Did Trump inspire any good protest albums?

I liked this album, to be honest.
Did anyone make anything like this now that Trump is president?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQoi7lQCVuw
soundcloud.com/clppng/trumpseulogy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably a few but it really comes off as a musician being a tryhard
The anti-Trump shilling is already all over social media and the news. It just comes off as diluted when some famous musician does a FUCK TRUMP song.

Yeah I guess you are right. Also it probably helped that I was an edgy teen back in the Bush days.

Back then it was edgy to hate on Bush and people unironically supported the Iraq War

Today it'd be edgier if someone did a Pro-Trump song

U think Rock Against Trump will happen?
I hope.

Rock Against Trump 2018 Vol 1
Featuring, Green Day, The Offspring, Pearl Jam with a special performance by Thom Yorke

Its gonna be solid

Ugh, dadrock against trump. We need Adele and Megan Traitor doing Pop/Soul against trump.

But those are just rich people who sound like they dont even give a shit what they are talking about

fat bitches against trump

this has aged the best of the anti-bush album era because the riffs are top-notch and there's a song about how 9-11 was an inside job

it's also the final good ministry album

also this, because the bush-themed lyrics are very subtle

the problem with most explicitly political music is that it feels the need to bludgeon you with meaning so you can't possibly miss it. when the conditions that created it pass it loses a lot of its luster

I remember Ministry but not this particular album, I will check it out

It was pre-Trump obviously, but Biafra's latest stuff managed to be decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=mQoi7lQCVuw

He's still a massive whining pussy relic of when punk was edgy, though.

wtf how have I never heard of this before

it's from their first comeback. it's pretty much thrash with programmed drums. lots of ministry fans hate this period but i think it has its merits

because nobody wants to listen to anti-white people albums in 20fucking13

he was even a fucking bernie bro

Wow, I was talking about that CD like a week ago. I had the orange one. People don't buy CDs anymore so the appeal of using pseudo-political ideologies as a front to put out a pop-punk label sampler isn't there anymore.

Nice! I think the Vol. 1 was the only one I saw for sale in shops here, and I kind of like the songs in the first one better. I think I mostly paid attention to it because it had that Rise Against song that appeared in Need for Speed Underground.

And you are right, I guess it's more about individual songs now, and maybe some anti-Trump (or whatever political topic) Youtube playlists.

Honestly, Obama made me miss Bush. Times were simpler.

That's just nostalgia and probably had more to do with your personal situation than politics.

Yeah, I bought it on a whim because I was 14 with no internet and compilation CDs were my only way of finding new music. I ended up getting really into the Lawrence Arms because of that CD and I still contend that they're actually good.
I miss those days. No I mass download electronic music made by alternative Japanese idols and spend my money on flavoured teas. I'm disgusted by what I've become.

Obama was horrible.

Ahah, well I got really into Against Me! after listenning to the first Rock Against Bush.
And I feel the same, I miss buying CDs and having to discover new music the hard way. I guess I should be thankful for the internet and having free, instant access to most music though, it's weird.
I listen to a lot of 80's pop and new wave music now, Idk why. And I rarely pay for music, only some random iTunes songs if I feel some new band deserves it. Last thing I bought was a few songs (not even the full album, even if I'm always an advocate of listenning to full albums) by 21 Pilots.

this is probably what most 30 year old normies say

Didn't Vincent Gallo suck his dick once?

>teenage boy blindly adopts sarcastic joke on website as his identity and labels everything outside of his standardised, pre-built personality as 'normie'
That's pretty sad, mentally challenged user.
Having physical things is nice and being able to hand someone a physical thing to show them was nice too.

no it doesn't

soundcloud.com/clppng/trumpseulogy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow it's like i've never went grocery shopping or bought used a car before.
must be nice having all those physical things. sadly i'll never know as i only use debit cards and paypal for my transactions.

he's a cuck

Someone is real butthurt that Trump won...

Missing the point this hard validates my insult. Thanks.