that work when you drive into another country?

nothing unique
until 20th century left side traffic was the norm almost everywhere

They have lane changes

ah yes, all the cars that people were driving before the 20th century

Driving on the left is more natural, you use your dominant right side, including your dominant eye, to view what's coming towards you. It just makes sense.
Driving on the right was implemented as an arbitrary decision by Napoleon, before that we all drove on the left side.
tl;dr: we should all drive on the left, it's more natural and fuck the French.

retard

retard

retard

did they have lanes for horses?

retard

retard

retard

>your dominant eye

not an argument

You didn't make an argument to use a counterargument against. You asked a very, very, very stupid question.

never been on shooting range?
some people naturally use their left eye to aim.
that's why left-handed versions for asymmetrical rifles are made.

That doesn't make the eye dominant.

and you didn't give an answer

check any shooting/archery video on jewtube about this subject.
one eye is usually used to look around, second one just to add 3D effect.

no we didn't have lanes (roads) that were dedicated for horses only in Japan before 20th century. People, horses, jinrikishas just went on left "side" of the road. That's all.

retard

proof?

also proof of that being the case in Europe?

you are requesting devil's proof.

according to Wikipedia, lane (lane marking) was invented in the 20 century.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane#History

>For much of human history, roads did not need lane markings because most people walked or rode horses at relatively slow speeds. Another reason for not using lane markings is that they are expensive to maintain.

>When automobiles, trucks, and buses came into widespread use during the first two decades of the 20th century, head-on collisions became more common

who's the retard now?

>everybody knows that we have a dominant hand, foot, etc.
>somehow the idea of a dominant eye is outrageous
Guess what, it's one half of your brain that's dominant, usually the left, which is why most people are right handed, play football with their right foot and have a dominant right eye.

人、馬、大八車、かごも江戸時代から左側通行

It absolutely does, you dolt. Ophthalmologists literally refer to the eye you use for a telescope as your 'dominant eye'.

tfw cross dominant

It's about the majority of the population.

>brazilian education

God damn monkeys

>We suggest that the sighting-dominant eye is the eye used for monocular tasks and has no unique functional role in vision.
So it's basically useles...

link.springer.com/article/10.3758/BF03194802

>So it's basically useles...
Yes, but you questioned its existence. Do you need help lifting those goalposts?

>There is evidence also for general superiority of the dominant sighting eye: Information from this eye may be processed more rapidly, as seen in reaction time (Minucci & Conners, 1964) and search and recognition studies (Money, 1972, Porac and Coren, 1979 and Sampson and Spong, 1962). Furthermore, dominant eye monocular afterimages of a vertical line remain visible longer (Wade, 1975), perhaps because there is less inhibition from the non-dominant eye. Similarly, when subjects view checkerboard stimuli dichoptically, there is different striate activation when the stimuli are presented to both eyes, each eye, or in an alternating condition (Büchert et al., 2002), again perhaps due to inhibitory interactions across ocular dominance columns. In certain circumstances, such differences allow subjects to know from which eye a stimulus initiates (Blake & Cormack, 1979).

I wasn't changing goalposts just moving on.
There is no need to write "i was wrong" everytime you are wrong.

The traffic didn't change sides - not in US at least. But prior to ~1913 the driver sat on the right side of the car/carriage, so they could see the ditch.

Idort

In most places in the US cars had to share the road with horses. Some parkways (Route 30 in newton MA for example) had a desperate lane for carriage traffic. Only some limited-access roads like the Lincoln Highway banned horses.

This is untrue, the Charles River Speedway in Boston built in the 1870s, had "trotting" horses limited to use of the left side of the road, while slower carriages stayed towards the right. Lanes were not marked as it was not an asphalt road

>select all the squares that match "wheel"

Correct. This time I wrote it and you writing it again would have been excessive.

What?

Really?

I write with my right hand and my dominant eye is the left one, afaik that's not very common.

Where?

I don't get what you wanna say about tbqh.
Everyone went on left "side" in Japan before road marking was invented.

right leg / left hand / right eye here.
actually my left eye was dominant before i stabbed my left eye and had it covered for few months.

>before i stabbed my left eye
How?

with a dirty stick as a kid.
a little bit more force and i'd be blind in my left eye

but why

i was climbing with sticks like one should with chekans.
failed climb, stabbed my eye one one, that's it.

*with one