ultimate-guitar.com/news/features/superior_thermowood_roasted_guitars.html
clyp.it/m4me0noc
youtu.be/POaaw_x7gvQ
youtu.be/ybxkeOEQX-U
youtube.com/watch?v=lan-UQfN0zs
youtu.be/PSH0eRKq1lE
clyp.it/qa4k1njs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for MT-2 is objectively the worst pedal in the history of music, ever.

If you could only have 1 guitar, 1 amp and 1 pedal what would you choose?

What's the ultimate P-90 guitar, /gg/? I'm set on getting one and the options are overwhelming.

Warlock, 6505, HM-2

I like my Monty

>I fucking suck

Should I buy a Squire VM Mustang for my first guitar

my 1987 US Standard Strat
and a red knob evil Twin

no

get a guitar with a proper scale length

Music Man Bongo 5HH
Darkglass Microtubes 900
Some cheap-ass tuner pedal

recommend me a basement bass amp (I do not play in high gain)

A Tele and a Marshall. Fuck pedals.

No. Get something cheap yet not entirely shit as your first, like a Yamaha Pacifica. You don't know whether you'll be in it for the long run, and you don't want to waste money on this.

>best cover up my shit playing with abnoxious fuzz and theatrics

Haggling with an ebay seller I feel like a right Jew. Dirty.

Al Di Meola is pretty dope btw.

Amp would be hard, probably a jcm 900, an sg standard, and a big muff clone built by me. Low gain transistors, switchable diodes. Or an electra overdrive. Would it be cheating if i built both into the same enclosure?

The cheap ampegs are pretty nice. People also like the cheap fenders

will that 25watt 1*8 work well or do I need that 40watt one?

>abnoxious
Got dam

>abnoxious
Fucking hell, I'm retarded. Apologies.

Vincent is still shit doe.

Is there any examples of her playing geetar well?

A 25 watt should would work fine if you're playing against a stereo. Smaller speakers like that might not recreate low frequencies that well, but extremely dominant low frequencies at low volume will sound bad anyways.

No arguments there brother

Would it be a bad idea putting Light baritone strings on a 25.5? I mean I've done baritone tuning on it before with lighter strings and worked relatively fine

How many packs of strings do you usually go through in, say a year? How many picks? Do you tend to break strings before you change them? What's your policy on changing strings when one breaks like a week (or two, or three, or a month, ...) after changing the entire set?

I still have the factory strings on my guitar that I bought 4 years ago

>How many packs of strings do you usually go through in, say a year?
About 6 or 7.

>How many picks?
Been using the same pick for the last year and a half. It's a Dragonheart, and those things are indestructible.

> Do you tend to break strings before you change them?
No, I can notice them going out of tune quicker and sounding worse than they should when it's time for a change.

>What's your policy on changing strings when one breaks like a week (or two, or three, or a month, ...) after changing the entire set?
If that ever did happen to me, I'd buy a single string, preferably from the same manufacturer/brand as the rest, and just change that.

Guys, I am looking for a really "SOLID" solid state amp. I am aware tube amps are "better", but I am not able to own one at the moment because I live in an apartment, so I gotta play the amp on a lower volume levels. Therefore, as we know, tube amps are supposed to get cranked for them to get that "sweet toan". Budget =< $800.

Genres that I play are progressive metal. Meaning a multi channel amp is a must. (I want that sweet metal toan, and crispy cleans).

I have a THR5 that sounds fine for prog metal, I'd get one of the slightly better models though.

JC20

youtube.com/watch?v=oJexD2f8Oc8

strat and a vibroverb, no pedals

Why do I even check UG any more...

ultimate-guitar.com/news/features/superior_thermowood_roasted_guitars.html

The article is pure horseshit and shilling, as usual, but it's the comment section you should pay attention to. And as expected, people are calling bullshit on this nonsense, as they should. So, all is well. Now, if a day comes that the commenters on UG start defending tonewood and relicing, then you know it's gonna be time to jump ship and never look back.

Watching Hetfield at the Grammys makes me kind of want that explorer style guitar he uses. He looks pretty cool with it.

inb4 "You're not James Hetfield, faggot"

You're not James Hetfield, faggot.

I don't know what else I expected.

Still, at £1350 for an LTD with EMG pickups, I think I'll pass.

>How many packs of strings do you usually go through in, say a year?
A lot. 1 guitar gets strings every quarter. 2 get them every month or every 4 shows(if i dont play it live it doesnt count), whichever comes first. 5 string bass gets them about every month and a half, or when it sounds bad recording. 4 string gets them when im recording with it(its been over a year, i use the 5 for everything now), both acoustics will get them if im recording or performing with it, been 4 months on one and 2 on the other.

>How many picks?
I buy a 12 pack everytime i buy strings, i lose them before they where out.

Do you tend to break strings before you change them?
Broken 1 string in the past 10 years, that was when we ended up playing 5 nights in a row unexpectedly, and i was close to a month on them already. Broke it during a really hype jam over superstition, was able to change it real quick while the key player went ham.

>What's your policy on changing strings when one breaks like a week (or two, or three, or a month, ...) after changing the entire set?
Change them all, i play the cheap D Addarios. It would be too confusing if it were to happen now. Hasnt happened since my first 4 years of playing, i was in a punk band and breaking strings all the time.

Which models might I ask, good sir?
I was actually looking between the JC20, JC40, or JC120. Their clean channel is pretty dope. Do you think the JC40 or 120 might have a bit more distortion?

Dunno but they might be a bit too loud.

Famous people shilling the fuck out of overpriced garbage is nothing new. Usually when it comes to instruments they call it "signature models".

1. Jah Wobble
2. Ernie Isley
3. Carlos Santana

Pretty ugly explorer copy. It used to look nicer i thought, but still not the best knock off

what classic song should i learn on guitar next

Amazing Grace

My nickname is actually Hetfield

THR10 or THR10X. The X skew is supposed to be the hi gain version, but I don't know how it sounds compared to the regular skew, which should also be fine as I have the regular skew of the THR5.

I've seen Misha Mansoor and Mark Holcomb use the the THR10X as a practice amp though.

I kind of like the more extreme shape. It looks better to me when someone's holding it though, just like offsets.

Vertigo Shadow.

Wonderwall

And my nickname is Daddy, because that's what your mother called me last night.

Im not going to tell you my secret weapon

I find that highly unlikely since my parents died when I was 8

thanks babes

You killed them to steal their dubs, ADMIT IT

Sup guys
Lets discuss the effects of the way one holds the pick in the sound

Is holding the pick tight a must to achieving the biggest sound possible?

Heres a experiment for starting the discussion
clyp.it/m4me0noc

THATS A TRIPLE DOUBLE NIGGA

Im glad im not the only one that thought this

Also do you hold the pick slanted and play using the edge, or do you hold it parallel with the strings and really pluck? I feel like I have greater control and better sound when I play lightly.

What do u guys think of squire guitars? Personally they sound azzum! Just like fender strawberrycasers!

>playing with a pick

how to get good at these insults? i always get owned on these cause i dont have the creativity/timing and end up saying un-cool, humiliating stuff for compensating

Shitty ass metal solo
youtu.be/POaaw_x7gvQ

Look at that faggot

Wtf?
youtu.be/ybxkeOEQX-U

pick slanted gives a smoother attack, id rather play with the pick flat and get a heavier, though sloppier, sound

Everyone does IRL.

scotland the brave

holding the pick tight gives a treblier sound what the fuck

i want to no longer i want to do these and be funny

Why would anybody want a sloppy sound?
This you with that sloppy shit?

shes such a faggot

They sound less alive than a fender. But all you need to do is get it set up properly and throw on better pickups and you have a boss guitar
Wasn't that bad

maybe the key is pick hard and holding the pick tight;; and picking more towards the neck to compensate for the bass loss

i dont know. look at Ace Frehley. Hes sloppy as fuck today but his notes still sound big and strong cause he really picks each one
is not me

youtube.com/watch?v=lan-UQfN0zs

dis song man,
chills
youtu.be/PSH0eRKq1lE

Lol kiss
>like anyone on Sup Forums can play like that

The tone sucks but pretty good otherwise

>when the drums kick in

i'd say about 2-3 but i don't gig.

i buy my picks in packs of 10 and usually lose about half of them, so about 2 packs a year (so i always have 10-15 on hand at any given time)

I usually wait for a string to break and then restring the entire guitar. If a string breaks right after restringing then i just buy a new pack and salvage that one string, and throw the rest into my "loose" collection if another breaks and i don't have a full pack available.

i used to do the same and ended up with a useles bunch of packs all without the same string

I can go for years without changing certain strings

back to your quarantine thread

How's that flat sound treating you?

lol
made a little medley of ace frehley solos for you to listen what im talking about

clyp.it/qa4k1njs

sloppy playing and big notes
to this day i still didnt figure how to get that trebly pick noise he gets on the first solo

is there a name for thiss blues rythm where you play
2 4 5 4
0 0 0 0

Hows that flat head treatin your bitch ass

Rock n roll-led zeppelin

25W Rumble is a good amp. Loud enough for any basement I think. Its also really light. Nice digits.

i think its called standard blues rhythm

and it is more like

2- 4- 5-4

itt: post craigslist buys that were fucking ridiculous home runs

i smacked it out of the PARK on this bitch holy SHIT

I'm not saying people can't play like ace frehley, I'm talking about that solo someone accused you of playing

>tele
Vomit

Like a flathead catfish?

Hows that BIg Guitar String Industry cock treating your asshole?

>talked him down to 225
>flipped for 900

>TU-3 on eBay for 55 €
>figure I'll try offering 40
>seller goes down to 50
>offer 45
>no reply
Did I haggle too much? I am not a Jew.

They are 75€ brand new, and in fairness its hard to fuck up a tuning pedal or wear it out

ah
from that video, fast stuff starting at 0:29 is not what i usually play but i'm sure i could if i tried to
did you listen the clyp medley? whats your thoughts on the picking technique are you the one who likes slanted?

You mean the free strings I get at the place I work?